• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What a ******* day. Went to best buy, they said my order wasnt ready and probably will be ready tomorrow or sunday. Then they said it got cancelled. I just got fed up and went to an att store across the street and copped. Sucks that i missed out on the BB price and the free vr. I got the s3 gear frontier for 50 bucks with an att promo tho. Im exhausted now lol.

I usually never have problems dealing with bestbuy for anything but man after having to wait 4 days before i can even use my phone, im like :rolleyes :smh: if i ever want to order a phone from them again.

I would have been heated if i chose store pickup, cuz those BBs are either 2 hours one way and 3 another from me. We would have planned stuff to do in those towns but still :smh:

And it's well-known that Samsung likes to get on their Shang Tsung when it comes to Google apps.

Samsungs-ecosystem2.jpg

if yall wanna make your S8 real fast, then:

First you need to enable developer options. Go to 
Settings > About phone > Software information
 and tap on 
Build number
 seven times. Back up to the main Settings menu and you’ll see 
Developer options
 at the bottom.

Scroll down until you see the options called Window animation scale and Transition animation scale. Turn both of these options off to get a snappier feeling phone (if you want to see what they do, put them at 10x and navigate around a little).

Not trying to attack you, but this has to be one of the oldest Android "performance tricks" ever :lol:

if yall wanna make your S8 real fast, then:

First you need to enable developer options. Go to 
Settings > About phone > Software information
 and tap on 
Build number
 seven times. Back up to the main Settings menu and you’ll see 
Developer options
 at the bottom.

Scroll down until you see the options called Window animation scale and Transition animation scale. Turn both of these options off to get a snappier feeling phone (if you want to see what they do, put them at 10x and navigate around a little).

Not trying to attack you, but this has to be one of the oldest Android "performance tricks" ever :lol:

Yeah I can't think of anything older :lol:

Dug out the old email, took this with the Note 4

Open in new tab

FBZcBmF.jpg

teZw6tH.jpg

EywYqGT.jpg

Not sure how else to get the pics on other than hosting on imgur, NT wasnt gonna take anything over 2MB

Last edited:
Oh yea. Whatever you do. DO NOT UPDATE YOUR S8.
You'll lose bixby button remapping and face/eye scanning. Also your WiFi speeds will be janky. Just a heads up.

Not a falcons fan but that is pretty sweet.

I always wanted to use a pic for aod on my S7 edge but I worried about battery life
i thought aod uses very little battery life? does adding a picture change that?

I love the s8 so far. The fingerprint reader is not bad but then again I have a case. So I know where to press. And the iris scanner is really quick I might just use that. My only gripe is I can't find the Google voice search shortcut anywhere. I use that thing for getting directions and calling places smh

Or you can just set up ok Google voice command.

I love the s8 so far. The fingerprint reader is not bad but then again I have a case. So I know where to press. And the iris scanner is really quick I might just use that. My only gripe is I can't find the Google voice search shortcut anywhere. I use that thing for getting directions and calling places smh

Or you can just set up ok Google voice command.

ya but i dont want that whole google setup... i just want the standalone microphone shortcut... i had it on my s7 but i forgot how i got it there....right now i got a work around though gestures on nova launcher where i tap the home button and google voice comes up

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom