Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
t mobile slacking man, what their last good phone was the galaxy s II

i want a new phone, i read the galaxy note can get hspa+ speeds on tmobile with a radio flash

HTC One S is coming to T-mobile I think.
Edit:

http://htc.t-mobile.com/one/s-4g-phone

Still happy with my GSII. 

CM9 nightlies keep me content until the GSIII eventually comes out.

It's strange now seeing that Samsung has a semi-apple like following with all the blogs posting specs, rumors, and pics of the SIII. 

HTC One S is coming to T-mobile I think.
Edit:

http://htc.t-mobile.com/one/s-4g-phone

Still happy with my GSII. 

CM9 nightlies keep me content until the GSIII eventually comes out.

It's strange now seeing that Samsung has a semi-apple like following with all the blogs posting specs, rumors, and pics of the SIII. 

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Is there anything in the market SIMULAR to Frametastic
nerd.gif

I mainly want to be able to group MULTIPLE photos in one pic.

You might want to try KD Collage.
Thanks.
Was wondering if there was another app similar to KD collage with an option to edit and have text built in over the collage?
PhotoShake

Originally Posted by sole searchin

Originally Posted by mrtito32

Originally Posted by gone in 60 seconds

Is there anything in the market SIMULAR to Frametastic
nerd.gif

I mainly want to be able to group MULTIPLE photos in one pic.

You might want to try KD Collage.
Thanks.
Was wondering if there was another app similar to KD collage with an option to edit and have text built in over the collage?
PhotoShake

Hoping y'all can help out...

So I've been rocking with my Inspire for almost a year now, and I'm not sure if it's me...but I feel it's really outdated compared to what it'll be if I root it.

Anybody willing to give me a quick rundown? How easy is the process? What exactly do I do when I root it? AND finally...by restoring back to factory settings if I have an issue, that doesn't void out my warrenty, does it?

Been trying to read up on this stuff, but I don't understand it AT ALL.

So I've been rocking with my Inspire for almost a year now, and I'm not sure if it's me...but I feel it's really outdated compared to what it'll be if I root it.

Anybody willing to give me a quick rundown? How easy is the process? What exactly do I do when I root it? AND finally...by restoring back to factory settings if I have an issue, that doesn't void out my warrenty, does it?

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

I would love somebody to explain to me how ATT won.

Because its white,which is seen as good and not black, which is seen as bad............
grin.gif
grin.gif

But really, the white looks ALOT better to me.  Forget that useless spring loaded junk in the back........and the matte like finish in contrast with the glossy black looks stupid.

thats how they won............

Because its white,which is seen as good and not black, which is seen as bad............
grin.gif
grin.gif

But really, the white looks ALOT better to me.  Forget that useless spring loaded junk in the back........and the matte like finish in contrast with the glossy black looks stupid.

Originally Posted by pacmagic2002

grin.gif
grin.gif

I actually like the way the Sprint one looks better and ofcourse I like the bigger battery , physical camera button , kickstand, MicroSD card slot, and HD voice feature

Even if some people think the European model is "prettier" ATT ain't win jack $#@!
laugh.gif

Ill take perfomance and features over just straight aesthetics . Me and you both know Sprint is gonna drop a white version of the phone a few months from now.

grin.gif
grin.gif

I actually like the way the Sprint one looks better and ofcourse I like the bigger battery , physical camera button , kickstand, MicroSD card slot, and HD voice feature

Even if some people think the European model is "prettier" ATT ain't win jack $#@!
laugh.gif

Ill take perfomance and features over just straight aesthetics . Me and you both know Sprint is gonna drop a white version of the phone a few months from now.

and their LTE is up and running............we`re stuck with phones releasing with no 4G (wimax nor LTE service to use it on) to use it with

they win by TKO

and their LTE is up and running............we`re stuck with phones releasing with no 4G (wimax nor LTE service to use it on) to use it with

they win by TKO

Tets you right
laugh.gif
but aye man ive seen people brick because of being too lazy. i read for weeks before i even touched my first Android
laugh.gif

Tets you right
laugh.gif
but aye man ive seen people brick because of being too lazy. i read for weeks before i even touched my first Android
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Tets you right
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pac hit the nail on the head. AT&T has one of the best selections of Android phones bar and none. Hell, their Galaxy SIIs are ALREADY on sale for $99
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
Let's face it, The Sprint Evo is mad ugly, i dont want a damn red line goin across my phone. Damn a case, i like my phone's naked. I wonder if Sprint's version has Beats?
nerd.gif

The first thing i read was android central when i first got my ev0, pretty helpful.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Tets you right
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Pac hit the nail on the head. AT&T has one of the best selections of Android phones bar and none. Hell, their Galaxy SIIs are ALREADY on sale for $99
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
mad.gif
Let's face it, The Sprint Evo is mad ugly, i dont want a damn red line goin across my phone. Damn a case, i like my phone's naked. I wonder if Sprint's version has Beats?
nerd.gif

The first thing i read was android central when i first got my ev0, pretty helpful.

they win by TKO

They win until you reach your data cap
laugh.gif

[h1]The EVO 4G LTE isn't the HTC One X — it might be better[/h1]

By Phil Nickinson   05 Apr 2012 10:40 am

evo-one-x-7.jpg

"But I wanted the HTC One X!"

So we've noticed. But here's the deal, Sprint fans. You're getting the EVO 4G LTE. The Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE. And you know what? It might actually be better than the One X.

Crazy talk, I know. But think about it. No, wait. First, go back and read our HTC One X review. Now let's think about it. How much of the EVO 4G LTE (or the E4GLTE for not-so short) is exactly in line -- on paper, anyway -- with the One X? Quite a bit. And, more important, it's in line with features of the One X about which we're still shouting from the rooftops.

And it doesn't stop there. Consider:
  • Both have a 4.7-inch Super LCD2 display. It's gorgeous.
  • Both have 720x1280 resolution. Beat that.
  • Both have the Qualcomm S4 processor at 1.5 GHz. (Which, by the way, really isn't "slower" than the Tegra 3 variant because it has half the cores.)
  • Both have HTC's excellent new camera and app.
  • Both have Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
  • Both have Sense 4.
  • Both have Beats Audio.
  • Both get you 25-gigabytes of online storage from Dropbox free for two years.
But, no. It's still not the One X.

So you've got the internals of the LTE version of the HTC One X, same as what we're going to get on AT&T here in the U.S. It just looks different on the outside.

It's pretty obvious that form the get-go Sprint set out to replace the original EVO 4G, which along with the original Motorola Droid is one of the most important phones in Android's life thus far. It didn't want the One X. It wanted the next EVO. 

evo-one-x-3.jpg

And so we got something that is the One X, but isn't the One X. The polycarbonate shell has been traded for a two-tone paint job, with HTC's excellent soft-touch coating on the bottom, and glossy black plastic up top. What's so wrong with that? The soft-touch is as good as it ever was. And while glossy plastic remains a fingerprint magnet, it does give nice contrast to the matte finish on the rest of the phone. HTC was right to point out how the red kickstand serves as a transition between the two. A harsh transition, but hardly a haphazard one. (We are, however, sad to see the charging contacts are gone on the E4GLTE.)

And speaking of the kickstand, it's probably the best-designed kickstand we've seen. It looks like it's a part of the phone, and not just something used to prop it up. You might even have trouble opening it the first time, it's so well integrated. Yes, like the original EVO HTC ThunderBolt it means you can't use the kickstand properly and charge the phone at the same time -- the plug is inaccessible. Just flip it over. Seriously, Sprint thought of this. They went so far as to actually remind us that you can do it.

"You haven't even mentioned the bigger battery or microSD card yet!!!"

Nope, we haven't. That's called intentionally burying the lede. Sprint (OK, HTC) squeezed an extra 200 mAh into the E4GLTE battery, for a total of 2,000 mAh -- more capacity than the One X. (That said, no, it's still not removable.) There's a dedicated camera button. (Huzzah!) And there's also a swapable microSD card for extra storage. So along with the 16GB that's already on board, you can add up to 32GB more. Can the One X do that? Nope.

And what about Google Wallet? Sprint's still the only officially supported carrier. (More or less, we suppose.) Or there's the new "HD" voice calls. (Jury's still out on that -- we need some real-world testing.) Or there are all the other wonder apps that Sprint loves to put on its phones. (OK, we almost made it through that sentence with a straight face.)

The point is this, ladies and germs: No, the EVO 4G LTE is not the HTC One X. But it's not supposed to be. It's based off it, to be sure. But it's Sprint's phone. It's Sprint's design. It's Sprint's baby. While perhaps we would have preferred Sprint to keep consistent with the HTC One naming strategy (and for HTC to have the clout to more strongly encourage it), it does make sense to go back to where it all began -- EVO -- even if it causes a severe case of alphabet soup.

Are we going to declare the EVO 4G LTE "better" than the HTC One X? Not yet. We've got to get some real usage under our belts. And even then, it's a moot point. You're not going to get the HTC One X on Sprint. Just know that the EVO 4G LTE has all the makings of a major phone, even if it doesn't look like you expected.

they win by TKO

They win until you reach your data cap
laugh.gif

[h1]The EVO 4G LTE isn't the HTC One X — it might be better[/h1]

By Phil Nickinson   05 Apr 2012 10:40 am

evo-one-x-7.jpg

"But I wanted the HTC One X!"

So we've noticed. But here's the deal, Sprint fans. You're getting the EVO 4G LTE. The Sprint HTC EVO 4G LTE. And you know what? It might actually be better than the One X.

Crazy talk, I know. But think about it. No, wait. First, go back and read our HTC One X review. Now let's think about it. How much of the EVO 4G LTE (or the E4GLTE for not-so short) is exactly in line -- on paper, anyway -- with the One X? Quite a bit. And, more important, it's in line with features of the One X about which we're still shouting from the rooftops.

And it doesn't stop there. Consider:
  • Both have a 4.7-inch Super LCD2 display. It's gorgeous.
  • Both have 720x1280 resolution. Beat that.
  • Both have the Qualcomm S4 processor at 1.5 GHz. (Which, by the way, really isn't "slower" than the Tegra 3 variant because it has half the cores.)
  • Both have HTC's excellent new camera and app.
  • Both have Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich.
  • Both have Sense 4.
  • Both have Beats Audio.
  • Both get you 25-gigabytes of online storage from Dropbox free for two years.

So you've got the internals of the LTE version of the HTC One X, same as what we're going to get on AT&T here in the U.S. It just looks different on the outside.

It's pretty obvious that form the get-go Sprint set out to replace the original EVO 4G, which along with the original Motorola Droid is one of the most important phones in Android's life thus far. It didn't want the One X. It wanted the next EVO. 

evo-one-x-3.jpg

And so we got something that is the One X, but isn't the One X. The polycarbonate shell has been traded for a two-tone paint job, with HTC's excellent soft-touch coating on the bottom, and glossy black plastic up top. What's so wrong with that? The soft-touch is as good as it ever was. And while glossy plastic remains a fingerprint magnet, it does give nice contrast to the matte finish on the rest of the phone. HTC was right to point out how the red kickstand serves as a transition between the two. A harsh transition, but hardly a haphazard one. (We are, however, sad to see the charging contacts are gone on the E4GLTE.)

And speaking of the kickstand, it's probably the best-designed kickstand we've seen. It looks like it's a part of the phone, and not just something used to prop it up. You might even have trouble opening it the first time, it's so well integrated. Yes, like the original EVO HTC ThunderBolt it means you can't use the kickstand properly and charge the phone at the same time -- the plug is inaccessible. Just flip it over. Seriously, Sprint thought of this. They went so far as to actually remind us that you can do it.

"You haven't even mentioned the bigger battery or microSD card yet!!!"

Nope, we haven't. That's called intentionally burying the lede. Sprint (OK, HTC) squeezed an extra 200 mAh into the E4GLTE battery, for a total of 2,000 mAh -- more capacity than the One X. (That said, no, it's still not removable.) There's a dedicated camera button. (Huzzah!) And there's also a swapable microSD card for extra storage. So along with the 16GB that's already on board, you can add up to 32GB more. Can the One X do that? Nope.

And what about Google Wallet? Sprint's still the only officially supported carrier. (More or less, we suppose.) Or there's the new "HD" voice calls. (Jury's still out on that -- we need some real-world testing.) Or there are all the other wonder apps that Sprint loves to put on its phones. (OK, we almost made it through that sentence with a straight face.)

The point is this, ladies and germs: No, the EVO 4G LTE is not the HTC One X. But it's not supposed to be. It's based off it, to be sure. But it's Sprint's phone. It's Sprint's design. It's Sprint's baby. While perhaps we would have preferred Sprint to keep consistent with the HTC One naming strategy (and for HTC to have the clout to more strongly encourage it), it does make sense to go back to where it all began -- EVO -- even if it causes a severe case of alphabet soup.

Are we going to declare the EVO 4G LTE "better" than the HTC One X? Not yet. We've got to get some real usage under our belts. And even then, it's a moot point. You're not going to get the HTC One X on Sprint. Just know that the EVO 4G LTE has all the makings of a major phone, even if it doesn't look like you expected.

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Rooting your Inspire will make it tolerable... until it isn't anymore. I just bought a Galaxy Nexus from the DailySteals deal. (I just saw it even cheaper on NewEgg)
The rooting process wasn't easy for it though. Looks like it may have changed in the last year though. I had a ton of help from some guys over at XDA. Theres a root kit for it now....

If you're still completely stock, go here and read read read before you do anything... http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=952352

Originally Posted by LESGodSonC0

Rooting your Inspire will make it tolerable... until it isn't anymore. I just bought a Galaxy Nexus from the DailySteals deal. (I just saw it even cheaper on NewEgg)
The rooting process wasn't easy for it though. Looks like it may have changed in the last year though. I had a ton of help from some guys over at XDA. Theres a root kit for it now....

If you're still completely stock, go here and read read read before you do anything... http://forum.xda-develope.../showthread.php?t=952352

Back
Top Bottom