• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was at the mall today and just randomly picked up a chromcast. 

Pretty sick. Especially with popcorn time. 
smokin.gif

Definitely going to flash this on my Note 2 when I get home. If you guys don't know, Max(Zedomax) is an android guru. He's got websites dedicated to just about all of the newer android devices, which feature help with root, and custom ROMS. He also does insane drop tests, and has hundreds of videos. Youtube tried to take his channel from him about a year ago because he bad mouthed Apple. After petitions were signed, he regained access to his videos. Here is his main site, "And as always, stay HIIIIGGGHHH on Android!"

http://highonandroid.com/

He's also done it for tablets too.

Last edited:
laugh.gif
I'm slightly salty ..knowing it could be better
mean.gif

I'm sure they'll update it again and address whatever the problem is that people are having.
Yea that's my only thing. I want to be able to be one of those people saying I got 39 hours on my phone with 87-8 hours of OST or something crazy
laugh.gif

I have no doubt that the OPO team will have something soon coming out. The people are voicing on it too much not too.

For those OPO users:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/battery-drain-fix-update.87688/
So as we all know, CM11S last update has a major bug: huge battery drain when the cellphone is on standby. Some have said to disable gestures control and2-tap to sleep/wake could increase battery life, that the problem was due to proximity sensor being always on.

Whatever the bug is, the priority of the issue has been updated to "Blocker" on Cyanogen/Jira website. https://jira.cyanogenmod.org/browse/BACON-599

This means that the battery drain issue takes over any other thing that Cyanogen devs are doing. It is the highest priority class and a solution/patch/OTA update should arrive in the next few days.
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/306914/bug-tracker-priorities-and-policies

Cheers, and stay strong until we have a patch!

I bought this battery from tmart for $7 last year, used it once and since the case that came with it didn't fit I put it away. This was about a year ago and I take it out today and this is what happened to it. :x How does this even happen, the cells popped or something?

Never buying a cheap battery again.

[COLOR=#red]Regardless of traveling or whatever using over 10 GBs is just too much time on a darn cellphone. This summer alone I have been in Montana, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico for research/business, and Texas and Florida for leisure...but I couldn't imagine wasting time looking at Vids on a 5'' screen. To each his own I guess.[/COLOR]

Last edited:
Regardless of traveling or whatever using over 10 GBs is just too much time on a darn cellphone. This summer alone I have been in Montana, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico for research/business, and Texas and Florida for leisure...but I couldn't imagine wasting time looking at Vids on a 5'' screen. To each his own I guess.
Not bad. Are you in the medical field?

Regardless of traveling or whatever using over 10 GBs is just too much time on a darn cellphone. This summer alone I have been in Montana, Colorado, Utah, New Mexico for research/business, and Texas and Florida for leisure...but I couldn't imagine wasting time looking at Vids on a 5'' screen. To each his own I guess.
10gb for me goes in 5/9 days and I'm on the phone at most 4 hours a day. I just don't see how is that much time - then again I wake up at 6am and I go to sleep around 12am.

I just got home 3 days ago - I went to GA, NC, DC and NYC all in 7 days. I sent and received about 75-100 files of 3-10mb .. stream/dl various movies while on the road and I'm leaving to PR this week for about 2 weeks. I don't know about you - but I like to keep entertain and I'm not pulling out my 11" laptop evertime I want a vid. Unlike you - there's a big market for 5" phones 7 " tablets that are damn near taking over laptops. While you might call it waste of time looking at vids on a 5" - others call it convenient. BTW, I hardly watch videos but movies - podcast - webminars - etc - yes!

I use 15 gb a month streaming just Pandora and dat piff. I don't even have the screen on :lol: Bluetooth in the car = hella data use.

My N5 battery has pretty much given up on me. I am not even a heavy user and this battery still finds ways to only last 3-5 hrs

I use 15 gb a month streaming just Pandora and dat piff. I don't even have the screen on
laugh.gif
Bluetooth in the car = hella data use.
Now way . You  would have to stream 10 hours of music a day for the month to even get close to 15gb

Now way . You  would have to stream 10 hours of music a day for the month to even get close to 15gb

Gotta agree, I'm a self proclaimed power user and between home wifi and unlimited t mobile data I haven't surpassed 7 gigs. Still, if u didn't have wifi and used phone for everything then yes I could see it. Main reason I went from att to t mobile was I was being throttled after 5 gigs and I signed up for unlimited. F that. Btw I'm loving t mobile. Only complaint so far was roaming data while in the mountains

My N5 battery has pretty much given up on me. I am not even a heavy user and this battery still finds ways to only last 3-5 hrs
3-5hrs OST or 3-5 total time?

My OST is down to about 3.5 now but I usually get 13-15hrs consistently on a charge. Today actually lasted me 16hrs. Might be a season high 
laugh.gif

[h1]Moto X+1 front panel photographed out and about[/h1]
16 August, 2014 | Post your comment

Tags: MotorolaAndroidRumors

The Moto X+1  is starting to leak a lot, now that we're getting ever closer to its September 4 unveiling  date.

Most recently, the next Motorola flagship smartphone had most of its specs confirmed by a benchmark. And now its purported front panel got leaked, smiling for a few comparison shots with the original Moto Xfrom last year.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Both in the image above, and in the one below, you can see the leaked Moto X+1 front panel on the left, with the original Moto X smartphone hanging around to its right.

Right off the bat the 5.2-inch screen size that has been rumored many times so far seems pretty much confirmed, given the perceived size difference between the two units. And once again Motorola looks like it has been able to create a very pocketable device, if we go by the bezels of this panel alone.

gsmarena_002.jpg

A very interesting detail is the big cutout that the panel features below the screen. This is similar in size and shape to the one above the display, which will clearly house the speaker. So it seems like the X+1 will come with stereo front-facing speakers, akin to the HTC One (M8)  for example.

Source  | Via

[h1]Meizu MX4 gets a leaked price, more details surface[/h1]
16 August, 2014 | Comments (5)  | Post your comment

Tags: MeizuAndroidRumors

The next flagship offering from Meizu could be closer to its official announcement than previously thought. According to the company's official Facebook page, August 18 is going to be a "splendid day" because of what Meizu will share then.

This could either be the announcement of Flyme OS 4.0, its interpretation of Android, or the MX4  itself - or both. Either way, we'll find out in just two days.

gsmarena_001.jpg

Moving on, the base model MX4 has had its price leaked in China because someone purportedly got their hands on some leaflets about the device. It's due to cost CNY 2,499 with 16GB of storage, which is approximately $406 or €303.

This, however, is the variation that apparently won't come with that 5.4-inch QHD screen, keep that in mind. The Pro model is surely going to be more expensive.

gsmarena_002.jpg

The phone will come with a 20.7 MP rear camera, that could in fact be the exact same unit used by Sony in its Xperia Z2.

As you can see from the image above, we should expect the MX4 to come in both black and white. It will have 4G LTE support (though probably only for Chinese networks), 3GB of RAM, and a powerful chipset from either MediaTek, Samsung, or Qualcomm. There may be SoC differences between the different MX4 variations that we'll see.

Source 1 (in Chinese)  • Source 2 (in Chinese)  | Via 1  • Via 2

Back
Top Bottom