VINCENT JACKSON ARRESTED FOR DUI...vol. IDIOT

[h1]Chargers' Jackson arrested on DUI charge[/h1]
1 hour ago

SAN DIEGO (AP) - San Diego Chargers wide receiver Vincent Jackson was arrested Tuesday on suspicion of drunken driving.

Jackson failed sobriety tests shortly after 2 a.m. on state Route 52 in San Diego, said California Highway Patrol Officer Ray Scheidnes. He said he didn't know Jackson's blood alcohol level.

Jackson was on probation for a previous DUI arrest, Highway Patrol Officer Brad Baehr said. The player was taken to the San Diego County jail and released.

Chargers general manager A.J. Smith said he was aware of Jackson's "off-the-field issue."

"Obviously we're disappointed," Smith said. "We take these issues very seriously. Moving forward, we will monitor the situation and have no further comment."

Jackson just had the first 1,000-yard season of his career, for a team-high 1,098 yards and seven touchdowns. He became the first Chargers wide receiver to have 1,000 yards receiving since Curtis Conway in 2001.

Jackson caught 59 passes, second on the team behind Pro Bowl tight end Antonio Gates, but didn't catch any in Saturday's 23-17 overtime playoff win over Indianapolis. San Diego visits Pittsburgh for a playoff game Sunday.

The Chargers have had their share of off-field problems.

In 2006, there were six run-ins with the law by Chargers players, including linebacker Steve Foley's shooting by an off-duty Coronado police officer who suspected him of drunken driving, and another player who was arrested for investigation of DUI.

Besides the arrests, linebacker Shawne Merriman was suspended for four games for testing positive for steroids, and linebacker Stephen Cooper was suspended for the first four games of this season by the NFL after testing positive for a banned stimulant.

roll.gif
What an idiot. No pass from me. Drunk drivers get no love.

I knew there was going to be one Charger this season that was just going to eff up.

There's always one. Ever since we started winning.
laugh.gif

How is this gonna mess anything up?

Distraction? Sure.

He will be on the field on Sunday, which is what matters.

...as long as he gets more than ZERO catches.

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

Distraction? Sure.

i just asked in the game thread regarding his situation, so he isn't getting a suspension or anything? the article didn't say anythingregarding his status for the game.

Kevin Acee, SD Union Tribune reporter, stated on 1090 AM a couple hours ago that he will be on the field on Sunday.

That may not be the last word, but that is what was last mentioned about it.

BTW...

Funny story.

My coworker's rear bumper was nudged today while leaving Fashion Valley Mall at lunch by none other than Chris Chambers in his Escalade.

Those damn Charger wide receivers.

BTW...

Funny story.

My coworker's rear bumper was nudged today while leaving Fashion Valley Mall at lunch by none other than Chris Chambers in his Escalade.

Those damn Charger wide receivers.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah no distraction at all. We'll never receive any type of media attention so it's gonna be like nothing happened
pimp.gif

smh.gif
@ drunk driving though

Originally Posted by RawSheed

Yeah no distraction at all. We'll never receive any type of media attention so it's gonna be like nothing happened
pimp.gif

smh.gif
@ drunk driving though

True. But dumb as hell to do anything that could even have the slightest possiblity to hinder out chances on sunday. Come on VJax. And Chambers haha.

Distraction? Sure.

Actually, what really matters, is keeping drunk drivers off the road, athlete or not.
wink.gif

Dude is an idiot because he already knew of his prior DUI offense and decided to drive drunk again.

I'm guessing this dumb!@# doesn't get his licensed revoked or anything even after a second offense. SMH.

But I expect DUI 83 to have a big game on Sunday.
laugh.gif

I hope he doesn't play though. Justice needs to be served. I'm sure people who have lost someone dear to them due to drunk driving can reallyappreciate a drunk driver getting off easy because he's got a playoff game on Sunday.

th ebeauty of the NFL playoffs. Getting arrested during it has zero affect on your playing status. Word to eugene robinson.

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

Distraction? Sure.

I'm guessing this dumb!@# doesn't get his licensed revoked or anything even after a second offense. SMH.

But I expect DUI 83 to have a big game on Sunday.
laugh.gif

I hope he doesn't play though. Justice needs to be served. I'm sure people who have lost someone dear to them due to drunk driving can really appreciate a drunk driver getting off easy because he's got a playoff game on Sunday.
I was thinking he already had a prior DUI offense. I feel that pain. I had a close homie die due to a drunkie. As much as I would like to see VJAXon the field. Dude has to learn that driving drunk effects more lives than his own...

Craziest thing... school started back up on Monday and we were short a student. I text her to see if she was coming in and she replies(no joke), "My 24year old sister died last night because of a _______ drunk driver."

eek.gif
smh.gif

In my head, I was like wth? I had to stare at the text for a while before it even hit.

Back to VJ.. sorry to say, but dude is LUCKY nothing happened to anyone else. Do I want him on the field on Sunday? Sure. Do I think he should? Nah.

Dudes shouldn't get passes just because of their status. If it was Joe Schmoe or (insert professional athlete), both should get the same consequence.

DUI, FTL.

a girl i know dated him, she talked to him yesterday and the chargers might not let him even suit up on sunday. so more than likely he's not going to play

Originally Posted by pokeyneil30

a girl i know dated him, she talked to him yesterday and the chargers might not let him even suit up on sunday. so more than likely he's not going to play
If true, then
pimp.gif

Players/Athletes need to realize, that just because they've got status, don't mean they can get away with dumb stuff like that. You pay for youractions.

I liked VJ a lot, but hearing this, I've lost a lot of respect for him as an individual. I could understand a first time offense, but a second time? FTL.Idiot is lucky he didn't kill/injure anyone or himself.

Are you serious?

The thing is he DIDN'T get away with what he did, he got caught! The Sheriff could have just let him drive home due to his status.

This is a decision ALL of us have made, everyone be honest with yourself.

I know the consequences, I know people who are not with us due to drunk drivers.... but you guys can't tell me you haven't at least once (twice, threetimes, did it last night...etc) driven home drunk/buzzed.

We can't be so high and mighty, just because he is an athlete.

He is a young idiot like all of us were/are, he is also our best receiver we have to want him to play.

I am not happy with what happened, and I believe he should pay all consequences legally... however he should be playing if he is able to.

Unless you drive a car/bus/train/plane for a living do you get suspended from work due to a DUI?

Back
Top Bottom