• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

My only issue with the Nexus devices is the battery life, but I just underclock my phone slightly with Franco Kernel and get 4 hours of OST. But my next phone may not be a Nexus if I can get something with substantially better OST. Its not like Vanilla roms dont exist.
Same. I'm still getting about 4hrs OST (still getting these random *** wakelocks every now and then. Smh) but it'd be nice to go a couple days without charging for once. Really interested to see what this premier Nexus is. May cop if it's on point. But if they finally release a Nexus 10 this year then I'll put that new phone on hold. 

/NexusFanboy 
embarassed.gif

Last edited:
i can't use GE launcher on top of sense 6, the camera app will close out each time I take a picture. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Using the HTC M7. I also have the purple tint issue on my phone. might go ahead and cop that LG G3.

What's the price looking like for the G3?
With a 2yr plan $199.99

I got one unlocked for $660 but have seen it on amazon as high as $705 depends on the color really.  I should be getting mine next week.  I got it through AT&T yesterday the first time but refused it (didn't even open the package) because it was going to raise my phone bill by like $50.  My contract was up years ago so I might end up changing carriers once I get this phone.

Last edited:
If I cop a att vesion of the M8, will it work fine with my t-mo sim and service? WIll I get all features..
Why not just get the unlocked version it's probably around $600, are you getting it cheaper if you get the AT&T version?  I think it should go  to T Moblie since you can bring your phone from another carrier and they give you a sim card for $10.

Try this link see if it helps:

http://www.t-mobile.com/bring-your-own-phone.html

If you are still not sure just call them or go to one of their stores when you have time.

Last edited:
The preloaded stuff is your typical carrier based crap. The OS is better than anything not vanilla Android. The skinning is light. It's definitely not nearly as bad as Samsung or HTC. The hardware is nice. It feels more premium than the G2. It's not M8 quality, but it's definitely a better phone. The camera seems better than the G2 as well. It's not better than the S5, but it's definitely better than the M8. My only gripe is the super high resolution screen lends itself to some text sharpening. It's kinda weird. The knock code is really nice too. I love it. I rooted the phone and downloaded G3 Tweaks from the play store and that added some nice functionality. Now the lock screen, minus the date and stuff is totally bare. The knock code brackets are even gone. I hope whatever AOSP ROMs come out for this keep that feature. The lack of bezels is amazing. It feels like you are jus holding a screen. I have an Oppo Find 7, which is the same size screen. The difference is astounding. It's not an unwieldy 5.5". It's remarkable.

Coming from an S4, I'm just really tired of TouchWiz and thick skinning on top of Android. I love vanilla, but I never get great reception with stock KK (I've flashed my S4 a number of times trying different roms, but TW stuff gave me the best reception).

I'll definitely root the thing, I'm just not sure I wanna go crazy with roms. I'd like to find one that works well and has good dev support. The S4 dev support didn't seem all that great, for whatever reason. Any other things that bothered you or aren't quite what you were expecting?

Google is sending me a replacement nexus. Not sure if I should cancel and just cop the G3 to see how I like it. Dunno if I should do it for AT&T next or cop for $99(best buy).

I love vanilla android but my batterly life sucks with my Nexus 5. Plus I wouldn't mind a bigger screen.

You may also be able to qualify for a $50 gift card if you purchase by tomorrow:

https://www-ssl.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcat17413&type=page&promoCode=RESERVE4

I'm on the fence big time right now. This or the Note 4? I'll probably just get the G3, too good of a price to pass up. I can always let my son have it and use his upgrade on the Note 4.

Damnit. I'm torn between getting an M8 or the G3...

Or should I wait for something else...?

surprised there hadn't been many note 4 leaks yet. especially 11 days into july and it should be out sometime in september

[COLOR=#red]It's crazy that even with all the hate Samsung receives they are still killing the smartphone market...and honestly I don't think that's going to change anytime soon...they bought a lot of time with the SGS4 and SGS5 without changing much and they still were market leaders...Big risk but it paid off. The S6 will have to be insane. [/COLOR]

Damnit. I'm torn between getting an M8 or the G3...

Or should I wait for something else...?
M8 bro all the way, the camera on it is insane. When you press the button it snaps the pic and save it right away. The phone is super fast.. Its a beast

100 gift card on edge is a tempting deal. LGs timing is perfect, a lotta people gonna break because they can't wait till fall.

[COLOR=#red]It's crazy that even with all the hate Samsung receives they are still killing the smartphone market...and honestly I don't think that's going to change anytime soon...they bought a lot of time with the SGS4 and SGS5 without changing much and they still were market leaders...Big risk but it paid off. The S6 will have to be insane. [/COLOR]
I could be wrong, but I feel like popular trends lag behind what tech-savvy people buy into.

3-4 years ago, before samsung's market shares rose, more tech savvy people were buying the galaxy. over the next 1-2 years, everyone else started buying samsung, but tech people have moved towards nexus/lg, htc, etc. (of course, a big part of this is that samsung is directly responsible for pushing the development community away over the past couple years).

i'm too lazy to look for any evidence to back this up. regardless, i hope to see samsung's demise soon.

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but I feel like popular trends lag behind what tech-savvy people buy into.

3-4 years ago, before samsung's market shares rose, more tech savvy people were buying the galaxy. over the next 1-2 years, everyone else started buying samsung, but tech people have moved towards nexus/lg, htc, etc. (of course, a big part of this is that samsung is directly responsible for pushing the development community away over the past couple years).

i'm too lazy to look for any evidence to back this up. regardless, i hope to see samsung's demise soon.

[COLOR=#red]Dude I can say this as a "tech savvy" person myself...the tech savvy market is minuscule in comparison to the masses. We like to think of ourselves as superior but we don't make them (the cellphone companies) enough money for them to truly cater to our requirements. The Nexus line and "Vanilla Android" are still niche products. Trust and believe Sammy and Apple will ride the wave of the masses for quite some time bro...sorry to break the bad news. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=#red]Dude I can say this as a "tech savvy" person myself...the tech savvy market is minuscule in comparison to the masses. We like to think of ourselves as superior but we don't make them (the cellphone companies) enough money for them to truly cater to our requirements. The Nexus line and "Vanilla Android" are still niche products. Trust and believe Sammy and Apple will ride the wave of the masses for quite some time bro...sorry to break the bad news. [/COLOR]
I misread your original post... yeah, Samsung and Apple haven't changed much and are still doing well. I can't see them going the way of Blackberry anytime soon, despite what I may hope for. But I do think phones like the Nexus and OnePlus will get a bigger chunk of the market especially if no-contract plans become more popular.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom