• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm with u. When possible I do this. Only do otherwise if I need a top up and know it will die before I get home again. Means car charging is not really used unless really needed. But if there proof or we just doing what we feel works? My g3 is gave no ***** about and wireless charged it no matter the % and noticed no loss in duration of SOT. But now I have the g5 I wanna try do what I can for it longterm. With the odd exclusion

Last edited:
Peoples thoughts on charging. Is it really worth charging from as close to 0% as possible all the time? Or top up charges from e.g 50% etc fine for the battery longterm?

Doesn't really matter. Your charging habits aren't going to have a huge affect on it.

Unless you plan on determining the life span of your battery, just charge it when you need to.

That being said, I charge when I go to sleep.

If I need to charge during the day, I will.

Last edited:
Peoples thoughts on charging. Is it really worth charging from as close to 0% as possible all the time? Or top up charges from e.g 50% etc fine for the battery longterm?

I have no scientific evidence behind this, but I'm a firm believer in waiting until my phone is as close to zero (~10%) as possible before charging it. I could be being extra paranoid, but it's worked for me so far.

From what I've read the way the batteries are designed for long term you shouldn't let it get low before you charge.

I think back in the day that was preferred, but nowadays it doesn't really matter. I just charge during the day if need be, and overnight when I go to sleep no matter what.

Last edited:
Too few companies get the announce/launch/pre-order/release schedule right. Apple does their ip7 event a day after lg's v20 event. Preorder today, worldwide availability next Friday. Meanwhile we dont eem have a price, pre-order day or release day for the v20. They couldve saved the event til they had all their ducks in a row.

Last edited:

I have no scientific evidence behind this, but I'm a firm believer in waiting until my phone is as close to zero (~10%) as possible before charging it. I could be being extra paranoid, but it's worked for me so far.

From what I've read the way the batteries are designed for long term you shouldn't let it get low before you charge.

Yep. Fully discharging or close to it will do more harm than good.

Yep. Fully discharging or close to it will do more harm than good.

Everything I've read states this as well.

My question is,when you first get a phone should you let it go all the way to empty on the first cycle?

Read conflicting things on this..

Screenshot_20160909-130739.png

I was wondering what they'd do about that situation [charging while listening to music]. At this point your just better off getting Bluetooth. If you've got an iPhone you're affluent and wealthy so you can afford a few good pair.

Edit, wait, why wouldn't the block have a port for the headphones? Looks like it has two ports for lightning tips.

Last edited:
I saw a pic where instead of it being a dongle, it was just an adapter module (think the chat adapter for the Xbox one controller).

I was wondering what they'd do about that situation [charging while listening to music]. At this point your just better off getting Bluetooth. If you've got an iPhone you're affluent and wealthy so you can afford a few good pair.

Edit, wait, why wouldn't the block have a port for the headphones? Looks like it has two ports for lightning tips.
So they can sell you the block AND the lightning-aux converter cable :lol:.

Last edited:
You know it's a crazy concept, but maybe Apple should try and develop a wireless charging pad. I'm sure Sammy will give them the blueprints.

Pretty much, people need to know it exist and actually give a **** about it in order to laugh about it.

Whats the lastest version out (besides what youre waiting for)

I swear I feel like my Note 4 is 2 or 3 behind on updates. I still got the same old emjois from back when i bought this, everyone else has the newer that are compatible with iphone (just 1 thing i noticed).

I got an update Friday and Im currently on 5.1.1

guess you're getting marshmallow sooner than I thought (still a version behind tho)

http://www.sammobile.com/2016/09/09...te-4-and-the-galaxy-note-edge-to-marshmallow/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom