• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Only thing I would be worried about with the Oneplus is updates. Having a Nexus had spoiled me in that category :pimp:

I want a phone a lil bigger than what I currently have (g2) and since the one plus is 1/3 the price of the z2 I'll probably give it a look.

hmmm...let me look this up. Thanks.

Would you recommend imediashare over something like AllCast or Avia??
I use Avia and is simple ...

Set up Google Chromecast > Open Shoebox > Select Movie/Show to watch > Select Media Player (Avia) > Once it opens up Hit the stream to Chromecast icon > DONE! Make sure you are on the same network. Allcast is buggy and you have to do extra steps ... I use Avia for Shoebox and for XBMC.

Dammit. Avia keeps crashing for me. :frown:

I found AllCast, but it keeps acting like I have just the regular one when I found the premium.

I want a phone a lil bigger than what I currently have (g2) and since the one plus is 1/3 the price of the z2 I'll probably give it a look.
have they mentioned exactlyhow much the z2 will be when they get around toi selling the unlocked versions in sony stores? 

Last edited:
My bad, I guess I never used Textra, because I d/l it and notice Ive never used it, my bad for saying I have. So far I like it, very quick, smooth ( a lot smoother than Hangouts) and it has a bevy of option. I might just by the Pro version.

Thanks for those who recommended it.

jvg is on point as usual

have they mentioned exactlyhow much the z2 will be when they get around toi selling the unlocked versions in sony stores? 
They haven't and 1/3 is a bit of an over exaggeration but sony store retail usually is pretty close to ebay prices. the cheapest I remember seeing the z2 for is $819 
sick.gif

I think the z1 debuted at $750 though and if thats any indication the z2 will probably be more than that.

edit: by the time its ready to release in the us it will probably go on sale for around $599-650 since the z3 or whatever the next sony is will be about to be announced

Last edited:
My bad, I guess I never used Textra, because I d/l it and notice Ive never used it, my bad for saying I have. So far I like it, very quick, smooth ( a lot smoother than Hangouts) and it has a bevy of option. I might just by the Pro version.

Thanks for those who recommended it.

This. I had been using handcent for yearsss. Its perfect except it doesnt do group texts well at all... During nba/nhl playoffs that gets annoying as hell. Go sms is ad ridden and got all the same problems. Didnt love chomp.

Textra is butter. Def buyin it after about about a day n a half trial run now

Airdroid has Themer integration now. Pretty cool even though I would never use Themer, the battery drain is too much

Hey bros, I just got a Samsung Tab 10.1. I downloaded Google Chrome as my browser, and hooked it up to my Chromecast. Am I not able to cast Google Chrome off my tablet? I don't see the icon like you would see on Chrome on my Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

That would be really dumb if you couldn't stream off a tablet.. Especially an android tablet. Cause you can pretty much stream anything to it.

Hey bros, I just got a Samsung Tab 10.1. I downloaded Google Chrome as my browser, and hooked it up to my Chromecast. Am I not able to cast Google Chrome off my tablet? I don't see the icon like you would see on Chrome on my Mac. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Accidental rep :lol: but you enjoy that. Gotta be on the same WiFi network and have Chromecast (app) installed on the Tablet. Try to stream Netflix or something from the tablet. Then go back into Chrome.

I actually haven't tried to stream Chrome from my phone/tablet...just the pc. Ill try it tonight as well and update you

Last edited:

Airdroid has Themer integration now. Pretty cool even though I would never use Themer, the battery drain is too much

I downloaded Themer for my HTC One and it has destroyed my battery life, even AFTER uninstalling it,

Anyone know why this may be?

Maybe not. Come to think of it i havent seen an ad anywhere and i havent even looked for a privacy box so problly not. Even more reason to love it :smokin

I'll gladly pay another $100-200 on top of the N5 price for a better camera and battery. Maybe even an SD slot.

Take all my money Google!!

So just to make sure I get it:

-No more Nexus Phones

-Silver Versions (sort of like Google Play Editions) of all the other phones?

But couldnt we just flash stock roms on phones anyway?

Last edited:
Accidental rep :lol: but you enjoy that. Gotta be on the same WiFi network and have Chromecast (app) installed on the Tablet. Try to stream Netflix or something from the tablet. Then go back into Chrome.

I actually haven't tried to stream Chrome from my phone/tablet...just the pc. Ill try it tonight as well and update you

Appreciate the response. Yeah the tablet and chromecast is on the same WiFi, tablet is connected to WiFi and chromcast, but I just dont have the option to cast.

Appreciate the response. Yeah the tablet and chromecast is on the same WiFi, tablet is connected to WiFi and chromcast, but I just dont have the option to cast.

Do you use the regular Chrome app, or Chrome Beta?

Sounds like what it should have been from the beginning
The Nexus line originated as a developer's thing... So that open source developers could get their hands on the purest form of Android available in order to develop and test things on the "ideal" consumer range of android devices (this is why the Nexus line is typically lacking in hardware compared to the most advanced phones at time of launch.)

I'll reserve my judgments about Silver until more details come to light. But it sounds like Google is going after the consumer market... Not sure how I like that move if the Nexus line won't be around.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom