VIsiting SF July 3-6

What should I do? meeting up with some old college buddies so likely lots of drinking.... may be in Sacto on saturday. anyway just looking for fun spots or things to do, thanks NT famb. Also if anyone wants to kick it i am down

Find a good spot for fireworks on the 4th.

Either down by pier 39 or somewhere up high like twin peaks. If you guys are driving to either of those locations expect street closures and very low availability of parking.

Bars, strip clubs on broadway. Lots of tourist things to do if you're into that.

not so touristy... we will probably just drink and chase yambs.... staying close to where van ness and lombard meet

not so touristy... we will probably just drink and chase yambs.... staying close to where van ness and lombard meet

Nice central location. Pretty much bars in any direction you move from there. Yambs should be in full effect. Summertime, schools out, nice weather in the city brings everyone out. Might even run into me :nerd:

one person says broadway, other says stay away that weekend damb. always will be down to run into NTers. 

any specific bars i should hit? or generally theyre all good?

Since you're close to Van Ness and Lombard, you can head into the Marina District (Chestnut St), Cow Hollow (Union St) or Polk St.  Lots of bars in those areas.  Probably going to  be tons of people watching fireworks in the Marina Green, Crissy Fields, Aquatic Park, Fishermans Wharf which is close by..

Since you're on lombard and van ness you should be near a sandwich place called Vikings Submarines. I recommend the roast beef there.

Since you're on lombard and van ness you should be near a sandwich place called Vikings Submarines. I recommend the roast beef there.
will def grub there

apparently we changed the hotel to Clift... wherever that is

will def grub there

apparently we changed the hotel to Clift... wherever that is
You'll be downtown near Union Square right by Niketown. haha.

Check out the Redwood Room in the hotel for drinks.  You can get drinks over at the W as well.

You'll be downtown near Union Square right by Niketown. haha.

Check out the Redwood Room in the hotel for drinks.  You can get drinks over at the W as well.
word, my wallet is going to die then

any other bars or clubs that should be hit for certain?

word, my wallet is going to die then

any other bars or clubs that should be hit for certain?

if you're staying in that area and don't want to go too far, i recommend checking out polk st. tons of bars along that area, and its not far from union square. but getting to that neighborhood can be sketchy since you're passing through the tenderloin. I recommend Bob's donuts if you need post-bar hop grub.

clubs nearby you: infusion or vessel.
places to eat: katana-ya for ramen (its small and there's usually a wait), the cavalier (get the burger), farmerbrown
bars if you want to watch sports: golden gate tap room, tempest.

if you can make it to the mission district, i recommend that area.
bars/clubs: double dutch, skylark, beauty bar, or bruno's.
taquerias open til 3am (el farolito or taqueria cancun), or you can get street dogs.

OP what bars did you end up going to during your stay?
vessel

cantina

stock in trade

east side west

blur

mcteagues

kozy kab (LOL)

playland

others i cant remember

vessel was super dope but super pricey.

stock and east side west were both in the marina and were my favorite two spots.... the yambz.....

Last edited:
Thinking about taking my GF to SF for a weekend for our anniversary. Nov 7-9. Looking at hotels close to union square. Good general location?

Back
Top Bottom