• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yo who else would download a song and bump that ish all the time but then find out it's some different version than what's normally played?

For the longest time I had some weird version of "Jesus Walks" but I got used to it so the album and radio versions sounded weird to me. Now that I think about it, it probably wasn't even Kanye on the track :lol:

What yall know about mirc and usenet groups :nerd:. I was juugin back then :pimp:. We had cd burners before anybody was up on it :lol:. They were slow af and blank discs were expensive as hell :smh:. I miss being 5 years more technically advanced than everyone else |I

Shoutout to Roxio :lol:

What yall know about mirc and usenet groups :nerd:. I was juugin back then :pimp:. We had cd burners before anybody was up on it :lol:. They were slow af and blank discs were expensive as hell :smh:. I miss being 5 years more technically advanced than everyone else |I
It would take an hour to burn a disc and you'd set up a perimeter to ensure that would get too close and accidentally bump it while burning. Plus you'd ctrl-alt-del and shut down any programs to minimize the chances of a bad burn.

And sometimes you would get some artifacts on the CD but it was too expensive and laborious to burn a second one so you would just put up with it. You would listen so often that you would know the timing of every random crackle or skip.

edit: And of course you would have a huge CD binder full of every version of Windows, Office, Adobe products, etc. known to man. Not because you used any of them but just because.

Last edited:
It would take an hour to burn a disc and you'd set up a perimeter to ensure that would get too close and accidentally bump it while burning. Plus you'd ctrl-alt-del and shut down any programs to minimize the chances of a bad burn.

:rofl:

Anybody use to go on Jamglue? That was the BEST site I've ever been on for downloadin' songs.

If you didn't know, Jamglue was Soundcloud's more versatile older brother

I remember couple times after downloading a song from Limewire it would play normally the first few seconds then outta nowhere it would be this loud *** static noise for the rest of the song. Man, that would scare the **** outta me because I would have the speakers turned way up lol

Last edited:
Yall bringin it byke (vol.56k warning)

I had 14.4k. Took damn near 30mins to download a pron .jpeg :smh:

That cd burning tragedy is all true. I only rocked with verbatim discs, they lasted longer.

Searching for music on windows media player, using soundforge to get the music.

Way before i heard of limewire. :pimp:

Never used limewire to download a single song with so many Ls being tossed around. Used frost wire all the way up until a couple of years ago when I decided to pay for all my music.

0 viruses from frost wire to this day

I know I'm late but what's good with Google fi :nerd:. Just signed up hoping to get that invite soon and start living that nexus 6p life

I'm on project fi right now. Only been on for the past 4-5 days but I am liking it so far. Only issue that I was having was that my emails through gmail were not coming in unless I opened the app but that issue was resolved. Service has been great, no drop calls, haven't tested data speeds but coming from Verizon I don't see a difference at all. I switched because I wasn't going to keep paying $100+ to Verizon every month any more. Right now my bill with fi is $55 after taxes for 3GB and I think that is the sweet spot for me. I am on wifi at home, work and the gym. The only time I really use data is when I leave for my lunch break and if I'm out doing some shopping. I really haven't changed any of my internet usage but I am more aware of when I am using it for sure :lol:. I like that fact that if I do go over that I will only get charged for what I use without having to be throttled down to 3G speeds. Project fi is great if you are on wifi most of the day and if your area has good coverage from Sprint and T-Mobile. I am usually on T-Mobile and you can force the Nexus to change networks through dialer codes or you can download or buy on of the apps that is specific to project fi customers. I'll write up a review at the end of the month and let you guys know if I still feel the same way :lol:

I'm not putting weight on any HTC "leaks" until the actual announcement is made.

Last year the net was in a frenzy over all those different M9 leaks and rumors, even from evleaks and those respected leakers, only to get hit with the M8.5 on release date 
laugh.gif

I'm not putting weight on any HTC "leaks" until the actual announcement is made.

Last year the net was in a frenzy over all those different M9 leaks and rumors, even from evleaks and those respected leakers, only to get hit with the M8.5 on release date :lol:  

True. Had my wallet out and everything :lol:

I think I will pass on the new htc phone for the first time since buying androids. I love sense and it was one of the main reasons why I always bought htc and nothing else but their camera just sucks. I love my m9 but the camera is the worst feature. And I like to take pictures and put it on social media but it's embarrasing to use the m9 camera. Might cop the new galaxy that comes out though

My 6P been acting up like crazy.

• Bluetooth issues (random disconnects with my car and headphones).
  • Phone freezes and lags out waaaay too often.
  • Apps crashing a lot

Making me consider trying out the iPhone (can't handle Samsung anymore), which is just a travesty in and of itself.

Halp

Back
Top Bottom