Visiting Dallas TX. What should I do?

If visiting Houston...

Step 1 - Buy a 94-96 Impala or 95-02 Cadillac Eldorado

Step 2 - Candy paint, Swangers, 5th wheel trunk kit

Step 3 - PROFIT ?

Houston is almost like Chicago or Detroit, Old !!% city.

City is garbage...

Rangers or Mavericks game.
Hit up the bars in Uptown or Greenville.
Rudy's Chicken is the $^#*, but it's in the hood.
Hit up Northpark or the Galleria.
NT mini summit?

Originally Posted by dankenstien88

If visiting Houston...

Step 1 - Buy a 94-96 Impala Buick or 95-02 Cadillac Eldorado

Step 3 - PROFIT ?  Get harassed by police continuously. 

Fixed

Make sure you check out the Nike outlets. If time permits, make sure you visit the one in Terrell, TX, it's just outside of Dallas. Depending on where you're coming from, you might pass it along the way.

Originally Posted by Wr

Originally Posted by Mrsouthernhospitality

Originally Posted by trunks206

Its not a chicken place but this man knows whats up. My Ex was from Dallas ("Oak Cliff thats my hood!"
laugh.gif
) and yes Rudy's BBQ is a MUST. I would bring home soo much for people whenever we went to visit. (http://rudysbbq.com/page/home) Best BBQ in Texas straight up.
Go to the Six Flags in Arlington just outside of Dallas (Its the original Six Flags) and if you like water parks you can go to Hurricane Harbor which is across the street but if you want to go to a real water park make a day trip and drive the 4 hours to the the Schlitterbahn outside of San Antonio in New Braunfels ( http://schlitterbahn.com/nb/ ) %@## is HUGE and its AWESOME!

If you stay in the DFW area go to Tiffs treats for some super good fresh baked cookies (http://www.tiffstreats.com they deliver too). Sonic for awesome drinks. Hook Line and Sinker for some good seafood (http://www.yelp.com/biz/hook-line-and-sinker-dallas) But seriously you need to go to Rudy's I think the closest one to Dallas is in Waco TX (unless they built more since Ive been their last) but it not too far of a drive maybe (45mins-hour from downtown Dallas) I want to live vicariously through you so you need to go. 
laugh.gif

Dallas as a city is pretty weak imo as there really isn much to the city, everything is just spread around and sprawled out. You arent going to see many cool sights but as others said there is some cool stuff to do in other places and great food everywhere.  

Have fun and again go to Rudys! 
laugh.gif

get ready for a waiting line too
Rudy's BBQ, and Rudy's Chicken in the hood off lancaster rd two different places. 
Rudys.jpg

images

One is a hood spot that's known for the extra seasoning you can get on request. It'll having ur blood pressure up instantly 
pimp.gif

Other one is like a big chain restaurant 
Oh my bad the standout place in down that way to me was/is Rudy'd BBQ so when he mentioned Rudy's I thought he was talking about the BBQ place. I think I've been there before, we didnt go in we went through the drive though, I remember it coming in a brown paper bag and fried okra for some reason. In not then it was somewhere else but if ya'll say its good then OP you need to hit up BOTH Rudy's! 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by dakid23

Originally Posted by trunks206

Originally Posted by 17

i dont know if this place is in Dallas but i know it's somewhere in Texas, it's a chicken spot called Rudy's my homeboy from Texas is always talking about that place like it's the best thing ever made

Its not a chicken place but this man knows whats up. My Ex was from Dallas ("Oak Cliff thats my hood!"
laugh.gif
) and yes Rudy's BBQ is a MUST. I would bring home soo much for people whenever we went to visit. (http://rudysbbq.com/page/home) Best BBQ in Texas straight up.
Go to the Six Flags in Arlington just outside of Dallas (Its the original Six Flags) and if you like water parks you can go to Hurricane Harbor which is across the street but if you want to go to a real water park make a day trip and drive the 4 hours to the the Schlitterbahn outside of San Antonio in New Braunfels ( http://schlitterbahn.com/nb/ ) %@## is HUGE and its AWESOME!

