• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I originally went with Android because I felt anti-Apple.. I just didn't like their phones were worth all the hype.

I do love a lot of what makes Android unique, the options, customization, openness, etc., but there's a ton that Apple does well and they make great phones. At this point, though, I do feel like lobotomybeats said, I just know Android better. I'm sure it wouldn't take me long to get comfortable with Apple and the iPhone, but I like Android and I'm comfortable with it and  it has the features that I like. And it's not as if Android fans are perfect either.. the obsession over so many minor details and specifications on these products can be overwhelming sometimes.

I'm tempted to try out an iPhone because I've never used one and I'm curious, but I'm not in the market right now for a new phone.

Can anyone suggest an affordable android tablet to use at home. Torrent downloads and video streaming to a Fire TV mostly.

EDIT: I Just moved over from android, and this is a bit of a transition. I love how well made the 6S Plus is, but I really miss the openness and ability to do literally anything from my phone at the drop of a hat. Main reason I need an Android tablet for home entertainment. Got so used to downloading and streaming any movie to my TV in like 15 mins. Can't let that go.:lol:

Last edited:
Can anyone suggest an affordable android tablet to use at home. Torrent downloads and video streaming to a Fire TV mostly.

EDIT: I Just moved over from android, and this is a bit of a transition. I love how well made the 6S Plus is, but I really miss the openness and ability to do literally anything from my phone at the drop of a hat. Main reason I need an Android tablet for home entertainment. Got so used to downloading and streaming any movie to my TV in like 15 mins. Can't let that go.:lol:

Amazon Fire tablet? Only $50

6P looks to be flames...wait and see with the camera, but biggest battery of any smartphone, 5.7 wQHD (super amoled would've ben better but w.e), usb type c with fast charging, dual front speakers, gorilla glass 4..

not bad at all. what dat price like tho..? :nerd:

Nexus 6P Specs

Display 5.7-inch WQHD AMOLED (2560x1440, 518ppi)
OS Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Processor Snapdragon 810 processor (MSM8994)
Camera 12.3MP rear camera (1.55 μM, f/2.0)
8MP front camera
Battery 3450mAh
RAM 3GB
Storage 32/64/128GB
SIM Nano
Dimensions 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3mm, 178g
Other USB Type-C, Fast charging, Dual front speakers, All-metal body, Fingerprint sensor
Colors Aluminium, Graphite, Frost, and Gold

3450 mAh battery :nerd:

Nexus 6P Specs

Display 5.7-inch WQHD AMOLED (2560x1440, 518ppi)
OS Android 6.0 Marshmallow
Processor Snapdragon 810 processor (MSM8994)
Camera 12.3MP rear camera (1.55 μM, f/2.0)
8MP front camera
Battery 3450mAh
RAM 3GB
Storage 32/64/128GB
SIM Nano
Dimensions 159.4 x 77.8 x 7.3mm, 178g
Other USB Type-C, Fast charging, Dual front speakers, All-metal body, Fingerprint sensor
Colors Aluminium, Graphite, Frost, and Gold

3450 mAh battery
nerd.gif
This is probably going to bring me back to Android.. the 6 Plus i have is amazing.. could be the perfect phone, if iOS didnt have so many compromises.  To get the same features ive always had on Android(native backgrounding, split screen apps, folder and gui customization) etc. You have to jailbreak your device, which has led to some annoying instability.. random freezes and restarts, slow to open applications etc.  Its unfortunate, and ruins an otherwise, stellar experience.

Last edited:
Huawei just shut the game down. We might finally have a nexus phone with great battery life, screen, and camera.

Ugh that back is still ugly though :smh:
But I am definitely considering it, will wait on pricing info but the specs are nice. Will be interesting to see how the camera ends up as well

Ugh that back is still ugly though
mean.gif

But I am definitely considering it, will wait on pricing info but the specs are nice. Will be interesting to see how the camera ends up as well
Different strokes.  The renders put the aesthetics in iPhone category, back is unique and a fantastic addition imo.  Hope the actual phone closely resembles the leaks.

It'll all depend on the price and how it runs. The rumored specs are good, a lot of people love the style and design, so long as it isn't lagging/stuttering or have atrocious battery life.. I think it'll show Blackberry can have a place in the Android world. 

A lot of people still talk about wanting a physical keyboard, plus some would be interested in BB's security emphasis.

I was someone who resisted going to a non-physical keyboard for awhile, but now I'm comfortable and used to it.. but I'm still intrigued at the idea of an Android Blackberry. Great physical keyboard, modern Android, we'll see. I loved my Blackberry 9700 back in the day.

True. Hopefully the specs are good and how well the design feels. I'm all for physical keyboards. I loved my droid 2 and 4. Best phones every but crappy camera. The passport looks beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom