Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That Mi Mix looks awesome :wow:.

I may have to cop when it releases. From what I understand that company doesn't sell phones in the US? How's the support (regarding updates, bug fixes, etc)? Are they cool to use on US carriers (T-Mobile in particular)?

Not sure if they'll have the right bands.

Getting myself a phone for christmas

7+ or Pixel XL straight cash homie

Looks like a great situation to be in.

Last edited:
But will they support the phone with updates? Will I be able to have my phone fixed in a timely manner if I send it to them?

Security updates (monthly patches)? Yes.
Major version updates, like from marshmallow to nougat? Wouldn't count on it for da Mi series (Mi 5, Mi Max, Mi Mix, etc) and definitely forget about it for da redmi (budget) line.
Not sure about how they deal with hardware repairs. If you're not in China, India, or one of da other places they sell directly then forget about having a warranty all together.

I may have to cop when it releases. From what I understand that company doesn't sell phones in the US? How's the support (regarding updates, bug fixes, etc)? Are they cool to use on US carriers (T-Mobile in particular)?

No, they dont sell in da US yet. Even LeEco beat them :smh:

Seel above about updates.

Depends on da model (Da Mi Note 2 is da only phone they have that will fully support T-Mobile. Most of the others will not get LTE at all, and you'll only get 3G in refarmed areas, which will only proved scattered coverage. Some exceptions like da Redmi Note 3 have a variant that has support for band 4, which is da default band T-Mobile. However given all da different models of da Note 3, I'd say stick to da Note 2 if you're interested.

Last edited:
If you have V20, whenever you record a video, do yourself a favor and film it in 60 fps, smooth as butter. It's in the manual video mode.

But will they support the phone with updates? Will I be able to have my phone fixed in a timely manner if I send it to them?

Security updates (monthly patches)? Yes.
Major version updates, like from marshmallow to nougat? Wouldn't count on it for da Mi series (Mi 5, Mi Max, Mi Mix, etc) and definitely forget about it for da redmi (budget) line.
Not sure about how they deal with hardware repairs. If you're not in China, India, or one of da other places they sell directly then forget about having a warranty all together

Exactly why I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a phone from a Chinese company that is just getting into the US market. OnePlus might be my only exception

Exactly why I wouldn't recommend anyone buy a phone from a Chinese company that is just getting into the US market. OnePlus might be my only exception

Outside of da warranty its da same bs you have to deal with when purchasing phones from companies that already sell here. Plus xiaomi's lower end devices (Redmi 3, Note 3 and Mi max) are cheap enough that it's worth da risk if it'll work on your network.

Read from where? Xiaomi has da same QC as anyone else (bet you trusted Sammy and look what happened) and da only issues MIUI has are that its :x looking like TouchWiz and whatever LG calls their :x looking skin and is too aggressive with memory management (killing off background apps quickly after you switch to another app) although that can be changed in da settings.
Mostly XDA and articles dating back from 2014 until recently. You can google it yourself buddy. They are a risky investment in my eyes.

Mostly XDA and articles dating back from 2014 until recently. You can google it yourself buddy. They are a risky investment in my eyes.

Same xda that has no problem hosting forums for xiaomi devices, da most recent being for da note 2 and mix? Stay scared b.

No, they dont sell in da US yet. Even LeEco beat them :smh:

Seel above about updates.

Depends on da model (Da Mi Note 2 is da only phone they have that will fully support T-Mobile. Most of the others will not get LTE at all, and you'll only get 3G in refarmed areas, which will only proved scattered coverage. Some exceptions like da Redmi Note 3 have a variant that has support for band 4, which is da default band T-Mobile. However given all da different models of da Note 3, I'd say stick to da Note 2 if you're interested.
Word did some research last night and found exactly what you said. No 4G/LTE so I'd have to constantly be connected to WiFi. Which isn't necessarily a problem since I'm probably on WiFi 70% of the time. But those other 30% aren't really worth the hassle if I'm paying $700 for a phone.

I don't necessarily need a new phone. My Priv is treating me nicely. But I want a new phone :lol:.

As much as I like LG I can't back a company that sells a G5 modular phone and leaves the idea after that one phone. Why at least make the V20 use some of those mods? Keep a customer long term cause they are mod invested. Similar to what Lenovo is doing with the z?

I'm good with paying 769 for the v20.

Bring your Google Pixel to T-Mobile and get $325 in bill credits
October 27, 2016 Alex Wagner 0 Comments
googlepixelcolorstmobile

John Legere’s “BIG news” about the Google Pixel has been revealed.

Starting tomorrow, October 28, T-Mobile will give you $325 in bill credits when you buy an unlocked Google Pixel and sign up for a T-Mobile One plan. This offer will be available for a limited time.

In order to get your bill credits, you’ll first buy your Pixel from Google or anywhere else. You then sign up for T-Mobile One and show your proof of purchase on T-Mo’s validation site within 30 days. T-Mobile will then give you 24 monthly credits of $13.55 apiece, which adds up to $325, or half the cost of a 32GB Google Pixel.

Here’s what T-Mobile CEO John Legere had to say about this new offer:

“Don’t let the ‘exclusive’ advertisements fool you, the Pixel phone is tested and proven to be fantastic on our lightning fast network, and we want to help you get the best of both worlds! I’m a huge fan of what Google has done with the Pixel and now consumers can use it the way it should be used – with truly unlimited data on the fastest 4G LTE network in America!”

While T-Mobile won’t be selling the Google Pixel officially like some people had hoped, this is a deal worth considering for anyone interested in Google’s flagship smartphone. With it, you can get half off of a 32GB Google Pixel or $325 any other model, making the Pixels easier on your wallet. Just keep in mind that to get all of your credits, you will need to sign up for the new T-Mobile One plan and stick with T-Mo for 24 months.

Also worth noting is that the Google Store is currently showing several Pixel and Pixel XL models as out of stock, while others aren’t expected to ship for two to three weeks. Other buying options include Best Buy and Verizon, and while those models are intended for Verizon, they’re shipped carrier unlocked.

So now that the “BIG” Pixel news has been revealed, what do you think of it? Will you be taking T-Mobile up on its offer?

Source: T-Mobile

TMo just out here burning through cash! Haha.

Unless the profitability from those new One plans is so much that they could afford a $14 / customer / month hit in exchange for a customer for 2 years.

I'd have to see the numbers, but T-Mobile's aggression could prove a good move or really bad move.

Back
Top Bottom