Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Originally Posted by solesavage

Originally Posted by ShadyKay NT

Originally Posted by omgitswes

If you need a phone now go with the GNEX.
If you can wait a while then probably the S3

Yeah, leanin' towards the Nexus....god knows how long it will take for Verizon to get the S3...
My Droid X is starting to get dead pixels, probably from dropping it 1 too many times.

Im in the SAME EXACT position youre in. LOL

I have a DX and ive been waiting for the S3. However, I know that when it releases I will lose my unlimited unless I buy the phone for full price. So as of now im debating of upgrading for two more years and getting either the Nexus or an Iphone4s 16gb and not losing my unlimited.

What do you think will have higher resale value in a few months, the Nexus or the Iphone4s?

I've been going back and forth on the whole upgrading thing. Trying to figure out if paying retail for the phone is worth keeping the unlimited data

juice defender worth it? running it now and power save mode... am i really doing anything... galaxy s2.

man coming from blackberry off 4year bid... it was rough now im a free man.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by ChopperVille

I tried the whole Nexus Stock Android experience. I got caught up in the hype of "Vanilla" Android. But then I would get pissed that the phones running Stock Android weren't even the best phones out. Like the Galaxy Nexus is arguably still not a good a phone than the SGSII, and it is totally blown out the water by the SGSIII.

The reason why the Nexuses aren't the most specc'ed out phone because they are basically software demonstrators for developers to use...but are still available to consumers. Developers don't need the highest MP cam, the most storage, removable battery, SD card...all they need is a phone with a capable processor and the newest software with absolutely no bloatware so they can do their thing.

Specs/benchmarks dont mean everything.  The GSII is fast, but the GNex running ICS has a faster,better, EXPERIENCE.  Once you get over the whole "only 5 megapixels" BS,(Which only determines the size of the picture
grin.gif
) the camera is great, especially with the zero-lag shutter which is clutch in everyday situations.  The screen is great, especially the 720p with the onscreen buttons (forget that pentile nonsense, its still better than most phones out). Removable battery is convienient for long trips. The body is crazy thin and feels great in the hand, especially with that beautiful curved glass.  Its not always about the specs, but the experience.  After everything I've thrown at this phone, i've yet to make it lag, and thats what I love about it.  I also know that any software advancement on android, my phone can and will have it.  After using my GNex, I could never pic up a GS2, and I'm not even hyped about the GS3.  The specs of the GS3(in which the only real improvement is quad-core
eyes.gif
) arent enough to make any real improvement in experience over my already lag free Nexus.  The only phone I'm really considering switching out for is the Note, and thats only for that 5.3" screen
eek.gif
smokin.gif
Oh yea, what up Phi? 
wink.gif
I feel you Frat. You actually cannot go wrong with more than a few of these Android phones. I guess that variety of quality devices is what makes Android powerful. User experience > Specs. BTW any of these phones would have been good for George W. Edmonds right? Phi Nu Pi my brother.
Bro. Edmonds definitely could've used one of these
laugh.gif
...  Φ

Yo, if anybody has any of the 4G Android phones, FOXFI the free wireless tethering app is a MUST. Just don't go overboard with the data but it works great with no configuration and doesn't even require you to be rooted. I'm typing this from my new iPad using FOXFI on my G Note right now.

Yo, if anybody has any of the 4G Android phones, FOXFI the free wireless tethering app is a MUST. Just don't go overboard with the data but it works great with no configuration and doesn't even require you to be rooted. I'm typing this from my new iPad using FOXFI on my G Note right now (is why I'm not using my red font).

Yeah I just found this app yesterday! 
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

On my 3rd Epic 4g and bricked my second one so I won't be rooting this one. But yeah no root needed FoxFi is great. Can't wait till they turn on LTE for Sprint cause ima pair my Galaxy S 3 with the $199 Nexus Tablet thats dropping in July!!

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Whats the best site for news and info updates?

I like androidcentral.com, honestly all the sites piggyback off everyone else lol. but also check out bgr.com  phandroid.com  androidandme.com  theverge.com

Exclusive: HP's webOS Enyo team is going to Google

94%7C000021e02%7C2e77_enyo-logo.jpg

The HP team responsible for Enyo — webOS's HTML5-based application framework that debuted on the TouchPad — will be leaving the company and starting at Google on Monday, The Verge has learned. What this means for the future of Open webOS is unclear; Enyo and the developers supporting it are central to HP's open source strategy for the operating system going forward, and it's hard to say whether this move will have any effect on the planned late 2012 release for version 1.0.

Developing...

I'm not sure how big this is, but its pretty big if you know who created WebOS and the main designer for Ice Cream Sandwich UI/UX.

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Welp XDA just unlocked the bootloader of the ATT HOX, so i might be staying with this thing after all
smile.gif
Dumb excited when I got the news early this morning
laugh.gif

Matias Duarte is having a party right now. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
We saw what he did with ICS, and now he has his old team back. 

web os was a thing of beauty

I STILL to this day find myself swiping back with my left thumb near the bottom of my phone or tablet to try to go "back" only to be sadly disappointed...

Originally Posted by Faint Dj3

Originally Posted by SleepyBlueDemon

Whats the best site for news and info updates?

I like androidcentral.com, honestly all the sites piggyback off everyone else lol. but also check out bgr.com  phandroid.com  androidandme.com  theverge.com

Damn all that, Download the Pulse app, and have all those in one.
pimp.gif
the best gotdamn app ever.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

AOKP on the One X
sick.gif
eek.gif

i loved web os if they can bring that into android it will be gameover for everyone else

Need honest suggestions fambs, got my one x right now but im meeting up with some dude from XDA on Sunday to buy his white GNex from him. Should i return my HOX and get my $600 cash back? Or keep both the HOX and Gnex? Or just the HOX? Or return HOX and wait for GS3? Decisions decisions
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NICKLE DIME BAY

Need honest suggestions fambs, got my one x right now but im meeting up with some dude from XDA on Sunday to buy his white GNex from him. Should i return my HOX and get my $600 cash back? Or keep both the HOX and Gnex? Or just the HOX? Or return HOX and wait for GS3? Decisions decisions
laugh.gif

pocket that 600 and wait to see if you want the s3 or not

Originally Posted by Tetsujin23

NDB- what's wrong with the OneX?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
man there's nothing wrong. I think I paid too much for it cuz I was excited. They're going for like 450 brand new online. I'm just weird dude, that white Gnex put a spell on me
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom