• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
^ thats basically what it boils down too... im a keep my galaxy s10 for now until something great comes out... i can live without 5g and 120hz screen... if anything i just want a phone with a better camera

I like to use my phone however I want to and not pay more for less features. If you can't see that these are all just cost-cutting moves and just bend over and take it, then they'll just keep giving you less and less while continuing to charge you more and more.
I don't know how much we are really losing. At most, I only miss/desire a QuadHD display. Perfectly fine with no AUX and removable storage. Might be missing a few other features here.

I went ahead and copped the later case. I like the form factor and how thin it is.
It's actually very nice. They weren't lying about the impossibly thin part either. Can't believe l dropped 40 on a case, but l must say it was worth it.
20220119_163529.jpg

So wild.

I came in here like 8 years ago (or whenever the 5 dropped) and talked about how good iMessage was and got flamed :lol:. I mostly thought it was cool because you could easily send GIFs and videos in original quality and like 90% of people I speak to had (and still have) iPhones. And once again, people were like 'just download whatsapp etc.' but I would always stress that that is exactly my point.

Around that time I think Samsung started to really pop off with the Galaxy and Note series to the point people were actually converting to Android from iPhone. If I remember correctly iPhone users were starting to come around to bigger screens, more customization, and definitely better cameras (especially at that time). I am not sure if they still do, but they used to have these Samsung reps at Best Buy etc. pushing the phones HEAVY :lol:. Like, walking people through the phones, direct comparisons to iPhone, and so on and so forth.

Back then I was really into phone tech and would just go to Best Buy and look at the new stuff :lol:. One time I started shooting it with a rep and basically was just saying how I know the Note is better on paper but no matter how hard I try to convince myself no novelty of Android/something new fades away and I am back to just using my phone as a device to communicate every time. And because of that iMessage is too good to give up.

He was like Yo... let me tell you something :lol:. I can't tell you how many people I converted to Android came back a day or two later saying that there is something wrong with their phone. Basically, videos not sending, receiving small blurry videos, no reception in the basement so they can't text at all, and family and friends can't Facetime. Basically they didn't even know iMessage existed, they just thought phones worked like that. That is how good it is.

Anyways - I would have never predicted all of this.

I'm sure there's a perfect analogy to describe this. It almost sounds like a life lesson. Reminds me of the Bruce Lee 1 kick vs 1000 kicks quote.

Verizon messages is just too clunky. Switched to Samsung messages. It's ridiculous that there's no native massaging app on the tablet. Vzw and att block it for some reason.

Appreciable gains since Note 7/8 are non existent if were being honest with ourselves.

Typed from Note 10+ which I wont upgrade for prolly another 3 years. My pops Note 20 ultra is nicer I guess but not in a single way that makes me want to pay for it.

Appreciable gains since Note 7/8 are non existent if were being honest with ourselves.

Typed from Note 10+ which I wont upgrade for prolly another 3 years. My pops Note 20 ultra is nicer I guess but not in a single way that makes me want to pay for it.
I had the note 8 for 3 years and the biggest change to the 20 ultra is the on screen fingerprint reader. Other than that it's small improvements that I appreciate.

HTC Thunderbolt, Samsung S3, HTC One M7, Moto X, Huawei M9 Pro, Samsung S10.

Been on Android for over a decade, but I wanted something new, so I bought an iPhone 13 today.

Crazy thinking back on the days of LTE basically killing my Thunderbolt battery in 20 minutes, rooting my phones to load custom roms cause I couldn't get timely updates (waiting for Gingerbread when ICS was already out :lol:) , and TouchWiz and Sense being absolute doo doo. It's been fun though!

I have to say, out of all the phones I owned, man that HTC One M7 was probably my favorite device.

Luckily never had the Evo but yea Samsung Charge was just as bad. Hr an a half on the web it was curtsinsss for your battery lol i was all over that HTC too. Still one of the best made best sounding phones ever. They need to release an updated version. That unibody aluminum was so fuego. Thing was dummy durable.

i always had HTC phones before transitioning to galaxy phones... had all these phones droid incredible, rezound, droid incredible 4g, m7 and m8... i have to agree the m7 was my favorite HTC phone by far...

M7 was such a great phone, loved the design too. Nawzlew Nawzlew

Luckily never had the Evo but yea Samsung Charge was just as bad. Hr an a half on the web it was curtsinsss for your battery lol i was all over that HTC too. Still one of the best made best sounding phones ever. They need to release an updated version. That unibody aluminum was so fuego. Thing was dummy durable.

We've had aluminum bodies after that, but that M7 was built different. Running it on a Google Play Edition rom was chef's kiss. Those front facing speakers were revolutionary :lol:

Back
Top Bottom