• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sorry Elder but nobody wants a phone that gotdamn big. Ppl only askin questions cuz its so new an prob havnt seen it yet. Phone is gonna fail.

Sorry Elder but nobody wants a phone that gotdamn big. Ppl only askin questions cuz its so new an prob havnt seen it yet. Phone is gonna fail.

I wouldn't mind havign the Note if it was on VZW. I want a large phone.
a quad core Note with LTE and ICS would be an instant cop

I wouldn't mind havign the Note if it was on VZW. I want a large phone.
a quad core Note with LTE and ICS would be an instant cop

Originally Posted by fraij da 5 11

Anyone know when/if ICS is going to come to the Epic 4g Touch?

Root it and boot it..............you would already have it!!!!!
Stock......I have no idea, maybe a month or two

Samoled is clearly the best and STILL underrated... i have the razr maxx now and ill be real... i miss my Charge screen/camera

Samoled is clearly the best and STILL underrated... i have the razr maxx now and ill be real... i miss my Charge screen/camera

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

I gotta wait till its a little more stable. A lot of people are bricking their phones over @ xda because the recovery for ICS isnt great yet. Ive had my eye on it, But I just cant get up the courage to actually flash it. Ill prolly try it eventually tho.

I gotta wait till its a little more stable. A lot of people are bricking their phones over @ xda because the recovery for ICS isnt great yet. Ive had my eye on it, But I just cant get up the courage to actually flash it. Ill prolly try it eventually tho.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

eyes.gif
 if Apple dropped a 5" iPhone the fanboys would camp out for days on end and proclaim it to be manna from the heavens.  The only reason the Note won't catch on is because like most high end phones (and most Samsung flagship devices) it's overpriced at $299.  Average Joe/Jane usually isn't gonna pay $100 more for a niche product when they can get a 4S for $200 or even 4 for $100.

And people are asking questions about it because yes, they haven't seen it or any phone that big before.  How many people have seen a Dell Streak or Sensation XL in person?  If it's not your style, that's cool but don't knock it because YOU don't like it.  I'm not an iPhone guy; never liked it in any of it's iterations.  But I do respect what it does and more importantly why people like it.  Same holds true for the Note/(Journal).  

Many of us, myself too actually when I think about it, rarely ever use their phone for it's primary purpose - making calls.  My phone is mainly a multimedia device that I text a lot on and make a few 1-3 minute calls.  I'm sure many, many are in the same boat as me and the Note would be a great device for media consumption, gaming and increasing work productivity.  Just drop the price though...

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

The people bricking (myself included) are for the most part the ones not following directions.  It's been clearly said multiple times on over that if you're flashing to an ICS rom you need to start from Gingerbread first, avoid CWM-touch version and avoid ICS stock recovery at all costs.  If you use ODIN or mobile ODIN for the process, you have a 99% chance it'll go smoothly.  Worst case scenario, $35 to replace if no TEP, free if covered.  But I do understand why you'd be nervous though; official should be out by the end of the month.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

eyes.gif
 if Apple dropped a 5" iPhone the fanboys would camp out for days on end and proclaim it to be manna from the heavens.  The only reason the Note won't catch on is because like most high end phones (and most Samsung flagship devices) it's overpriced at $299.  Average Joe/Jane usually isn't gonna pay $100 more for a niche product when they can get a 4S for $200 or even 4 for $100.

And people are asking questions about it because yes, they haven't seen it or any phone that big before.  How many people have seen a Dell Streak or Sensation XL in person?  If it's not your style, that's cool but don't knock it because YOU don't like it.  I'm not an iPhone guy; never liked it in any of it's iterations.  But I do respect what it does and more importantly why people like it.  Same holds true for the Note/(Journal).  

Many of us, myself too actually when I think about it, rarely ever use their phone for it's primary purpose - making calls.  My phone is mainly a multimedia device that I text a lot on and make a few 1-3 minute calls.  I'm sure many, many are in the same boat as me and the Note would be a great device for media consumption, gaming and increasing work productivity.  Just drop the price though...

The people bricking (myself included) are for the most part the ones not following directions.  It's been clearly said multiple times on over that if you're flashing to an ICS rom you need to start from Gingerbread first, avoid CWM-touch version and avoid ICS stock recovery at all costs.  If you use ODIN or mobile ODIN for the process, you have a 99% chance it'll go smoothly.  Worst case scenario, $35 to replace if no TEP, free if covered.  But I do understand why you'd be nervous though; official should be out by the end of the month.

^^^for u

Some AT&T users able to pull ICS update for HTC Vivid

HTV-Vivid-179x300.jpg

Though there has been no official statement from AT&T, some HTC Vivid owners have been able to pull what appears to be release-ready Ice Cream Sandwich update to their devices by performing a simple dialer trick. Calling *#*#682#*#* will ping the servers hosting the file and initiate a push to the handset. Some users have had to wait a bit for the update to show after dialing the number above. Others have had no success in updating the Vivid.
The build is slightly fresher than the most recent ICS leak and brings along Sense 3.6 along with Android 4.0.3, but without an official release statement we can’t be 100 percent certain this is indeed the final build AT&T and HTC intended to deliver to users. You can test your luck and see about giving the new software a spin by performing the dialer trick and waiting for that sweet treat to arrive.

Get the updating to ICS before they pull it.

^^^for u

Some AT&T users able to pull ICS update for HTC Vivid

HTV-Vivid-179x300.jpg

Though there has been no official statement from AT&T, some HTC Vivid owners have been able to pull what appears to be release-ready Ice Cream Sandwich update to their devices by performing a simple dialer trick. Calling *#*#682#*#* will ping the servers hosting the file and initiate a push to the handset. Some users have had to wait a bit for the update to show after dialing the number above. Others have had no success in updating the Vivid.
The build is slightly fresher than the most recent ICS leak and brings along Sense 3.6 along with Android 4.0.3, but without an official release statement we can’t be 100 percent certain this is indeed the final build AT&T and HTC intended to deliver to users. You can test your luck and see about giving the new software a spin by performing the dialer trick and waiting for that sweet treat to arrive.

Get the updating to ICS before they pull it.

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

I thought the 4.5'' screen on the T-Mo GS2 would be too big, but I got used to it and it feels weird handling a smaller phone.
It's all a matter of spending time with it. I'm sure if I had a GNEX I'd get used to the 4.65''.
4.65 is the whole phone. The screen is 4.3. 

Originally Posted by purplenurple1414

I thought the 4.5'' screen on the T-Mo GS2 would be too big, but I got used to it and it feels weird handling a smaller phone.
It's all a matter of spending time with it. I'm sure if I had a GNEX I'd get used to the 4.65''.
4.65 is the whole phone. The screen is 4.3. 

Has there been an official release of ICS for the NS4G? I been using the Gomez ICS rom for a few months now but I can't find any info on a official Google release of ICS for my phone. I checked XDA and didn't find anything.

Has there been an official release of ICS for the NS4G? I been using the Gomez ICS rom for a few months now but I can't find any info on a official Google release of ICS for my phone. I checked XDA and didn't find anything.

Yea im just lazy when I flash. And the fact that I cant Nandroid back if I dont like the rom annoys me a little. Ill get on it eventually, im just not in a rush since Calkulins GB rom is amazingly stable and fast. Im good with that for now.

Back
Top Bottom