• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well the N6 doesn't have multiwindow. The guy who brought it up was saying why can't google implement something so simple to vanilla android.

Last edited:
Was just stopping by
I'm deploying to Qatar and Germany was our quick stop for fuel.

[COLOR=#red]Ramstein was the stop in Germany. You must be going to Al-Udeid AFB in Qatar...I had to stay there in between trips in Afghanistan...man that's like club med when it comes to deployments...Wifi everywhere, a real DFAC, a mini mall, and if you're allowed offpost there's that huge mall in Doha.[/COLOR]

Well guys finally a part of the Note 4 family. Wasn't planning on getting it, but me and the lady switched from VZW to T-Mobile today and in order to get the ETF fees taken care of had to get the new phone. But for unlimited data and 5 GB of hotspot for a little less than what we were paying for VZW it seemed like the right move. Plus we each got a free year of Netflix which is clutch as well.

Always had black phones before but decided to switch it up and get the icy white one. Also got a $100 worth of accessories for free so I picked up the Samsung wine colored flip window case as well. T-Mobile hooked it up for real with me trading in my N3 and the lady's S4 only ended up paying $36 out the door with two free phone cases.
pimp.gif

8 years with VZW hopefully I won't regret the switch as far as service, but that WiFi calling should alleviate that somewhat.

Last edited:
Well guys finally a part of the Note 4 family. Wasn't planning on getting it, but me and the lady switched from VZW to T-Mobile today and in order to get the ETF fees taken care of had to get the new phone. But for unlimited data and 5 GB of hotspot for a little less than what we were paying for VZW it seemed like the right move. Plus we each got a free year of Netflix which is clutch as well.

Always had black phones before but decided to switch it up and get the icy white one. Also got a $100 worth of accessories for free so I picked up the Samsung wine colored flip window case as well. T-Mobile hooked it up for real with me trading in my N3 and the lady's S4 only ended up paying $36 out the door with two free phone cases. :pimp:

8 years with VZW hopefully I won't regret the switch as far as service, but that WiFi calling should alleviate that somewhat.

:pimp:

Bout to try out this unlimited tethering work around

Oneplus One getting lollipop next month?

Still want a bamboo swap cover. Dunno if I should wait for a probably US announcement or to eBay one from China.

Im going to the philipines from california...theres no way i can use the internet without gettin billed crazy right? Make sure my phone is in airplane mode unless im for sure in a wifi zone right?

Im going to the philipines from california...theres no way i can use the internet without gettin billed crazy right? Make sure my phone is in airplane mode unless im for sure in a wifi zone right?

If you got T-Mo you might be good. Either way you should check with your carrier. If you're traveling, carriers have been known to unlock phones so that you can pick up a local SIM card and use that instead.

I rooted my VZW S3 with towel root awhile back last night I decided to update to 4.4...unrooted with superuser downloaded the update but I keep getting an error when I try to install :nerd:

I rooted my VZW S3 with towel root awhile back last night I decided to update to 4.4...unrooted with superuser downloaded the update but I keep getting an error when I try to install :nerd:

Make sure that you have a recent version of the recovery tool you use (cwm, twrp, phil, etc.) and that your phone is on the correct baseband. Read the thread that you got the ROM from and check if anyone else has had the same issue.

If you can't get anything installed, there's a chance that the download you have is corrupt, or your phone was softbricked in some other way. Since you have a Samsung device, you will most likely have to use ODIN to restore to a factory image. Once your device is restored to the factory image, you should be able to update through settings > ... > check for updates.

So for some reason my temporary number is still showing up after I ported my old number from VZW to T-Mobile, any solution. I received the text that said it changed to the old one but every time I go to sign in to an app that I had my number linked to (like Waze) it's showing the temp number. My gf's phone had no issues and ported over fine, could it be a sim card issue?

So for some reason my temporary number is still showing up after I ported my old number from VZW to T-Mobile, any solution. I received the text that said it changed to the old one but every time I go to sign in to an app that I had my number linked to (like Waze) it's showing the temp number. My gf's phone had no issues and ported over fine, could it be a sim card issue?
Try turning off the phone, take the SIM out, turn the phone back on (no SIM inserted), give it a few minutes, then, turn it off, put the SIM back in, and turn it on. 

ASUS-ZenFone-2-color-line-up-2.png

ASUS  just wrapped up its press conference at CES, with two new phones for us to talk about. To kick it off, the company announced the followup to last year’s Zenfone, appropriately named, the Zenfone 2. The device, in terms of specs, is better in almost every way than what we saw last year, featuring a 5.5″ Full HD IPS display, 13MP rear-facing camera, and a 2.3GHz 64-bit Intel Atom processor with 4GB of RAM. 

As announced during its livestream, the Zenfone 2 is now the world’s first smartphone with 4GB of RAM. ASUS also introduced a new UI for the device, which users are able to customize with different colors and icons.

The Zenfone 2 will be available in February for $199 in an assortment of different colors.

On top of the Zenfone 2, ASUS also introduced the Zenfone Zoom. Much like the Zenfone 2, the Zoom features a 5.5″ display, but the main difference is the massive camera along the backside of the device. The Zoom has a 13MP rear-facing camera with 3X optical zoom. The device’s rear camera features a 10-element lens design with up to 12X digital zoom for even finer close-up detail. The Zoom also features OIS for shake-free photos, coupled with laser auto-focus for sharp images.

The Zenfone Zoom is priced at $499, with launch scheduled for sometime in Q2.

Only thing im worried about this phone is that it doesnt have mirror or dlna, not that it is a big deal. do i need dlna or mirror to use chromecast or amazon fire stick with phones?

I'm having issues with the camera on my note 4. Seems like the front facing camera isn't as clear as it's supposed to be, the quality is much poorer than normal. I forced stopped the app to see if it helped but it didn't.

Only thing I'm really weary of with the Zenphone is the software side of things. Hardware these days can last someone 3 years easily, but if the phone's OS isn't getting updates, the phone will get rendered obsolete.

Last edited:
Try turning off the phone, take the SIM out, turn the phone back on (no SIM inserted), give it a few minutes, then, turn it off, put the SIM back in, and turn it on. 

Tried this but no dice. I'll give it a few days then take it to the store to see if they can fix it.

Back
Top Bottom