• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been trying them for the last half hour. They all have holes within them. The main issue is how tiny the music control buttons are on the lock screen. It should just take up top of the lock screen.

Maybe it's different per app cause with Google play music it's bad.

^ give poweramp a try, it has lock screen controls.

using da volume keys as next and back buttons>>> lock screen controls tho
pimp.gif
I keep all my music in the Google Play cloud. I really should get a bigger SD card but I just haven't gotten around to it cause I have TMobile and all the streaming is free.

Can someone explain the advantages of using the WhatsApp, app over regular group texting?

1. Photos aren't as compressed as they are in regular texting
2. Shows you when someone is typing so you don't interrupt each other
3. Uses very little data unless you are sending huge video files.
4. Messages send instantly, and only requires a wifi connection or even moderately fast data speeds
5. Can have a maximum of 256 members in one group
6. Can have groups with people overseas

does this apply to groupme as well?

If I were to get a 6P, I would need a nano SIM. Do I just go to a T-Mobile store and ask for one?

Yes, some try to charge you but you should be able to get one no charge. Look for the 3 in 1 sim kit.

:smh: some don't charge really? and there is a 3 in 1 kit? wow i've been getting had this whole time...

Is rare the time you get someone to give it up free. Then this ******* want $16 bucks when you can just go to BestBuy and buy a started kit for 5 bucks.

One of the biggest problems I have with Android is the lack of a unified messaging system.

The hardest thing is getting people onboard with a messaging ecosystem. Whether it's WhatsApp, Telegram, Hangouts, Line, GroupMe, or whatever... people gotta create new accounts and then you gotta get everyone on the same page.

Me and the group were using Hangouts for the longest time but then a couple of them wanted to switch over to Slack. Slack is cool for group messaging, but it blows for individual chats... It drives me crazy. I gotta open up three to four messaging apps to get my messages sent out (SMS, Hangouts, FB Messenger, Slack) :smh:

Can someone explain the advantages of using the WhatsApp, app over regular group texting?
1. Photos aren't as compressed as they are in regular texting
2. Shows you when someone is typing so you don't interrupt each other
3. Uses very little data unless you are sending huge video files.
4. Messages send instantly, and only requires a wifi connection or even moderately fast data speeds
5. Can have a maximum of 256 members in one group
6. Can have groups with people overseas
does this apply to groupme as well?

If I were to get a 6P, I would need a nano SIM. Do I just go to a T-Mobile store and ask for one?
Yes, some try to charge you but you should be able to get one no charge. Look for the 3 in 1 sim kit.

mean.gif
some don't charge really? and there is a 3 in 1 kit? wow i've been getting had this whole time...
1. It should, although I've never actually used groupme

2. Sim cards are free, at most $1 if the guy working there is a punk

One of the biggest problems I have with Android is the lack of a unified messaging system.

The hardest thing is getting people onboard with a messaging ecosystem. Whether it's WhatsApp, Telegram, Hangouts, Line, GroupMe, or whatever... people gotta create new accounts and then you gotta get everyone on the same page.

Me and the group were using Hangouts for the longest time but then a couple of them wanted to switch over to Slack. Slack is cool for group messaging, but it blows for individual chats... It drives me crazy. I gotta open up three to four messaging apps to get my messages sent out (SMS, Hangouts, FB Messenger, Slack)
mean.gif
I recently moved to iPhone, and the same exact issues exist. Unless everyone in your group has an iPhone, you still have to herd the sheep to get them to get on a single platform. Getting close to 15 dudes to agree on a single app was not easy 
mean.gif

Me and the group were using Hangouts for the longest time but then a couple of them wanted to switch over to Slack. Slack is cool for group messaging, but it blows for individual chats... It drives me crazy. I gotta open up three to four messaging apps to get my messages sent out (SMS, Hangouts, FB Messenger, Slack) :smh:

agreed. the fact i have to use pushbullet for texting via my phone is dumb. if ur texting via iphone, it goes thru as imessage if receiver is iphone, or regular sms/mms if not iphone. why the **** is that so hard google? i should be able to hit the hangouts button in chrome and text my peoples direct, google user or not.

google needs to man up, reign in their open source approach a bit, and give the people what they want. stop with the flim flam.

android-distribution-february-2016.jpg

like cmon..

Last edited:
I recently moved to iPhone, and the same exact issues exist. Unless everyone in your group has an iPhone, you still have to herd the sheep to get them to get on a single platform. Getting close to 15 dudes to agree on a single app was not easy :smh:

naw you're right b, but still... if I could combine the group chat features of Slack, the ubiquity of Facebook Messenger, and the simplicity of iMessage/Google Chat... that'd be the gawd of messaging platforms.

Thanks fam any other tips to help get me together for the nexus 6p this is my first time ever using stock android I'm been using Samsung the past 4 years.

NP. Snapseed for post editing photos. ES File Explorer for file management and pron video management (encryption).
Umm..popcorntime app for movies and videoder to download YouTube vids and or audio.

I recently moved to iPhone, and the same exact issues exist. Unless everyone in your group has an iPhone, you still have to herd the sheep to get them to get on a single platform. Getting close to 15 dudes to agree on a single app was not easy :smh:

naw you're right b, but still... if I could combine the group chat features of Slack, the ubiquity of Facebook Messenger, and the simplicity of iMessage/Google Chat... that'd be the gawd of messaging platforms.

Times like this I wish I was better at coding :smh:

Anyone here get their G4 in a bootloop recently? Happened to my buddy today and he has to ship his in to LG to get it repaired. Seems like it's a common issue

Some stores will lie and say they don't have them cause they don't wanna give out sim cards. If anything go to Best buy

LOL it's funny because the sprint store did this to me, so I had to end up going to best buy. I've been with sprint since 01 I'm too lazy to switch carriers :smh:

LOL it's funny because the sprint store did this to me, so I had to end up going to best buy. I've been with sprint since 01 I'm too lazy to switch carriers :smh:
Same thing with me and Sprint every store I went to said they don't have any. Even when I asked best buy the first time the lady insisted to me that Sprint didn't use sim cards and I don't need one. I had to go into the store myself and give them a SKU to get one

If I had Verizon, the Droid Turbo 2 would be my next purchase.

I can look around the house and I have between 9-11 phones with broken screen man.

Team Naked sucks .... just hate cases!

Back
Top Bottom