Visiting DC Mr. Luther King weekend

Hey everyone,
I will be visiting DC next weekend to check out my girl and see the area (I'm thinking about moving to Va within the next 2 years). I have a few questions though. What is there to do in DC for a 27 year old besides seeing all the historic places (I plan to do that). I'm flying into Baltimore and renting a car into DC so I will need to find a hotel also (very expensive). Is public transportation the best way to get around or will driving be good? I just decided this an hour ago and purchased the ticket so I am definitely doing this. Any help or advice's would be greatly appreciated (hotel discount codes haha). I am coming from Rhode lsand BTW. 

if you do go see monuments go see them at night. especially mlk. i went this past weekend for the third time and it never ceases to amaze me.

metro is cool if you are going to be doing a lot in the city (DC) parking can get expensive and hard to find

if you are looking for a hotel...i would look in the outskirts of dc...but somewhere near a metro if you decide not drive

i guess i dont really get out much but some coop places to check out are downtown silver spring, adams morgan (at night), u st (at night) they have a lot of different cultures and have some interesting spots to eat between the two. if you in va definitely get some peruvian chicken or pupusas and if you in bmore crabs for sure.

cant think of whatever advice to give you but let me know if you have questions.

DMV is really Dry. Your best bet is to stay in your whip. Cheaper hotels are in PG CO. BMORE and the DMV are 2 totally different places. Once you hit the So Called Tourist Spots (MLK, Gtown, Gallery Place). Hit up VAPIANO's for lunch (located in Gallery Place across from At&t). But if you fly in on FRIDAY, make sure you check out Stadium Fridays!!

Back
Top Bottom