• Straight Talk

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I didn't even notice the date 
laugh.gif

I need to know what is this magical technology that is going keep T-mobile speeds high when their network fills up.
not magical.

The 4g is really just expanded 3g network...

There isn't fall off between the different levels of technology so they transition seamlessly.

It also allows them to boost their 3g speeds up to HSDPA quality.

Their lte pipes are large because they're essentially 3g pipes, in laymen's terms...

With Verizon... Its lte or ev-do... The drop off is really massive...

Its also way more naturally congested because they have more people....

I need to know what is this magical technology that is going keep T-mobile speeds high when their network fills up.
not magical.

The 4g is really just expanded 3g network...

There isn't fall off between the different levels of technology so they transition seamlessly.

It also allows them to boost their 3g speeds up to HSDPA quality.

Their lte pipes are large because they're essentially 3g pipes, in laymen's terms...

With Verizon... Its lte or ev-do... The drop off is really massive...

Its also way more naturally congested because they have more people....

And this is different from AT&T how?

ATT and VZW have 3-4 x the customers of Tmobile, as much as you guys love Tmo they aren't gonna have anywhere near the amount of customers as VZW or ATT so their LTE isn't ever gonna get as sluggish as VZW. And with Vzw LTE will be the fall back network once they roll out LTE-A and Vo LTE everywhere and can finally turn off CDMA, but thats gonna take like 10 yrs or so.

And this is different from AT&T how?
I don't recall saying its different technologies... I Prolly worded it wrong...

But its different because ATT didn't expound on their 3g and HSDPA framework.... They just added it in...

They still have the same layered transition.. But they're back end speeds won't catch like T-Mobile.

ATT is in such a rush to purchase more spectrum because of that reason...

The lte pipes are relatively small so when a bunch of people jump on, it bogs it down...

Now... All this is strictly what I've learned while working in am ATT store here in Dallas, and working in financial analytics of one of the big 4 carriers...

Could all be wrong... But I'm pretty confident in it...

I don't recall saying its different technologies... I Prolly worded it wrong...

But its different because ATT didn't expound on their 3g and HSDPA framework.... They just added it in...

They still have the same layered transition.. But they're back end speeds won't catch like T-Mobile.

ATT is in such a rush to purchase more spectrum because of that reason...

The lte pipes are relatively small so when a bunch of people jump on, it bogs it down...

Now... All this is strictly what I've learned while working in am ATT store here in Dallas, and working in financial analytics of one of the big 4 carriers...

Could all be wrong... But I'm pretty confident in it...

with LTE compared to the older technologies, upgrading the networking once its fully rolled out is a matter of "flipping a switch" opposed to having to build more towers. ATT and Tmo are focusing on only Heavy Populated Urban Areas and using HSPA+ for rural areas , while VZW is using LTE for the entire network, while it is more unified it is also highly expensive, but just like ATT and TMO they have to focus on making sure major metro areas are served. LTE can actually handle more traffic than the older technologies, the issue isn't necessarily the number of people on the network but the fact that people are doing much more with their phones.

I personally think Data Caps might go away and we just pay a flat fee to use carriers because Once VoLTE comes out there will be no more minutes just data, and I`m not sure how they will be able to differentiate Voice calls done over LTE vs actual Data being used, unless they put software in out phones that will alert the carrier when we are using a particular activity. But even then a simple jailbreak/hack could take care of that.

Lemme tell u guys why da htc one is the best phone ever.
Ive had it since release. Majority of the time ive had no case but recently i been using these thin plastic case cuz i like the color. Dropped it alot and it has some bent aluminum but everything works fine.
The camera is awesome. Dat wode angle :smokin

But the most important reason i have been using it stock all this time with no issues at all. Every phone ive had before this ive rooted in the first week due to stock software sucking but htc really did it right.

Lemme tell u guys why da htc one is the best phone ever.
Ive had it since release. Majority of the time ive had no case but recently i been using these thin plastic case cuz i like the color. Dropped it alot and it has some bent aluminum but everything works fine.
The camera is awesome. Dat wode angle :smokin

But the most important reason i have been using it stock all this time with no issues at all. Every phone ive had before this ive rooted in the first week due to stock software sucking but htc really did it right.

