• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yeah the note needs ics already i would flash cm9 but rooting seems harder for the international note and everyone is bricking flashing ics roms and i want that touchwiz ics with spen support thats gonna be beastly, canadas note got the ics already

and yeah as soon as you pull out that shiny white note people necks snap, its not my style but its a good conversation starter

Originally Posted by illmatic34

Question. I'm planning to use a friend's upgrade to get the HTC One X. But since the phone needs an LTE sim card and I won't have one under my account since it is technically my friend's, would that disallow me from using the phone for my personal use?
You can still do it. Just make sure you go to someone who knows what they're doing. I just did the same thing a few days ago and it takes about a hour and involves burning multiple sims
laugh.gif
Make sure your friend is with you because he's gonna need a new sim card.

i def. wanted the note ... but can't wait for it ... the ev0 4g will hold me down hopefully ... looking fwd to fast speeds and good battery life ...

my next phone will be a phone / tablet in 2 years

I guess Im lucky cause Sprint in Atlanta is fantastic. I even get 4g in my bathroom taking a duece lol. Coverage is only a problem when I leave metro atlanta, im saying like 30miles out to conyers or some crap.
And we getting LTE first....so excited

Well to be fair, Sprint's coverage is just very spotty for me in Houston.  I'm always -100 dBm at home but I literally go 2 blocks down the street & I can hop onto 4G.  Some places it's very fast, some it's stuck on 1X.  With T-Mobile it was much more consistent.  I'd rather pull a consistent 3-5 mbps than be hit or miss getting 0.1 or 10-12 mbps.  And for the record, Sprint has EXCELLENT customer service.  I've had plenty of problems with my data/connection speeds but never once an issue on the phone or via online chat.

My plan is to get on this T-Mobile prepaid for $30 monthly & get a mifi/hotspot device & still pay less than Sprint's monthly.  That way I'm good on data speeds since I'm on wifi if I need it (do you really need 20 mbps to browse FB/Twitter?) and I can make calls using VoIP if I go over the 100 minutes, which probably won't happen anyway since they people who I would have phone conversations with I would just do it in person anyway.  I just can't decide if I'm gonna go GNex or splurge on International GS III.

Originally Posted by odog24

does the note fit in your pocket???

may 18 cant come soon enoughh
It's fit in every pair of shorts, jeans, pants, bball shorts, front pockets, back pockets, you name it.
Not once have I ever thought to myself I can't wear something because my phone won't fit.

I don't wear baggy clothes at all and have had 0 problems.

Originally Posted by d e beatup

Well to be fair, Sprint's coverage is just very spotty for me in Houston.  I'm always -100 dBm at home but I literally go 2 blocks down the street & I can hop onto 4G.  Some places it's very fast, some it's stuck on 1X.  With T-Mobile it was much more consistent.  I'd rather pull a consistent 3-5 mbps than be hit or miss getting 0.1 or 10-12 mbps.  And for the record, Sprint has EXCELLENT customer service.  I've had plenty of problems with my data/connection speeds but never once an issue on the phone or via online chat.

My plan is to get on this T-Mobile prepaid for $30 monthly & get a mifi/hotspot device & still pay less than Sprint's monthly.  That way I'm good on data speeds since I'm on wifi if I need it (do you really need 20 mbps to browse FB/Twitter?) and I can make calls using VoIP if I go over the 100 minutes, which probably won't happen anyway since they people who I would have phone conversations with I would just do it in person anyway.  I just can't decide if I'm gonna go GNex or splurge on International GS III.
yeah i feel ya. 
I don't have a computer besides at work so until I cop a new laptop or something I depend heavily on my phone. Once I found out android has torrent apps...
laugh.gif
. I average like 10gigs a month now 
sick.gif

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

Originally Posted by odog24

does the note fit in your pocket???

may 18 cant come soon enoughh
It's fit in every pair of shorts, jeans, pants, bball shorts, front pockets, back pockets, you name it.
Not once have I ever thought to myself I can't wear something because my phone won't fit.

I don't wear baggy clothes at all and have had 0 problems.
same, i never feel it in my pocket ever...ill see if that changes when i get my case tho 

My recent experience:Been with sprint forever. Used to be sprint employee back in the day and ALWAYS had a employee disco plan from og disco to post employment SERO...Sprint USED to be the truth (Now Network), but now they're just wack.They used to be on top of the smartphone game (pocket pc, 6600, 6700, 6800, mogul, touch pro, touch pro 2, etc)But now sprints lineup is weak. (how they finally get a phone when its been out for basically a year already???)I was due for an upgrade for a while already but no phone caught my interest. "rumors" of the note to sprint had me on the hook for MONTHS. Now to find out t-mobile is next in line to exclusivity. Wack.I jumped ship and couldn't be happier. Att with the Note is amazing. Speeds are amazing on lte as sprints wimax is slower than erosion.And like someone else said previously, its hard to go over 3GB of data. Especially with my wifi at home, wifi at work, and with all the Att wifi hotspots. Even without wifi 3GB or 5GB is more than enough and is better than "unlimited" at sprint through wimax/3g when you don't even run through 3GB of data anyway.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Question. I'm planning to use a friend's upgrade to get the HTC One X. But since the phone needs an LTE sim card and I won't have one under my account since it is technically my friend's, would that disallow me from using the phone for my personal use?
You can still do it. Just make sure you go to someone who knows what they're doing. I just did the same thing a few days ago and it takes about a hour and involves burning multiple sims
laugh.gif
Make sure your friend is with you because he's gonna need a new sim card.
Thanks for the info. I gotta buddy who can help me out with that. One X here I come 
pimp.gif

Gonna take the plung and buy the Google Nexus joint. Never paid more then $200 for a phone upfront but it's time to leave my old Samsung Galaxy (yeah you heard me right) behind.

I haven't heard any confirmation of the Note coming to Sprint it's only a rumor that's been going on for the past couple months due to an ad popping up on Sprint's website that most likely was an error. I highly doubt the Note is coming to Sprint but the Note 2 when it's released could come to Sprint and they could push it hard as their first LTE "Phablet" device.

eek.gif
@ the lower wirefly price and sprint already said they shipped it so i can't even cancel my order ... FML
indifferent.gif

My contract for Tmobile is about to be over next month and i want a Galaxy Nexus bad

can you guys list a few options whats the best/cheapest way to get one?

Originally Posted by WaitWut

My contract for Tmobile is about to be over next month and i want a Galaxy Nexus bad

You could buy one from the Google Play Store unlocked for $399.99 and use it on T-Mobile now

Originally Posted by WaitWut

sell ur current phone and get the nexus, call tmobile now and see if they give u the htc one s for 199 or whatever now, and sell it and cop da nexus 

Another question. Since the One X doesn't have a SD card slot, how can I transfer my music/videos from my old SD card to the One X?

Another question. Since the One X doesn't have a SD card slot, how can I transfer my music/videos from my old SD card to the One X?

mount the drive , connect phone to computer mount the drive

Back
Top Bottom