• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yup, just asked them as well. Told me it has to be used on a prepaid plan for 6 months before it can be used on a postpaid plan.

gotta love Verizon, big reason not to do CDMA

Yea I think they must have finally moved it to the official app now or something.

Yea, leave it to VZW to screw up a good thing like that Moto G.

bro... that moto g is :pimp: :Hat

google trying to rustle jimmies out here... hahaha...

gonna pass on it though..

might get the nexus 5 after income tax...

I'm thinking about getting the nexus 5 too. This HTC one battery is on struggle mode. I downloaded that evolve sms and I'm liking it. Is the popup reply working for you guys? That's one feature I really liked about textra.

Want to know if this is possible since I am in need of a new phone with my S3 acting up. Was going to pass by my local T mobile store and pick up the N5 with T mobile offering .
 Pay today $0.00
+$16.50 per month for 24 months* Total Cost +$396.00
But I will pay everything off next month. My brother has an account with T mobile so was just going to add a line and then cancel it when I am done paying the $396.00. Whats my pros and cons with doing this. Also I will be using my AT&T sim card.

Fast forward 

I went to the T-Mobile and talk with the rep. Dude told me that I would not have to put anything down for the phone this month(for T-mobile payment plan). That I will just have to start paying next month. My issue is that the phone will not be unlocked when I purchase it and that I have to wait two payments for T-mobile to unlock the phone(So I have to wait until next month). T-mobile does not have 2 yr contracts but I will need to place the phone on a plan that is $30 talk and unlimited data for $20. To be paid off next month. Not sure if I want to pay a extra $50 to use T-mobile network for a month when I just want to use the phone on AT&T network. Thinking about calling the call center the see if they can work something out for me. If not I will wait until next month and next day ship the N5 for $20.

Any thoughts?

Want to know if this is possible since I am in need of a new phone with my S3 acting up. Was going to pass by my local T mobile store and pick up the N5 with T mobile offering .
But I will pay everything off next month. My brother has an account with T mobile so was just going to add a line and then cancel it when I am done paying the $396.00. Whats my pros and cons with doing this. Also I will be using my AT&T sim card.

Fast forward 

I went to the T-Mobile and talk with the rep. Dude told me that I would not have to put anything down for the phone this month(for T-mobile payment plan). That I will just have to start paying next month. My issue is that the phone will not be unlocked when I purchase it and that I have to wait two payments for T-mobile to unlock the phone(So I have to wait until next month). T-mobile does not have 2 yr contracts but I will need to place the phone on a plan that is $30 talk and unlimited data for $20. To be paid off next month. Not sure if I want to pay a extra $50 to use T-mobile network for a month when I just want to use the phone on AT&T network. Thinking about calling the call center the see if they can work something out for me. If not I will wait until next month and next day ship the N5 for $20.

Any thoughts?
All Nexus Devices are unlocked from day one because Google. If your just gonna use the phone on ATT then just buy one from google.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_16GB_White?id=nexus_5_white_16gb&hl=en

All Nexus Devices are unlocked from day one because Google. If your just gonna use the phone on ATT then just buy one from google.

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details/Nexus_5_16GB_White?id=nexus_5_white_16gb&hl=en
I will not have the money until next month. That why I was thinking about just waiting until then to get the nexus 5. And just pay the extra $20 for next day delivery.

If all Nexus devices are unlocked now that changes everything. 

I will not have the money until next month. That why I was thinking about just waiting until then to get the nexus 5. And just pay the extra $20 for next day delivery.

If all Nexus devices are unlocked now that changes everything. 
I would say charge it for next month but I dont know your situation. Still you can only grab a phone on the $50 and up plan.

I would say charge it for next month but I dont know your situation. Still you can only grab a phone on the $50 and up plan.
Well if you say the Nexus phones are unlocked at day one then I can purchase the phone today. Pay $30 extra for the talk plan, switch my sim card into the phone, and pay everything off next month. My business mind say just wait that $30 but my college mind says I wont see that money come All Star Break.

hmmm still thinking on it.

Well if you say the Nexus phones are unlocked at day one then I can purchase the phone today. Pay $30 extra for the talk plan, switch my sim card into the phone, and pay everything off next month. My business mind say just wait that $30 but my college mind says I wont see that money come All Star Break.

hmmm still thinking on it.
If your brother doesnt have any phones on EIP just get the phone on his line (if he would allow you).

If your brother doesnt have any phones on EIP just get the phone on his line (if he would allow you).
Don't know what EIP means but are u saying just purchase the phone on his line. Then have him still use his phone on his line while I place the my sim card in the N5?

I looked up EIP and looks like a winner since I was going to do that with adding an extra line on the account. If he is still able to use the EIP after me then I'm down with that. He was talking about getting the Note 3.

Last edited:
Fellas, am I better off hopping on that T-Mobile deal that was just posted instead of fixing my N5 now with the cracked screen...

Its going to cost me $150 for the screen replacement... Is it worth it?

Idk who to believe.

I just got my Spigen NEO Hybrid case, I love it. The phone is still thin enough to fit in most pockets and feels really sturdy. I can never put screen protectors on correctly though
mean.gif

I was messing around with my phone and noticed that music was only playing out of the left speaker and started flipping out thinking that I broke it and then found out that only the left side is a speaker and the right side is the microphone
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I'm sure it's been discussed, but what's the word on the Galaxy S5?

Any articles? release date?

I believe it's gonna be unveiled at the Mobile World Congress which is next month I think. So an April release overseas is most likely to happen. So it should be out in the states around summer and fall

I'm about to list my GNex on eBay, is it better to sell it whilst rooted with CM on it, or should I try and get it back to 100% stock (which I dont even know how to do really but I found guides). Anyone have advice?

Back
Top Bottom