If you stay in the DFW area go to Tiffs treats for some super good fresh baked cookies (http://www.tiffstreats.com they deliver too). Sonic for awesome drinks. Hook Line and Sinker for some good seafood (http://www.yelp.com/biz/hook-line-and-sinker-dallas) But seriously you need to go to Rudy's I think the closest one to Dallas is in Waco TX (unless they built more since Ive been their last) but it not too far of a drive maybe (45mins-hour from downtown Dallas) I want to live vicariously through you so you need to go. 
laugh.gif

Dallas as a city is pretty weak imo as there really isn much to the city, everything is just spread around and sprawled out. You arent going to see many cool sights but as others said there is some cool stuff to do in other places and great food everywhere.  

Have fun and again go to Rudys! 
laugh.gif

You broke up with her 
eek.gif
ohwell.gif
Jeff 
laugh.gif
 yeah a while back. Getting into UW was pretty much the nail in the coffin.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by JD214

City is garbage...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Were you the same guy who said Cleveland was better than Houston? Man shut up.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by JD214

City is garbage...
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Were you the same guy who said Cleveland was better than Houston? Man shut up.

No, That wasn't me.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Tr1ll

If visiting Houston...

Step 1 - Buy a 94-96 Impala Buick or 95-02 Cadillac Eldorado

Step 3 - PROFIT ?  Get harassed by police continuously.    
Fixed
step 4 - have to turn your phone off cuz the hood biddies are blowing you up...
they just wanna tip on them 4 vogues, fambs...

them super pokers on a new body cadillac, doe... 
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

sidenote: what the hell was he talking about w/ a 94 impala on some swangz... 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

aint ever seen that out here...

Originally Posted by Peep Game

meh, the shut up part still applies.
Originally Posted by Regal Black

This dude comparing Houston to Detroit? LOL!!
2 of my top 5 NTers in full effect
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by ricky409

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i didnt say it wasnt possible...
i just never seen it... its always buicks, caddys, a few monte carlos, and a charger every now and again....

that blue one would be DOPE w/ some 20" gorillas, though...

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^ I feel ya. Roadmasters, LeSabres, Fleetwoods and DeVilles are def the most common slabs but the Impalas and Eldos are my personal favorites. 

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i just never seen it... its always buicks, caddys, a few monte carlos, and a charger every now and again....

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I stay in Mo city. I've seen everything from Astro Vans to Bentleys on swangers.

Me, personally, I feel like theres a line your supposed to draw. Swangers don't look good everything. That might just be my Florida Boy talking, anything less than 24s on a Chevy is uncivilized.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
H-town thread jacking
laugh.gif

Tr1ll wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I stay in Mo city. I've seen everything from Astro Vans to Bentleys on swangers.

Me, personally, I feel like theres a line your supposed to draw. Swangers don't look good everything. That might just be my Florida Boy talking, anything less than 24s on a Chevy is uncivilized.
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
H-town thread jacking
laugh.gif

lulz @ the spoiler.
seen swangaz on a volkswagon passat once... 
sick.gif
sick.gif

you in the mo, though? i used to live over by fondren and 59... worked at Sharpstown when it was REALLY sharpstown... 

not that plaza de americas nonsense...

i'm from LaMarque though... its down by Galveston...

Back to Dallas though... for those that have been in Dallas and Houston...

Westheimer, Main, and the Southwest is to Houston....

as...

____, ____. and _____ is to Dallas....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Rudys chicken is %%#%#%@
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
its on lancaster in south Oak Cliff, do not go during lunch time though...

Yu is making his debut on monday..

Tr1ll wrote:

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
H-town thread jacking
laugh.gif

lulz @ the spoiler.
seen swangaz on a volkswagon passat once... 
sick.gif
sick.gif

you in the mo, though? i used to live over by fondren and 59... worked at Sharpstown when it was REALLY sharpstown... 

not that plaza de americas nonsense...

i'm from LaMarque though... its down by Galveston...

Back to Dallas though... for those that have been in Dallas and Houston...

Westheimer, Main, and the Southwest is to Houston....

as...

____, ____. and _____ is to Dallas....

nerd.gif
nerd.gif

lol aint sh#$% to do in dallas honestly lol. Just endless highways and shopping centers, but really no special attractions anywhere that you can't find in other states. 
We used to have West End and Deep Ellum but it's kinda lame now. Really just Greenville Ave, and bars, lounges out in Addison. But like someone said before, Dallas is hella spread out so be ready to drive.  

Dallas has a plethora of suburbs and cities that make up Dallas county and they are all different. People talk, act and look differently even though it's all one county. 

Back
Top Bottom