Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
laugh.gif
yea the apk block was ******ed, i have until the 15th of next month to take this back. Hopefully its unlocked and S-Off'd by then though.

I got my Galaxy Nexus [Sprint ] today, sick phone.  It's so stock and simple, and awesome! 
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Cyber Smoke

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Why the smh my dude? One X is an awesome phone, hell i might just keep both. The locked bootloader and lack of development right now is killing me tho, i hate bloat and stock firmware 
laugh.gif
  with the Gnex i'll have hella ROM's to hold me over until the SGSIII comes to the states. 

I understand the locked boot loader. I wouldn't want a phone with that either lol. I just hope the evo doesn't have it.

It definitely won't bro don't worry .

Sprint ain't on that no fun $#@! like ATT

remember when they were blocking APK installs  ?
laugh.gif
terrible

laugh.gif
 I hated that, never understood why they did it.

I know technically on the Captivate if you roll back to 2.1/2.2 the block is still up
30t6p3b.gif

GREAT news for AT&T Galaxy Note owners...Samsung's REAL version of ICS (Not the psuedo-versions) is on XDA, and it's the latest one with the new S-Pen apps included. It was just released a few days ago and so far everything works on it including Instagram (for some reason that's important) and battery life is awesome as well. Again this is what was leaked by Samsung, not some developer on the side. This means that you can still do the OTA upgrade when they officially release it. I did the same exact thing with my Original Nexus when I upgraded to Froyo.

I need somebody who is up on this to help me out with how to do it, I have been out of the game for 2 years now. I'll be the guinea pig for NT if you help me out with the instructions (I aint scurred
laugh.gif
). I'll post screenshots and everything.

Here is the link  SGH-I717UCLE2 (AT&T Galaxy Note) "Official" Leak  NT help me to help you
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by ChopperVille

Originally Posted by sosly

I got my Galaxy Nexus [Sprint ] today, sick phone.  It's so stock and simple, and awesome! 
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i Love stock ICS.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I tried the whole Nexus Stock Android experience. I got caught up in the hype of "Vanilla" Android. But then I would get pissed that the phones running Stock Android weren't even the best phones out. Like the Galaxy Nexus is arguably still not a good a phone than the SGSII, and it is totally blown out the water by the SGSIII.

The reason why the Nexuses aren't the most specc'ed out phone because they are basically software demonstrators for developers to use...but are still available to consumers. Developers don't need the highest MP cam, the most storage, removable battery, SD card...all they need is a phone with a capable processor and the newest software with absolutely no bloatware so they can do their thing.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by sosly

pimp.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i Love stock ICS.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I tried the whole Nexus Stock Android experience. I got caught up in the hype of "Vanilla" Android. But then I would get pissed that the phones running Stock Android weren't even the best phones out. Like the Galaxy Nexus is arguably still not a good a phone than the SGSII, and it is totally blown out the water by the SGSIII.

The reason why the Nexuses aren't the most specc'ed out phone because they are basically software demonstrators for developers to use...but are still available to consumers. Developers don't need the highest MP cam, the most storage, removable battery, SD card...all they need is a phone with a capable processor and the newest software with absolutely no bloatware so they can do their thing.

its all relative tho. gs3 isn't worth copping if you're on gs2 or nexus, or note or razr maxx. those phones are on or will get ics and will run really
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
. they're still fast as hell so i don't see the need to rush to quad core unless ur on a droid x or something.

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i Love stock ICS.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Specs/benchmarks dont mean everything.  The GSII is fast, but the GNex running ICS has a faster,better, EXPERIENCE.  Once you get over the whole "only 5 megapixels" BS,(Which only determines the size of the picture
grin.gif
) the camera is great, especially with the zero-lag shutter which is clutch in everyday situations.  The screen is great, especially the 720p with the onscreen buttons (forget that pentile nonsense, its still better than most phones out). Removable battery is convienient for long trips. The body is crazy thin and feels great in the hand, especially with that beautiful curved glass.  Its not always about the specs, but the experience.  After everything I've thrown at this phone, i've yet to make it lag, and thats what I love about it.  I also know that any software advancement on android, my phone can and will have it.  After using my GNex, I could never pic up a GS2, and I'm not even hyped about the GS3.  The specs of the GS3(in which the only real improvement is quad-core
eyes.gif
) arent enough to make any real improvement in experience over my already lag free Nexus.  The only phone I'm really considering switching out for is the Note, and thats only for that 5.3" screen
eek.gif
smokin.gif
Oh yea, what up Phi? 
wink.gif

Originally Posted by UPPTEMPO8387

^Que? I've seen the pics of it with TMobile branding but I dont get my hopes up with TMobile

unlock it with an unlock code, flash tmobile radio , you have tmobile with 4G speeds up to 25 mbps
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by omgitswes

If you need a phone now go with the GNEX.
If you can wait a while then probably the S3

Yeah, leanin' towards the Nexus....god knows how long it will take for Verizon to get the S3...
My Droid X is starting to get dead pixels, probably from dropping it 1 too many times.

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by omgitswes

If you need a phone now go with the GNEX.
If you can wait a while then probably the S3

Yeah, leanin' towards the Nexus....god knows how long it will take for Verizon to get the S3...
My Droid X is starting to get dead pixels, probably from dropping it 1 too many times.

Im in the SAME EXACT position youre in. LOL

I have a DX and ive been waiting for the S3. However, I know that when it releases I will lose my unlimited unless I buy the phone for full price. So as of now im debating of upgrading for two more years and getting either the Nexus or an Iphone4s 16gb and not losing my unlimited.

What do you think will have higher resale value in a few months, the Nexus or the Iphone4s?

i Love stock ICS.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Specs/benchmarks dont mean everything.  The GSII is fast, but the GNex running ICS has a faster,better, EXPERIENCE.  Once you get over the whole "only 5 megapixels" BS,(Which only determines the size of the picture
grin.gif
) the camera is great, especially with the zero-lag shutter which is clutch in everyday situations.  The screen is great, especially the 720p with the onscreen buttons (forget that pentile nonsense, its still better than most phones out). Removable battery is convienient for long trips. The body is crazy thin and feels great in the hand, especially with that beautiful curved glass.  Its not always about the specs, but the experience.  After everything I've thrown at this phone, i've yet to make it lag, and thats what I love about it.  I also know that any software advancement on android, my phone can and will have it.  After using my GNex, I could never pic up a GS2, and I'm not even hyped about the GS3.  The specs of the GS3(in which the only real improvement is quad-core
eyes.gif
) arent enough to make any real improvement in experience over my already lag free Nexus.  The only phone I'm really considering switching out for is the Note, and thats only for that 5.3" screen
eek.gif
smokin.gif
Oh yea, what up Phi? 
wink.gif
I feel you Frat. You actually cannot go wrong with more than a few of these Android phones. I guess that variety of quality devices is what makes Android powerful. User experience > Specs. BTW any of these phones would have been good for George W. Edmonds right? Phi Nu Pi my brother.

Does anyone know if its possible to get the pure player widget cd case skin x on the Galaxy Nexus? I'm currently running 2.5.8.11 v4 ics MIUI ROM

Originally Posted by sladewilson

^Que? I've seen the pics of it with TMobile branding but I dont get my hopes up with TMobile

unlock it with an unlock code, flash tmobile radio , you have tmobile with 4G speeds up to 25 mbps
pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I wish dude...If I could afford to drop $550 on one and unlock it, I would

Originally Posted by sladewilson

pimp.gif

laugh.gif
I wish dude...If I could afford to drop $550 on one and unlock it, I would
unlock you can get that free and 550 isnt that much if you think about it

Back
Top Bottom