• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't know if I should cop the moto x or wait for nexus. I need something soon tho. This opo freezes and restarts everyday, and for the past 2 days I haven't been able to connect to wifi

I'm kinda done drinking the nexus kool-aid for now. All my Android phones have been nexus devices. I'm ready to switch up, and moto x looks like the wave.

I want the next Nexus to have at least a 5.5" screen.
Don't know if I should cop the moto x or wait for nexus. I need something soon tho. This opo freezes and restarts everyday, and for the past 2 days I haven't been able to connect to wifi

I'm kinda done drinking the nexus kool-aid for now. All my Android phones have been nexus devices. I'm ready to switch up, and moto x looks like the wave.

I got the Nexus 5 and swore never to touch another non-Vanilla Android phone again, but after reading the specs and seeing the price point, $450 for a 32gb phone w/ expandable memory isn't bad. I want to compare it to the Zenfone 2 though because that's even cheaper

I haven't had a nexus since the nexus s. I might have to go with the moto tho cuz I don't know if I can wait til the nexus comes out. Plus I was more interested in the huawei nexus anyway and I think that one is coming out later than the lg one. Can't wait 3 months to connect to my wifi.

I understand why they did it for the first, but OP is shooting themselves in the foot by making the second one invite only. Turning off a lot of customers who have to go through all these hoops and ladders just to get the phone

Caved in and bought a black Moto 360 from Amazon for $99. "Very Good Condition". Thought it was good enough price to get it even though the second Moto 360 is coming up soon

Even if the Nexus refresh is awesome, you still probably won't go wrong with the new Moto X.

Assuming they improve the battery and camera as expected, it's a really similar experience to the Nexus but with the awesome Moto actions. The wave action, pulling out my phone and the time/notifications automatically coming up to the screen, Moto assist knowing when you're driving, etc. Plus I love the customization aspect of it too.

Owning a note 4 right now and thinking of either grabbing the new nexus or moto x. For some reason I don't trust Motorola devices. I want to give them a shot though

Other than their updates not being as quick with Lollipop, I've had no problems with Motorola.

The whole updates from Google is a bit overrated IMO. Nexus 5 was trash after the 5.0 update, been rocking KitKat since.

If i don't get a 6/6s or a 6+/6+s ill be upgrading my 2014 X to the 2015 as well. It's honestly been my best android experience.

[h1]Google Creates Alphabet, a New Company to Rule Them All[/h1]

Adam Clark Estes
Filed to: ALPHABET 8/10/15 5:06pm

1380831530543532390.png

So you thought Google was a sprawling Silicon Valley entity with a frightening amount of power…

Meet Alphabet. Larry Page just announced this new parent company for Google and all of its various offspring. Speaking for his fellow Google co-founder Sergey Brin, Page called the creation of Alphabet “a very exciting new chapter in the life of Google.” He means that it’s the next step to making the search giant into an even more giant corporation.

The new umbrella company will include Google spinoffs like its health effort, Life Sciences, and longevity research arm, Calico. The mad scientist paradise known as X lab will also become its own company, as will Nest and Fiber. Meanwhile, Ventures, Capital, Sidewalk, and the drone-delivery service Wing will also become separate companies under Alphabet’s umbrella. As for Google itself, the SEC filing states, “Under the new operating structure, its main Google business will include search, ads, maps, apps, YouTube and Android and the related technical infrastructure (the ‘Google business’).”

For now, Alphabet’s creation appears to be a restructuring that will affect Google’s growth going forward. Page explained that Google will be slimmed down as spinoffs become their own companies. He also announced that Sundar Pichai—the former head of Android, Chrome, and Apps—will become CEO of Google. Page and Brin will ascend to the top two positions at Alphabet as the parent company’s CEO and President, respectively. Google stock will become Alphabet stock, and everyone will be confused about this means for a little while.

Speaking of confused, what’s up with that name? Page explains:
We liked the name Alphabet because it means a collection of letters that represent language, one of humanity’s most important innovations, and is the core of how we index with Google search! We also like that it means alpha-bet (Alpha is investment return above benchmark), which we strive for!
Okay! So Alphabet implies control over all communication and the future of business growth. Got it. Good.

[AlphabetGoogle]

Gonna ditch Sprint and nab that $30 T-Mobile deal next month for my wife but gotta figure out what decent unlocked phones that will also connect to their 4G

Would you switch from vzw to att? why or why not.

It's a lateral move IMO. You'll be paying the same price essentially. Main benefit is access to phones like the OP2.

Otherwise, only switch I would make (and I'm about to make) is to T Mobile. Coverage has definitely gotten way better over the last couple years.

The way I see it, wifi is everywhere and as long as it has strong signal in your home and work areas, it's a no brainer to switch.

Especially with the 4 lines for $120 promotion they got going on right now

laugh.gif
Nice to assume things without knowing any background

But I'll tell you anyway... I work in an office with a lot of downtime, so that's the time I use to catch up on my shows
smile.gif
Took that in stride 
nthat.gif
haha

but that's still gobs of data. I consider myself a "power user" or whatever the heck we're called these days and use 7-12 gigs a month.  You said 5 wouldnt last a week, cant imagine using 20-30 gigs a month
laugh.gif

Took that in stride  :nthat: haha

but that's still gobs of data. I consider myself a "power user" or whatever the heck we're called these days and use 7-12 gigs a month.  You said 5 wouldnt last a week, cant imagine using 20-30 gigs a month :lol:

:lol: Yea I work 6.5 hours a day... I actually have work 2.5 hours of the day

So the other free time I just watch shows, movies, play games... Good job to have :pimp:

Gonna ditch Sprint and nab that $30 T-Mobile deal next month for my wife but gotta figure out what decent unlocked phones that will also connect to their 4G

What are you looking for in terms of phones? There are some decent ones out there price wise.

Back
Top Bottom