• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Is there a hack to get wifi-calling working on the N5? Or are the specs just not capable of it?

Service is horrible at home. I tried to call CS to get a free cell booster but I always get a damn Filipino in Manila who has no clue what I'm talking about. :smh: >:

:lol:

what speeds are you getting with spark?

This is what I got around my way on the highway.

That g3 does look nice. I've been liking what lg and htc have been putting out more than samsung who seems boring now.

Anyone flash the m8 Google play edition on their m8? If so what are your impressions

I'm not a fan of sense and am so used to nexus phones I miss it all

Anyone have a ipad? t mobile throwing the ipad air at me for $25 a month.... I have a note 3 and wondering if it's worth it..

Its gotten even worse now.. 78% with 16 minutes of OST

The only thing I can really think to do is flash a new Rom and kernel.

Thirty minutes later with only ten more minutes of OST and I've lost ten percent. Android OS has more keep awake time than screen on time at this point.

Picked the right day to forget my phone charger at home :smh:

Think I got it figured out. Downloaded Wakelock manager to see what was causing it and apparently that function at the top which is constantly awake controls the Photo backup to Google according to XDA. I just went and turned it. I had it set to wifi only so IDK why it would be doing that anyways, maybe something got stuck in the queue IDK. I planned on deleting all my pics and vids anyways being that they all get saved to that cloud.

Well that doesnt seem to be it either. They said it could also be a rogue app doing it, so I'm just gonna hard reset when I get home. The only apps I've really gotten recently are Xposed Modules and the new Yahoo mail app

Finally figured out what was causing it. Chess with Friends....... Thank you based Greenify.

Last edited:
Anyone have a ipad? t mobile throwing the ipad air at me for $25 a month.... I have a note 3 and wondering if it's worth it..
I have the air I think it's great.. we use it everyday, but I have the wifi only model bought in stores. Girl uses it to watch her shows when I'm watching basketball or something in the room or when putting our son to bed and sitting in the room with him. Hardly use my phone or computer in the house anymore, pretty much use that thing exclusively for browsing the web or watching videos/streams, it's just too damb convenient 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I have the air I think it's great.. we use it everyday, but I have the wifi only model bought in stores. Girl uses it to watch her shows when I'm watching basketball or something in the room or when putting our son to bed and sitting in the room with him. Hardly use my phone or computer in the house anymore, pretty much use that thing exclusively for browsing the web or watching videos/streams, it's just too damb convenient :lol:
yeah, im thinking of getting the wifi one... then use my note 3 as a mobile hot spot since i have unlimited data... my son is probably gonna be beating on it the most...

Even better if you can tether..it's great for road trips. We just went up North last weekend and it's good entertainment and it's a nice size, the mini is just a tad too small, and for the price you minus whale grab the air.

I'm actually the opposite. I have a Note and an iPad but I use my note much more. Granted I have an iPad 2 which is finally starting to show its age.

I will probably cop the next gen iPad because I used it a lot for reading. No matter what I will probably always have to have some sort of android device from now on tho. Right now I use an iPhone 4s/ Note 3/ iPad (occasionally). I have too much tech but its a good set up

I've been streaming games onto my tablet and I've used 30gb this month. I pay $30 a month so it balances out perfectly.

[h1]More Samsung Galaxy S5 Active official photos leak[/h1]
29 May, 2014 | Comments (32)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroid

A few more leaked photos of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active  surfaced today, again thanks to @evleaks. The press images are of the AT&T version of the phone and show not only the front, but also the back of the device and a view under the back cover exposing its details for everyone to see.
gsmarena_001.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active keeps the design language of its predecessor and features bolt-like elements on the four corners as well as a thicker plastic on the sides that ought to protect it from unexpected gravity lessons. And just as the Galaxy S4 Active, the back is removable we get to see the user-replaceable battery as well as the microSD and microSIM card slots.

The battery is identical to the one inside the Galaxy S5 - 2,800mAh. However, the Galaxy S5 Active will sport a slightly larger display than the Galaxy S5's. A recent video of the device  confirmed a 5.2" 1080p Super AMOLED screen in addition to the usual physical hardware navigation keys below it.

The front and back of the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active

You can also catch another video  where the phone's user interface gets tested. The Samsung Galaxy S5 Active seems ready to make its debut in the near future. Its rumored specs include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC, 2GB of RAM, and a 16MP camera.

Source

[h1]HTC One Vogue Edition (M8 Ace) appears officially in China[/h1]
29 May, 2014 | Comments (4)  | Post your comment

Tags: HTCAndroid

The long-rumored  HTC M8 Ace  finally made an official appearance. The plastic-clad smartphone showed up on the manufacturer’s official website in China as HTC One Vogue Edition. The handset is set to launch next week, on June 3.

gsmarena_001.jpg

At a quick glance, save for the plastic construction, the newcomer looks a lot HTC’s last year’s flagship, the One (M7). The official images reveal that the device will be available in four colors – white, black, blue, and red.

gsmarena_002.jpg

The revealed specs of the HTC M8 Ace are in line with past leaks. They include a Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 SoC with 2.5GHz quad-core CPU, BoomSound stereo speakers, 13MP main camera, and a 5MP front-facing unit.

gsmarena_003.jpg

The display size of the HTC M8 Ace is not yet revealed, though past reports  suggest that it is a 5” 1080p unit like the one found in the HTC One (M8). The official images also reveal that the M8 Ace is all but certain to ship sans an IR blaster.

gsmarena_004.jpg

Official pricing of the HTC One Vogue Edition is yet to be known. We expect to get the full scoop on the device when it goes official next week.

Source (in Chinese)  | Via

[h1]Samsung’s 7-inch phone spotted at FCC[/h1]
29 May, 2014 | Comments (41)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroidRumors

Ok so calling Samsung’s upcoming 7-inch ‘Galaxy Mega 2’ (the supposed name for the device) a phone isn’t really appropriate: it’s more a tablet with a GSM antenna. There have been some murmurings about the device on the internets, but nothing really concrete with regards to a US release; until now.

The SM-T2558, which is the proper name for the device, made its way through the FCC, which indicates that the ginormous phone/tablet monstrosity may be making its way stateside.
gsmarena_001.jpg

Now before you go and think that this is just a tablet with a sim card slot (like many tablets out there), it should be noted that the Galaxy Mega 2 is a very thin device, like the original Galaxy Mega (which rocked a 6.3” screen), with an enormous touchscreen. Its thinness and naming convention leads us to believe that this 7” device is intended to be a phone; a massive one.

There has also been some talk of this device debuting alongside another 6” Samsung Galaxy phone, probably a phablet with similar specs and a smaller screen (although use of the world ‘small’ with these dimensions is inappropriate).

Samsung is planning a media event that will take place on June 12th, where they’ll present the Galaxy Tab S line of tablets. This handset might very well make an appearance at the event.

Of course none of this is set in stone and these are all rumors, but the FCC spotting is a good indication that this goliath of a phone should be coming to the US.
Source  | Via

I seriously wanna know how you can carry around a 7-inch phone? :lol:

Unless people are wearing hammer pants I dunno how that's gonna fit in someone's pocket

Back
Top Bottom