Visiting Honolulu, Hawaii for 8 Days, what should I do

Visit Pearl Harbor
Hike Diamond Head
Hike Manoa Falls
Snorkle at Hanauma Bay
Eat at Giovanni's Shrimp truck
Relax at Waikiki beach
Attend Paradise Cove Luau (not as good as the one in Maui though)
Ride ATV's at Kualoa Ranch

Can't go wrong with just driving up and down the coast and stopping at any of the beaches. Enjoy your time there!
I came in here to say this. I enjoyed it when I was there. I was the only one to finish out of my kids, mother and sister. And the view is amazing.

Went to Kauai last year man if I can vacation there every year I would man Hawaii is so dope and laid back. A week wasn't enough smh.

Hawaii
nthat.gif

Miss that damn place. Maui
nthat.gif
. Straight crusing down the coastline jamming to some reggae living that ISLAND LIFE
nthat.gif

I'm supposed to go to maui for a wedding in April. Anyone got any ideas for maui and an idea on how much I'll be dropping??

I just booked a $594 roundtrip flight to Honolulu. I live in eastern Canada. Crazy deal. Only 6 nights. :frown: We arrive at night first day so we miss the first day. Oh my god cannot wait! !! Will check out this thread in the coming months to plan an itinerary.

Last edited:
Hawaii is anything but boring. Black/green sand beaches. Kona coffee. Macadamia nuts.

Been twice. Arm and leg for airfare.

Do not go to that most over hyped shaved ice place, I forget the name of the place. I just didn't understand the line. I guess they were the first to get reviewed on yelp, so the followers came flocking. There is a shop right across the street that gives the exact same shaved ice away for free, but people don't want it. :lol:

Had my honeymoon there 2 years ago. Awesome experience, we wanted to do the tourist thing and stayed at Sheraton Waikiki with an ocean front view, the lanai was the ish.
Infinity Pool, Rumfire bar - we had a great time. Drank and partied everyday. 6 nights and 7 days
I'll keep post short and post more...

Our Lanai view...

Up Super Early for a Swim Due to Jet Lag

Mai Tai in the Infinity Pool

More at Rumfire... Bar/Lounge of Sheraton Waikiki

Hiked to Diamond Head, walked to and from Hotel, no damns given...

Last edited:
Indeed. Maui is boring. It's beautiful, but there isn't much to do, but for my purposes, that's just fine. 

Maui is boring if you are looking for a nightlife....once 9pm hits it's pretty much a wrap, except locals bars which I was told were not too friendly to tourists...lol so I didn't try...but if you want to relax as explore...taking the drive to Hana alone >>>>>>>>>>>>

It was such a beautiful experience bros, all the waterfalls along the way, shaved ice stops, the seven sacred pools at the end...the drive back...I drive back @ night through a rain storm...scary but adventurous as hell in my rented Wrangler...it was too dope

Crazy, I met Matsumoto of Matsumoto's shaved ice in 2012, he brought a small stand to Tokyo for the summer. Mannnn was that the best shaved ice I've ever had. I'm going to Hawaii in March, must hunt his stand down.

Crazy, I met Matsumoto of Matsumoto's shaved ice in 2012, he brought a small stand to Tokyo for the summer. Mannnn was that the best shaved ice I've ever had. I'm going to Hawaii in March, must hunt his stand down.
Can't lie it was great. We spent a day in Haleiwa up in North Shore and saw his store and copped.

Rent a car and drive the whole island. Look for private beaches because they are the best. And if you want fresh sushi and got plenty of cash to spend, hit up Sushi Sasabune. The shrimp trucks are also the best.

matsumotos is not the best shave ice on the island. it's a great stop on a trip to the north shore and a nice place for tourists. just watch out for the bees by the rubbish can :lol:

best shave ice on the island imo is shimazu store (about a 10-15 min drive from waikiki).
View media item 762199
another good option is waiola store (about 5 mins from waikiki).
View media item 762235

Matsumoto you say?...lol
IMO I thought it was overhyped...,we got some shaved ice from some tiny hit on the way to Hana in Maui and that joint blew Matsumoto out the water bros

Bunch of pics from paradise cove, Pearl Harbor, north shore, Maui, etc...if interested

http://elkincardonaphotography.com/blog/?p=4568
Repped.
Thanks for sharing. I miss the island, I know how Jack Shephard felt when the island kept calling him back.

Last edited:
matsumotos is not the best shave ice on the island. it's a great stop on a trip to the north shore and a nice place for tourists. just watch out for the bees by the rubbish can
laugh.gif

best shave ice on the island imo is shimazu store (about a 10-15 min drive from waikiki).

another good option is waiola store (about 5 mins from waikiki).
co-sign on Waiola...WAAAY better than Matsumoto's. that being said, you should still try Matsumoto's if you're on the north shore

i live on the big island
for natural beauty / relaxing big island, maui, kauai are all amazing, but they dont offer much besides that

basically, if your a city cat every island is boring except oahu

Back
Top Bottom