• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
HTC changed the end date for their trade in program from 3/31 to 4/26. Probably won't see the One hit shelves til early/mid April. The Z and s4 probably won't be around til May. The note 2 is becoming more and more attractive.

Thanks for the advice fambs. I think I'm gonna roll with the note 2. I have this horrible HTC sensation and it's time for me to upgrade from the problems is thing gives me. I like the HTC one but not having a removable battery suck. So Note 2 for me and the wife is gonna probably wait for the S4 but she having just as many issues with her G2X. I told her to wait for the HTC one but if I have a note she should have the s4.

Thanks for the advice fambs. I think I'm gonna roll with the note 2. I have this horrible HTC sensation and it's time for me to upgrade from the problems is thing gives me. I like the HTC one but not having a removable battery suck. So Note 2 for me and the wife is gonna probably wait for the S4 but she having just as many issues with her G2X. I told her to wait for the HTC one but if I have a note she should have the s4.

i havent read anything about the G2X in here for a couple years! lol that's the phone i'm still using :tongue:

for any tmobile people or people looking for a new plan...this actually looks GREAT. the question is... how much will phones be if the plan is that great?

for any tmobile people or people looking for a new plan...this actually looks GREAT. the question is... how much will phones be if the plan is that great?
can't you buy an unlocked from yourself on Craigslist or Ebay? and then just throw in the T-mobile SIM card?

can't you buy an unlocked from yourself on Craigslist or Ebay? and then just throw in the T-mobile SIM card?
yea i guess u could. but if ur in the market for a new phone (like me) then buying it unlocked will cost a FORTUNE. imagine the htc one or s4 unlocked....

I figured I'd ask my Android heads for their opinions on my situation.

I'm on the market looking for a good quality bluetooth headset for my Samsung GS3.

I've narrowed down my choices to the Jawbone Era or the BlueAnt Q2 and I wanted to know if any of you guys would recommend either one of the two. I'm open to hear other suggestions as well. I'm going to need clarity and quality in the headset that I'm going to settle with, so I wanted to get everyone's two cents.

Much appreciated fellas. :nerd:

-Drew
info on girl in your avy

Ashley Vee, bruh.

Anyone? :nerd:

I can tell you. You are going to be paying full price for a phone, no more upgrades. There are 2 choices, paying in full upfront, or setting up an equipment installment plan. Currently the EIP is 20 months, so for example if you get at $600 phone and pay $200 down, your EIP each month will be $20 for 20 months until the phone is paid off. I will expand on this in the coming days when all the changes go down. If this doesn't sound good to you and you are upgrade eligible on a classic plan, you better use that upgrade this week.

But if it does sound alright and you aren't wanting to be tied down to a contract, hold off.

Last edited:

I can tell you. You are going to be paying full price for a phone, no more upgrades. There are 2 choices, paying in full upfront, or setting up an equipment installment plan. Currently the EIP is 20 months, so for example if you get at $600 phone and pay $200 down, your EIP each month will be $20 for 20 months until the phone is paid off. I will expand on this in the coming days when all the changes go down. If this doesn't sound good to you and you are upgrade eligible on a classic plan, you better use that upgrade this week.

But if it does sound alright and you aren't wanting to be tied down to a contract, hold off.

My contract runs out in April. Should I just wait one month or should I threaten to leave, or what?

I'm waiting on this to go down and possibly cop a Nexus 4 from Google. I live in Dallas and T-mobile has great coverage all over DFW. If this works for T-mobile they might get back in to the game.

Last edited:
So for that new Tmo plan if you plan on doing the installment plan you're still under contract? Or is your "contract" the 20 month installment?

what if you're under a family plan ? i'm under a family plan at the moment but due for an upgrade. waiting on the htc one or s4 but how would that work for?

man WTF! ive been waiting for nearly a year to use my upgrade on some beastly phones when they drop. and now that the time is here, theyre about to stop using upgrades!? ive been with tmobile for 9 years. they better come correct when these phones drop...

man I'm just glad my two year contract with Sprint is up....I am just not sure which carrier to go with since I pay 59.99 a month with unlimited data (then again it's Sprint so the coverage sucks outside of the city).

only 500mg of high speed internet.....:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

at the end of the day, you will end up spending the same as if you were on a contract with the amounts they will charge for a REASONABLE amount of data per month.

Sprint aint no better.....with their shady *** $10 4G charge (even though they DONT make any wimax phones and saint louis DOESNT have LTE.....like WTF am i being charged for? )

But Sprint doesnt say that when they mention their prices.........smdh

only 500mg of high speed internet.....:smh::smh::smh::smh::smh:

at the end of the day, you will end up spending the same as if you were on a contract with the amounts they will charge for a REASONABLE amount of data per month.

Sprint aint no better.....with their shady *** $10 4G charge (even though they DONT make any wimax phones and saint louis DOESNT have LTE.....like WTF am i being charged for? )

But Sprint doesnt say that when they mention their prices.........smdh

$70 a month for unlimited everything, Verizon and AT&T can't offer that.

Just got a note ii after being an iphone user for 5 years. I was expecting a mind blowing experience but its really not all that different. I haven't played around with it too much but so far heres the main differences ive noticed

Pros
-Swype is cool as hell
-Widgets are nice to have
-Moving the cursor with the blue arrow is more convenient than iOS's magnifying glass...but less intuitive
-Screen size obviously
-vibration feedback while typing :pimp:
-S Pen is exactly like using a wacom tablet :pimp: :pimp: :pimp: cant wait to spend more time messing with it
-While typing this post I discovered the predictive text..not bad at all

Cons
-Swype is cool and all but I type way faster with auto correct on my iphone...anything like that on android?
-It doesn't feel like it has a quad core processor. Not that its necessary for anything I do with the phone but I just expected it to be faster

Any recommendations for the best browser? Messing with chrome right now. And how can I make the keyboard disappear after it pops up?

Any other tips for getting the most out of this beast?

Last edited:
$70 a month for unlimited everything, Verizon and AT&T can't offer that.

Att and vzw don't need to offer it. Fact of e matter is nobody uses voice min any more and ppl text less with twitter and text of data apps, when lte advance and voice over lte drops data is gonna be all that matters and more changes will come.

Back
Top Bottom