• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm tmobile I still have a small balance on my phone. If I want to upgrade, do I have to pay the balance on full or can it be added on to my new phones bill?

Heard Tmo already gearing up BOGO on the Note

chrissy_teigen.jpg

Verizon tripping trippin. they have a 'promo' section for note 7 owners that's offering the exact same trade in promo as any other customer :lol: they are also mentioning the free gifts that Samsung is offering... which I think is available for any customer that preorders.

Any NYers with the Tmo hookup? Tryna get that employee pricing for the V30...

:nerd:

I could wait a couple months for the price to dip but I waited all year for a phone to catch my eye :lol:

What's the best screen protector for the S8+ to y'all? I got an Invisible Shield from BB when I first got it, and it has some separation in the adhesive at the top right, so any time I press up there, I get a "click". I know they said making protectors for curved screens is difficult but damn

Are unlocked T-Mobile devices compatible with Verizon and ATT now? Have they all started using the same devices on all carriers yet?

Just got back from the Caribbean and my OP5 got water damage :stoneface: :stoneface:
Should I just cop a s8 on for $570 / LG G6 for $460 or just cop a cheaper temporary phone and wait for the v30?

Just got back from the Caribbean and my OP5 got water damage :stoneface: :stoneface:
Should I just cop a s8 on for $570 / LG G6 for $460 or just cop a cheaper temporary phone and wait for the v30?
I see no reason to get the G6 when the V30 is superior in every way

Are unlocked T-Mobile devices compatible with Verizon and ATT now? Have they all started using the same devices on all carriers yet?

They make different variations of the same devices due to the differences in technology between carriers, as well as global versions that are meant to be compatible with as many carriers as possible. For AT&T, yes. Both T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM, so as long as the device is unlocked (and not blacklisted) then you should be fine.

With Verizon, the short answer is maybe. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA, so if you happen to have the global version of a phone, it should work. Devices like the Nexus 6/Pixel can be cross compatible, also most variations of the iPhone.

Get a Moto E, wait for the V30. Doesn't make sense to buy a G6 now - the price will drop once the V30 is available for purchase. If you want to wait, you should be able to pick up one in excellent condition for $300-$400 on Swappa

I'm also waiting for them to drop the deep blue sea color in the states as well.

Agreed. Makes me not want to grab the phone although i still feel like i should hop on the deal

That's how they're able to offer the deal though. Can't have your cake and eat it too.

But unless you already have a need for a new line, it's not really a great deal. You spend ~$2000 (including taxes & fees) then have to wait 6-8 weeks (perhaps longer) for a gift card rebate of the purchase price of the phone, which is currently $930. By the time that 6-8 weeks passes, the phone will have decreased in value by at least $100 simply because carriers will be eager to sell off their remaining inventory, but you'll still be on the hook for the EIP on both devices, wherein lies the problem with these kinds of deals.

I sold a phone on swappa last night and the buyer wants me to overnight ship. Being that it's my first time selling through swappa, this seems fishy. Buyer said they will pay me for the overnight shipment which will be around $70. Any tips on how to handle this?

Yeah let him pay for it first. But I've had that happen to me. Buyers just get really anxious to receive their phone once they pay or the buyer may be taking a trip somewhere.

Back
Top Bottom