• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
[h1]Snapdragon 800-powered Pantech shows in benchmark, 10% better than Octa Galaxy S4[/h1]
by Robert Triggs  on May 27, 2013 7:55 am
[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]15[/color]

Snapdragon-800.jpg

Yet another rumor has appeared involving Qualcomm’s as of yet unreleased Snapdragon 800 processor, the successor to the already speedy Snapdragon 600, which powers handsets like the HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, and LG Optimus G Pro.

We recently heard that the next Oppo Find  handset could be using the chip, and some benchmarksappeared a couple of months ago suggesting that a future LG handset would also be running the latest Snapdragon, which produced some impressive initial test results.

The latest benchmark comes courtesy of the Japanese website RBMen, which has obtained results for Pantech’s currently unannounced IM-A880 smartphone. This could well be a successor to the Pantech Vega No 6, model number IM-A860, which used an older Snapdragon S4 Pro chip.

Anyway, now for the results. The phone scores an impressive 30133 in the Antutu benchmark when clocked at 2.1 GHz, which easily beats the older Snapdragon 600 chip and even outpaces Samsung’s Exynos 5 Octa Galaxy S4, which scored 25900 and 27417 in our own Antutu tests.

Percentage wise, we’re looking at around a 10% increase clock for clock over the Snapdragon 600, and a similar peak performance increase over our current benchmark leader, the Galaxy S4.  That’s not a huge performance improvement, but a decent enough one, considering that the Snapdragon 800 is an extension of the current generation of processors.

The Snapdragon 800 results would top our benchmarks, surpassing the Snapdragon 600 and Exynos 5 versions of the Galaxy S4 by a decent enough margin.

With the Snapdragon 800 expected to be hitting mass production  sometime soon, it’s not far fetched to expect a few leaks here and there, and the results are in line with the performance improvements expected over the Snapdragon 600.

Time will tell if these initial results turn out to be accurate, but, if they are, the Snapdragon 800 is set to be one fast chip.
[h1]Snapdragon 800 to power the Samsung Galaxy Note III[/h1]
28 May, 2013 | Comments (153)  | Post your comment

Tags: SamsungAndroidRumors

big1.jpg

The latest report coming from Samsung's homeland suggests the next Samsung Galaxy Note III will be powered by Qualcomm's top-notch Snapdragon 800 platform instead of the octa-core Exynos.

If this is true, Samsung either still has some troubles manufacturing its homebrew chipset or it just considers the Snapdragon 800 more powerful and probably cheaper. Unlike the Exynos chipset, the Snapdragon 800 platform has an embedded LTE radio, while Samsung needs a third-party hardware to enable LTE support on Exynos.

The Snapdragon 800 chipset has a quad-core Krait 400 processor that can be clocked up to 2.3GHz. Adreno 330 GPU is in charge of the graphics and it supports up to 4K video playback and recording. Snapdragon 800 also comes with a new generation LTE chip that supports category 4 (Up to 300Mbps downlink, up to 75Mbps uplink) and 7.1-channel sound.

Additionally, Samsung Galaxy Note III is rumored to pack at least 6" Super AMOLED display, 2+ GB of RAM, a 13+ MP camera and naturally, an S-Pen.

We expect Samsung to announce the Galaxy Note III at an UNPACKED event at IFA in Berlin this September and launch it soon after.

Source  | Via

Sounds good, fully expect Sony to incoporate this chip into their phone......right before everyone moves on to Tegra 4 and upcoming Octa-Cores.

Gotta question...my son's mother and I both have S3's on ATT but on hers, she can see Iphone's emojis but I can't on mine. They only show up as a lil box. She said it could be an app she downloaded but she's not sure. Anyone know why mine won't?

On my Note 2, I can only see the emojis if I am using the default font...any other font and the emojis will not show up...

Textra UI is clean. Hated GO SMS with annoying *** notifications and ads.

It does need a pop up feature but I just dled a popup app for now.

Last edited:
I finally made the switch from TouchWiz to CM10.1. It is much, much better.

You could argue that the TouchWiz features are nice, but, after a year, TouchWiz will be running an old version of Android and thus lacking some stock features.

The only issue is some minor bugs. But I'll gladly live with them to avoid having to put up with S This and S That.

Gotta question...my son's mother and I both have S3's on ATT but on hers, she can see Iphone's emojis but I can't on mine. They only show up as a lil box. She said it could be an app she downloaded but she's not sure. Anyone know why mine won't?

On my Note 2, I can only see the emojis if I am using the default font...any other font and the emojis will not show up...

Thanks man! That's exactly what it was!

I got chomp sms yesterday because the group SMS with Go SMS pro is too poor, I cant stand the double message thing and when multiple people are sending messages at once its a disaster. The one in Chomp was sending messages to their phones individually as opposed to the group so now I'm trying Textra which seems to work just the way I want it to. Chomp looks better though but I'll get over that.

Just discovered that Textra has that issue where you cant have emojis in a text that goes over one page, going back to chomp. My stock app supports group text so I'll just use that

Strange.

chomp and textra are developed by the same company.

Oh and questuon. I currently have my Google play music saved on my phone. How can I have it saved onto my SD card instead of my internal storage?

Last edited:
Last phone was iPhone 4 that was struggling after like 4 or 5 hours on :lol:

Feels like a whole new world

Holy guacamole...

You haven't been using your phone as much as I use my Galaxy Nexus on a regular basis but that's impressive.

My GNex has been struggling on the battery front lately.

What phone are you using? Sorry if I missed your new phone announcement previously.

Holy guacamole...

You haven't been using your phone as much as I use my Galaxy Nexus on a regular basis but that's impressive.

My GNex has been struggling on the battery front lately.

What phone are you using? Sorry if I missed your new phone announcement previously.

Thats the GS4

And yea it might be a bit skewed since it was just idle all through the night as I slept.

But like I said, coming from the iPhone 4 its an incredible improvement in terms of battery life.

I think the GS4 is going to be the winner if there's no Nexus 5 / Nexus 5 with no LTE.

But damn those speakers on the One are awesome.

I just have a sort of sour taste from my HTC Inspire "4G" and my friends' experiences with the Thunderbolt and Sensation. I just can't bring myself to get another HTC device that's not a Nexus.

I think the GS4 is going to be the winner if there's no Nexus 5 / Nexus 5 with no LTE.

But damn those speakers on the One are awesome.

I just have a sort of sour taste from my HTC Inspire "4G" and my friends' experiences with the Thunderbolt and Sensation. I just can't bring myself to get another HTC device that's not a Nexus.

Those phones aint even in the HTC One's league man.

BTW almost copped an S4 today just to try it out but i dont think im gonna get it.

[h1]Moto X to be the lead device for the new Motorola[/h1]

By Jerry Hildenbrand   | May 29 2013 | 7:25 pm  | 74 COMMENTS

motorola-wall-fixed.jpg

[h3]Motorola's X phone is finally confirmed, now all we need are the details[/h3]
Motorola CEO Dennis Woodside is speaking at D11, and he announced what many of us have been waiting to hear -- news of the Moto X. According to Woodside, who teases us by saying the phone is in his pocket but he can't show us, the Moto X will be a true game changer. Made in the USA, using all the APIs Google announced at Google I/O last month, the X is the lead device to show off the companies new direction.

He also was sure to mention that Motorola was ready to build high quality, low cost devices for emerging markets, but the X is not one of these. The X will be "more contextually aware. And you can interact with it in different ways." 

There's not much to go on here, but you can rest assured that we'll let you know as soon as we do.

Edit:  A lot of the talk was about how the X will be different. Specifically mentioned was the battery tech, which we all care about. The question was asked: "How can you fix it, [battery life] when everyone else has struggled with it so much? There are ways to improve it, but can you solve the underlying problem? How do you go about doing that?"

The answer:
I'll save the more detailed discussion for later. But your question about how you understand the change in state and optimized the battery — we have some of the best engineers, and they've created a system where there are two processors that are more aware.
So we can expect an all-new "smart" battery monitoring processor of some sort. I can't wait for the details on this!

Edit 2:  Motorola has also issued a mini press release, which you'll find after the break in its entirety. 

Via: The Verge
[h3]Moto X: The First Smartphone Assembled in the USA[/h3]
There are more than 130 million smartphones in use in the USA today and not one of them was assembled here...until now.

May 28, 2013  Danielle McNally

Today at the AllThingsD conference Dennis Woodside revealed how we are reinventing Motorola through a portfolio of products starting with Moto X, a new flagship smartphone that will be designed, engineered and assembled in the USA. We’re not talking about just a handful of units either -- available this summer, every Moto X sold in the USA will be assembled in Fort Worth, Texas, making it the first smartphone ever assembled domestically.

There were a few reasons why we decided to do this. There are several business advantages to having our Illinois and California-based designers and engineers much closer to our factory. For instance, we’ll be able to iterate on design much faster, create a leaner supply chain, respond much more quickly to purchasing trends and demands, and deliver devices to people here much more quickly. And as a part of Google we’re being encouraged to take big bets on things that make a difference.

We still have a network of global operations, and that won’t change. Our global manufacturing partner remains Flextronics and we’ll continue to assemble devices locally in China and Brazil. But Flextronics is busy looking for people for the new Fort Worth facility now. If you’re interested, we encourage you tocheck the available positions and apply.

This is an incredibly exciting time to be in the mobile device industry. Our role in inventing the mobile phone is well known. We’re happy to be shaping its future as well.

HTC One “Google Edition” Confirmed by Sundar Pichai, Available June 26 for $599

by: Kellex | posted 05.30.13 | News

Sundar Pichai is on stage at D11 this morning, and right out of the gate announced that they will sell an HTC One “Google Edition” through Google Play on June 26 for $599. This device was rumored and denied and rumored again shortly after Samsung and Google announced their “Nexus Experience” edition of the Galaxy S4 at I/O, but over the last week, rumors picked up that HTC would indeed be offering a similar experience on their newest flagship. Today, that rumor is confirmed.

Update: Hugo Barra just confirmed it on G+ as well, along with the beautiful image of it at the top of this post.

Speaking to Walt Mossberg at D11 this morning, Google's Sundar Pichai confirmed that there is indeed a stock Android version of the HTC One coming soon and will be fully unlocked for T-Mobile and AT&T at the solid price of $599. It'll go on sale in the Google Play Store on June 26th, the same date as its counterpart, the Samsung Galaxy S 4 stock edition. The new version of the device -- which will be sold in the US initially -- will come SIM-unlocked, with an unlocked bootloader and 32GB storage. In terms of radios, it will offer quadband LTE (700/850/AWS/1900), triband HSPA+ (850/1900/2100) and the usual quadband GSM / EDGE.

HTC One with stock OS for $599. Not bad.

This is actually the best Nexus media device since it offers the most internal storage.

Last edited:
[h1]Google, HTC Announce Stock Android HTC One For $599, Available June 26th[/h1]

Oh HTC One fans, the “Google Edition” HTC One is officially officially…it’s really real and its coming on June 26th via Google Play for $599. The device will work on both AT&T and T-Mobile, just like its Samsung Galaxy S 4 counter-party announced at Google’s I/O conference. HTC is calling it the “HTC One with Nexus User Experience” and will come in 32GB sizing SIM-unlocked, with an unlocked bootloader. According to the HTC Blog, the HTC One Nexus User Experience does not have the 1700 band on AWS HSPA+ so T-Mobile customers in refarmed areas will be better suited for this device.
Response to the HTC One has been phenomenal with reviewers praising the gorgeous design and innovative features. We’ve paired the stunning all-metal unibody with innovative HTC Sense features and the result is something truly remarkable.

Now, we’re excited to offer HTC fans and admirers alike a new experience on what we think is the best hardware available today. Starting June 26, Google will offer a special edition of the HTC One with a “Nexus user experience” through the Google Play store.

This special edition device, priced at $599, will be available in the United States (initially) and supported on GSM networks. Out of the box, this special edition HTC One will run Android 4.2.2 with subsequent software updates provided by Google.

same as reported above with some spec info

To yall dudes who buy and sell phones at retail $... How much do you say you "lose" because of it? opposed to buying the phone with contract every 22 months @ $199 or w.e?

Back
Top Bottom