Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Been trying to activate for the past hour

So apparently bestbuy did something on their end to not activate the phone until the 23rd.

Called verizon and thats what they told me and it took them forever to even find my order from BB, my order number nor IMEI even showed up in VZW system. Had to give my social and it showed up then.

So since im porting a number from AT&T to VZW, BestBuy set up a timeframe of some sort to make sure that it goes thru. Well i would think thats the reason why the VZW lady called me tuesday to confirm the transfer from AT&T, also would think since VZW is the carrier they can overrid that bull**** and turn it on.

Unf****** believable >:

Last edited:
Was going to ask if you order from Best buy, same situation happened to me when I bought the Moto z from them. For some reason they post date the activation, even though you pick it up in store. Pissed me off too, but there was nothing I could do. Had to rock my Nexus 5 a little longer

got my phone today... couldnt activate it so i had to call verizon and they set me up quick... i didnt really play with the phone because im too busy transferring my data... but the screen looks dope and i love the feel of the phone... doesnt feel like a brick like i thought when i just saw pics online...cant wait to actually try everything out and set up everything like my apps, ringtone, wallpaper, and launcher and small stuff like that... 1 thing im heated about is my tempered glass screen protector... its so trash... it was only 10 bucks but still...it has the rainbow effect in the middle of the screen... you can only tell when the display is off but still :smh:

and the no home button is throwing me off... i have to get use to it... im use to going to my home screen or turning on my phone with the home button :lol:

Last edited:
for those trying to activate for VZW, i had the same issue where mine would activate. what I had to do was log into my vzw account and avtivate it there first, then everything went smooth as butter

Easiest way to redeem VR is the Shop Samsung app from your new S8 or S8+

I tried to buy the $99 joint and it says my promo was already claimed. Thing in my cart says $579... Been on hold with support for 40 mins now.

Last edited:

I tried to buy the $99 joint and it says my promo was already claimed. Thing in my cart says $579... Been on hold with support for 40 mins now.
thanks. just redeems mines

for those trying to activate for VZW, i had the same issue where mine would activate. what I had to do was log into my vzw account and avtivate it there first, then everything went smooth as butter

Im a new customer so i dont have that option

Cant cuz i cant access my mac address. I got the IMEI but i guess i need the MAC too .. ugh

This phone makes me feel like I NEED a screen protector. Jesus, you drop this thing it's a wrap seems like.

This phone makes me feel like I NEED a screen protector. Jesus, you drop this thing it's a wrap seems like.

thats for any phone though not just the galaxy... i rather have a screen protector then go naked and drop it and have to pay to fix the screen

The gorilla glass is really good quality. I haven't gotten a screen protector since my Note 5 and I've dropped each of the past galaxy phones a few times. Not going to bother with those tempered glass protectors, I'll wait until a slick deal on one of the film ones though to reduce fingerprints. Side note, case makes the fingerprint button feel a lot less awkward figuring out where it is. 

Last edited:
For those with the s8 or s8+ how is the fingerprint scanner, iris scanner and face unlock features ? I wanna know how u guys feel about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom