• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
contemplating on getting another OPO. Just dropped my raw dog and I thought the glass screen protector cracked but it was the screen too >:

Phone is too good. but ive had bad luck with it getting drenched in water but coming back to life hahah. still useable with the cracked screen though just sucks

hey anyone with a new nexus - could you post a photo of it like next to something else? like a fruit or something  just to compare

All I had was a fortune cookie, sorry.
BM45fZ7.jpg

Ok guys, been out the loop.

I have to reflash a stock image and re-root my N5 so I can get lollipop? If the answer is a yes, is the best way to do it thru CF-Auto-Root - Chainfire?

Thanks!

hey anyone with a new nexus - could you post a photo of it like next to something else? like a fruit or something  just to compare
Phone is really big if that's what you're trying to find out. Bigger than a Note. Saw it in person a few days ago. I'm sure most stores have it by now...

Wow that new YouTube and Play Music update is too dope. Google killing i . Background YouTube and YouTube integrated into google Play

Trust almost no stores are carrying the n6 i live in la and legit called 30 tmo stores and maybe 4 carried a few and all sold out :lol:

And this thing is gigantic i have big hands too (can easily text and do stuff with 1 hand on phones like the s5) but this phone na i can kinda 1 hand text with it

I pulled it out around my friends and all of em thought it was a tablet :rofl:

Last edited:
n6: it's big. and a bit heavy. one handed use is rough but it'll get easier with time. I hope.

edit: removed all traces of at&t. scratch off. no boot animation or ring tones.

really my only complaint is the weight. I will soon find out about the battery.

Last edited:
So this is a nice change of events for people upset about the carrier branding and AT&T boot animation on the AT&T Nexus 6. I was. It went against what I love about the Nexus line. It didn't feel like a true Nexus. Also, if you're worried about root, unlockable bootloader and installing a custom recovery, don't be. I received my AT&T version today and instantly went to work.

Before I ever installed the SIM I unlocked the bootloader, then rooted and installed TWRP.

About that AT&T logo on the back. Gone too. Sharp scissors or knife can easily scratch that off. Now the back is clean and you can't tell there was ever a logo there.

20141120_194849.jpg

(not my picture...courtesy of XDA)

The AT&T boot animation is gone now too. Open a file manager, OEM (mount r/w) > media. Rename the boot animation to whatever you want. Gone.

Also, because I did the root, unlock and custom recovery without a SIM card, none of the AT&T bloat downloaded to my Nexus. Google made the phones capable of downloading the usual unremovable bloat when you activated with the respective SIM card to appease carriers. This time the bloat was going to be removable because they would be part of the ROM partition (a nice gesture, no doubt). My method circumvented having to delete those apps.

Nice, huh?

If the $650 price scared you off from buying the Play Store edition, you can still have the genuine Nexus experience on contract.

lobotomy, are you deencrypting? not sure it's worth the performance increase. but maybe it'll improve battery life.

anyway I'm happy all the att stuff is easy to remove. btw keys or even fingernails are enough to scratch off the logo.

lobotomy, are you deencrypting? not sure it's worth the performance increase. but maybe it'll improve battery life.

anyway I'm happy all the att stuff is easy to remove. btw keys or even fingernails are enough to scratch off the logo.

I haven't done it yet. I probably will tomorrow. I'll let you know what I see.

Back
Top Bottom