Just can't get down with Sense aesthetically.

Da HTC One for phone of da year. I can smoke to that.

What's phone of da year to the rest of yall?
nerd.gif
Loved my HTC One and the community behind it.

Can't say it was my favorite phone tho 
laugh.gif

Best speakers: One

Best battery: G2

Best looking: One/iPhone 5.. but this is personal opinion everyone's will be different.

Best UI and operating system: Nexus 5 is by far the smoothest of all devices and it ain't close.

Best screen: not sure about this I liked the One screen and the N3 screen and they're two different styles. coin flip

I can't pick a best myself.. but the best phone overall depends on what matters most to you, if it's battery, screen.. or updates and smoothness of everything.

The beauty of it all is you have all these different devices to choose from.. we're all winning 
pimp.gif

Last edited:
Loved my HTC One and the community behind it.

Can't say it was my favorite phone tho :lol:

Best speakers: One
Best battery: G2
Best looking: One/iPhone 5.. but this is personal opinion everyone's will be different.
Best UI and operating system: Nexus 5 is by far the smoothest of all devices and it ain't close.
Best screen: not sure about this I liked the One screen and the N3 screen and they're two different styles. coin flip

I can't pick a best myself.. but the best phone overall depends on what matters most to you, if it's battery, screen.. or updates and smoothness of everything.

The beauty of it all is you have all these different devices to choose from.. we're all winning :pimp:  

haha, I have an S4, so I didn't make your cut, but it's cool :pimp: that's what makes Android great. These are all great phones and we can't lose :pimp:

I never bought the S4 so I couldn't judge it.. I'm assuming it's similar to the N3 so it can go under the same phone 
laugh.gif

I also forgot to add in that sentence if it's battery, screen, smoothness.. or expandable storage.. which is what only sammy phones offer these days(I think).

But yeah, nobody is losing no matter what phone you own.. they're all great in their own ways.

Last edited:
Everyone wins with either phone.

Like what luck said earlier. The older phones are still relevant. Like da Note2.

I'm still holding on to this phone for some reason. I usually switch every 3-6 months but this device holds me down :pimp: but my eyes are on da N5

To me 2013 was filled with phones that could really hold you down for more than two years. I don't see myself moving on from my One until 2015. Still can't get over the build quality. A lot of companies stress lightness, but feeling the weight of the One is just awesome.

2013 was a great year for Android. We still had the Samsung devices pushing the way, but it was great to see companies like LG and HTC come out with fantastic devices.

Last edited:
I got a problem with my GS3. I think the power button has been pressed too many times so every time I press it the phone turns off, then on again. Can this even be fixed by the carrier? I don't have insurance :frown:

Mine started doing the same thing last month...anytime my finger was near the power button the screen would turn off. Now it only does it every now and then.

I googled it and others have had the same problem didn't see any solutions though.

Samsung might be able to fix if it's still under warranty.

I called sprint and they told me they couldn't fix it and I would have to call samsung so they could replace it but It's been over a year since I've had it. Guess I'm SOL until my next upgrade. Was thinking about buying a used one off eBay but I'd rather just wait it out. Now it only does it a few times like you said.

On another note I can finally use emojis on instagram. :smokin Been waiting forever to do that but the notification widgets on the lock screen are annoying when I try and swipe to unlock.

Last edited:
I called sprint and they told me they couldn't fix it and I would have to call samsung so they could replace it but It's been over a year since I've had it. Guess I'm SOL until my next upgrade. Was thinking about buying a used one off eBay but I'd rather just wait it out. Now it only does it a few times like you said.

On another note I can finally use emojis on instagram. :smokin Been waiting forever to do that but the notification widgets on the lock screen are annoying when I try and swipe to unlock.

You can always cop off swappa.

Nevermind, HTC gave me a new one :lol:

Unlocked da bootloada.

Forgot how to flash custom recovery tho + I'm on a mac :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom