Visiting Stanford

What's up guys? I'm from Chicago and I'm heading out to Stanford to see my buddy play football this coming weekend and I was wondering if there are any good shoe spots right around the university worth going to in the four days I am there.

Thanks a lot!
WTB OG White/Red Jordan XII BOX sz. 11...hit me up.
The Jordan Forum has made me a disgruntled member...

/\ I'd love to, but I don't how able I will be since I am going to be with the guy's brother and his wife, and their parents...so if there was somewhere I could just pop in at that would be ideal.
WTB OG White/Red Jordan XII BOX sz. 11...hit me up.
The Jordan Forum has made me a disgruntled member...

Palo Alto does not have any decent sneaker spots. The Stanford Shopping Center next door to the University is a decent mall for general shopping but not for kicks.

The closest spot is probably turf or atlas down in San Mateo which is about 20 min north of Palo Alto.

Quote:
What's up guys? I'm from Chicago and I'm heading out to Stanford to see my buddy play football this coming weekend and I was wondering if there are any good shoe spots right around the university worth going to in the four days I am there.

There isn't anything worth goign to within 25 minutes or so of campus. Check out turf in san mateo it's just a small detour on the way to sf where the best places are. Other than shoes, there is no shortage of shopping within 30 minutes but it all depends on your tastes. Campus is going to be pretty empty while you're there though which is unfortunate

Edit: ON the off chance you appreciate art, visit cantor (it's free), walk around and enjoy the rodin and modern art, and get into the church if at all possible. It's amazing.

Thanks, curt! Yeah, we're pretty bummed that it's going to be so empty, but at least we'll get to see a lot of cool behind the scenes football stuff. Maybe we'll meet the Chicago Bears legend, Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh :D
happy.gif
WTB OG White/Red Jordan XII BOX sz. 11...hit me up.The Jordan Forum has made me a disgruntled member...

curt....

you go to stanford???? i work there! hhahaha i work at the meyer library for sul-techsupport

jazzyFLESH.com
>touch more bread than a motherfu**in deli!<
AIM: tee eye ehm / e-mail: timmyjimmy784@yahoo.com/ reppin the bay area

Quote:
Thanks, curt! Yeah, we're pretty bummed that it's going to be so empty, but at least we'll get to see a lot of cool behind the scenes football stuff. Maybe we'll meet the Chicago Bears legend, Stanford head coach Jim Harbaugh Also, I get to see the home opener against UCLA...should be solid.

I am going to try and get the crew to check out the art stuff and church. I think we'll have a good crowd for that.

You know what, there is something that is REALLY fun about Stanford over the summer. People are so much more relaxed. There will definitely be a few things going on both within and outside the fotball circles. You shouldn't have ahard time getting time with Harbaugh. Coaching staff is pretty accessible and they always do pregame stuff open to students but I'm sure you could get in since your friend is a player and not many students will be around. It wouldnt' be unreasonable at all to be able to get a ball signed by him or something. Definitely check out the campus. What year is your friend? As long as he isn't a new frosh, he shoudl know plenty to show you around. If he is, I'm hapy to provide tips in advance but you will find students are extremely helpful. We're quite used to tourists and speakers asking us for directions.

Quote:
you go to stanford???? i work there! hhahaha i work at the meyer library for sul-techsupport

Is that the desk on what is it, the 2nd floor? I have only been upstairs ONCE to edit a video and borrow some thing to transfer video on my tivo to my roommates laptop for a fleet street video.

I'll be at the game also (Go Bruins!!!). It's already been mentioned, but there's no sneaker spots. The only time I'm ever in Palo Alto is when I go to IKEA.
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX​
2007 NFC West Champs!!!​
TEAM XBOX360​
.::joebruin00::.​

Stanford Shopping Center is a pretty good mall in general, Bloomingdales is dope, but no shoe spots. But the vibe I get from Palo Alto/Stanford is that it's really relaxed and it's a rich area.

Also, I'm not really a Stanford guy (check the sig) but the campus is beautiful and serene. It's definitely worth it just goin around and seeing the spots. I used to go there for chinese school :lol:
laugh.gif
Team49ers/CalBears/Warriors
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
UCSD Football Win Total: 0​

Quote:
But the vibe I get from Palo Alto/Stanford is that it's really relaxed and it's a rich area.

100% correct. Third most expensive housing market in the nation according to a thing I saw a while back.

Quote:
chill near that fountain near the bookstore.
:lol:
laugh.gif
I mean come on, he really is ugly

Quote:
And also be sure to check out downtown Palo Alto...there are definitely some good restaurants there you can check out. It's a good place to have a dinner and just stroll around.

bingo. Can't beat andale's for quick goodness or jing jing for some great spicy chinese

What's that one crazy Japanese restaurant that gets people on their seats to take sake shots? That place is the wildest Japenese spot. They have like some disco lights and a fog machine and all the waiters there want you to drink. Too bad their food sucks......
- Fong$tarr

E-mail: Fongstarr@hotmail.com
TEAM WARRIORS WE BELIEVE

Quote:
Is that the desk on what is it, the 2nd floor? I have only been upstairs ONCE to edit a video and borrow some thing to transfer video on my tivo to my roommates laptop for a fleet street video.

jazzyFLESH.com
>touch more bread than a motherfu**in deli!<
AIM: tee eye ehm / e-mail: timmyjimmy784@yahoo.com/ reppin the bay area

Back
Top Bottom