Qwelve on da dot
5349139864_2b2928c7ba_z.jpg

Icons from Boost BTW.
pimp.gif

[h1]Samsung Vibrant Froyo Update Ready, Purposefully Delayed (Rumor)[/h1]
File under: News

By: Joe Levi | 6:42 PM 12-Jan-11 | - Comments

Vibrant.jpg

Let me preface this article by going on record that I hope this rumor isn't true.

The rumor is that the Froyo update for the Samsung Vibrant is all ready to go, has been for some time now, and is being intentionally delayed to push people into the Vibrant Plus phone which is essentially just the Vibrant with HSPA+ 4G, a front-facing camera, and Froyo pre-loaded.

"Some disturbing things have happened the last week or so concerning our "Vibrant". Samsung has NOT allowed us to push the update OTA for 2.2 because they feel it will decrease the value of the upcoming Vibrant4G +. While from a marketing aspect i totally understand, as the Vibrant 4G is what the original Vibrant should have been in the 1st place. But to shun off and bold face lie to customers is NOT what T-Mobile is about.

"...Being that, Vibrant 4G and Vibrant have exactly same stats, added FFC and a new movie and the 4G. But i will tell you this, the original vibrant CAN utilize 4G FULLY. Yes FULLY. not what they are telling you."

We know that there are hacks in the wild to add a front-facing camera to the existing Vibrant. We also know that international versions of Galaxy S phones have gotten updates to Froyo. Additionally, we've heard stories of people able unlock 4G speeds via software hacks. All this, when taken in context with the alleged "tip", paints a fairly convincing (though circumstantial) case against Samsung and/or T-Mobile.

What do you think? Is there any validity to the rumor? Let us know in the comments!

Source: Android Spin
Via: Phandroid

Vibrant.jpg

Let me preface this article by going on record that I hope this rumor isn't true.

The rumor is that the Froyo update for the Samsung Vibrant is all ready to go, has been for some time now, and is being intentionally delayed to push people into the Vibrant Plus phone which is essentially just the Vibrant with HSPA+ 4G, a front-facing camera, and Froyo pre-loaded.

"Some disturbing things have happened the last week or so concerning our "Vibrant". Samsung has NOT allowed us to push the update OTA for 2.2 because they feel it will decrease the value of the upcoming Vibrant4G +. While from a marketing aspect i totally understand, as the Vibrant 4G is what the original Vibrant should have been in the 1st place. But to shun off and bold face lie to customers is NOT what T-Mobile is about.

"...Being that, Vibrant 4G and Vibrant have exactly same stats, added FFC and a new movie and the 4G. But i will tell you this, the original vibrant CAN utilize 4G FULLY. Yes FULLY. not what they are telling you."

We know that there are hacks in the wild to add a front-facing camera to the existing Vibrant. We also know that international versions of Galaxy S phones have gotten updates to Froyo. Additionally, we've heard stories of people able unlock 4G speeds via software hacks. All this, when taken in context with the alleged "tip", paints a fairly convincing (though circumstantial) case against Samsung and/or T-Mobile.

What do you think? Is there any validity to the rumor? Let us know in the comments!

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Vibrant.jpg

saw this on xda.
30t6p3b.gif
at samsung (if true)

not that it really affects me because tons of 2.2 roms are available

Originally Posted by Mastamind89

Vibrant.jpg

saw this on xda.
30t6p3b.gif
at samsung (if true)

not that it really affects me because tons of 2.2 roms are available

I will never buy a samsung phone ever again. I had the samsung instinct and they never updated it at all so i learned my lesson

I will never buy a samsung phone ever again. I had the samsung instinct and they never updated it at all so i learned my lesson

Originally Posted by davizzy

The instinct was a piece of crap, worst phone ive ever owned
sick.gif
Imma check out that ps app though.

Back
Top Bottom