• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Question - I am using Handcent SMS on an EVO but I can not figure out how to turn off the standard loaded messenger as now when I get a text I really get 2.

I have cleared the default and tried to set it as default but no dice. Help.

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Guys I need help with my Evo...

I did that update that they put out earlier this morning...

I went to go check out the Swype keyboard, but I don't like it over the stock one but it won't let me change back to the stock.

Can someone help me out on how to get back the regular stock keyboard please?

when your in a message. press and hold down the screen where you type. a window should pop up asking you if you want to change the input method. click on touch input and it should go back to the regular type face.

BTW has anyone else evo stopped picking up their touch inputs. for time to time my evo will not pick up any letters that I type. any suggestions on how to fix it?

Originally Posted by Putting In Work

Guys I need help with my Evo...

I did that update that they put out earlier this morning...

I went to go check out the Swype keyboard, but I don't like it over the stock one but it won't let me change back to the stock.

Can someone help me out on how to get back the regular stock keyboard please?

when your in a message. press and hold down the screen where you type. a window should pop up asking you if you want to change the input method. click on touch input and it should go back to the regular type face.

BTW has anyone else evo stopped picking up their touch inputs. for time to time my evo will not pick up any letters that I type. any suggestions on how to fix it?

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by ninjahood

to be fair there's only so many ways you can re-do a big 4.3 screen...
I agree.  The preferred form factors don't really lend themselves to a lot of different design schemes. 
^ cue mourningheadnod .gif
And really I'm not bemoaning that fact.  I'm ok with it. There are reasons why things are shaped the way they are.  Things evolve to what works best and what is easiest.  A lot of times any huge digression is made just to be different than it is an evolution.  The Palm Pre isn't nearly as intuitive as it is different than the normal lot of smart phones.
HTC is about being innovative and new, etc and overall they have been rather disappointing this year. The form factor of the phones they have been putting out has been rather lacklustre. HTC usually takes the approach, ok well it works but why not make it work better...

But how do you make a phone.....thats ALL screen...better?  I mean, i wish the speaker was red like the incredible.......but other than that.....you cant do anything better to the phone.
i would put the kickstand in the middle of the back of the phone......but thats impossible because of the battery. (and who cares what the outside looks like, if you are smart you will have a rubber case around it anyway)

But thats just me.......im more into capability than looks

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by ninjahood

to be fair there's only so many ways you can re-do a big 4.3 screen...
I agree.  The preferred form factors don't really lend themselves to a lot of different design schemes. 
^ cue mourningheadnod .gif
And really I'm not bemoaning that fact.  I'm ok with it. There are reasons why things are shaped the way they are.  Things evolve to what works best and what is easiest.  A lot of times any huge digression is made just to be different than it is an evolution.  The Palm Pre isn't nearly as intuitive as it is different than the normal lot of smart phones.
HTC is about being innovative and new, etc and overall they have been rather disappointing this year. The form factor of the phones they have been putting out has been rather lacklustre. HTC usually takes the approach, ok well it works but why not make it work better...

But how do you make a phone.....thats ALL screen...better?  I mean, i wish the speaker was red like the incredible.......but other than that.....you cant do anything better to the phone.
i would put the kickstand in the middle of the back of the phone......but thats impossible because of the battery. (and who cares what the outside looks like, if you are smart you will have a rubber case around it anyway)

But thats just me.......im more into capability than looks

im running that new iced on mt4g i switched back after running with cyangenmod for about a week...cyangenmod wasnt vibrating for me...i hope cm 7 gets everything working quick

im gonna try gingerbread on the hd2 later

im running that new iced on mt4g i switched back after running with cyangenmod for about a week...cyangenmod wasnt vibrating for me...i hope cm 7 gets everything working quick

im gonna try gingerbread on the hd2 later

Originally Posted by NCTwin

Finally got my free g2 from tmobile. I've entry had it for about an hour, and I'm loving it! I downloaded launcher pro, but now what do I do?

Also, what do you all recommend to download that will allow me to sync my itunes tracks to the phone, or can I do it with the standard apps??

Doubletwist.

Finally got my free g2 from tmobile. I've entry had it for about an hour, and I'm loving it! I downloaded launcher pro, but now what do I do?

Also, what do you all recommend to download that will allow me to sync my itunes tracks to the phone, or can I do it with the standard apps??

Doubletwist.

any good music player apps for the G2?? the stock player is killin me, no good widgets 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Doubletwist.

I have to have Mac OS 10.5 or better, and I have 10.4.11...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by shabooyah1124

Doubletwist.

I have to have Mac OS 10.5 or better, and I have 10.4.11...
frown.gif

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Niiice screens Tetsujin
pimp.gif

NCTwin, d/l the same apps you had for iPhone, Android Market usually the same.

Also peep this thread, http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=761517 and get acquainted with XDA forums
pimp.gif

I got just about everything except for words with friends. I gotta figure out how to do the themes like you do, or at least how to download a full set. I also want to figure out this music situation...

Does anyone use Handcent? How is it??

Originally Posted by IHeartBoost

Niiice screens Tetsujin
pimp.gif

NCTwin, d/l the same apps you had for iPhone, Android Market usually the same.

Also peep this thread, http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=761517 and get acquainted with XDA forums
pimp.gif

I got just about everything except for words with friends. I gotta figure out how to do the themes like you do, or at least how to download a full set. I also want to figure out this music situation...

Does anyone use Handcent? How is it??

Back
Top Bottom