• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
PR staff were handling the phone. Too many tries so it locked the phone requiring him to have to use a pin

made the leap and copped the note 8 last weekend and mannnn, i love this phone!! Was a little apprehensive making the switch from iOS to android but man has it been such an easy transition. Been rocking with apple since the 3G, but no more, peace iphone. Things the new samsungs get knocked for like the bixby button (just remapped it to control volume mute) and fingerprint placement don't even bother me. really happy with this phone

made the leap and copped the note 8 last weekend and mannnn, i love this phone!! Was a little apprehensive making the switch from iOS to android but man has it been such an easy transition. Been rocking with apple since the 3G, but no more, peace iphone. Things the new samsungs get knocked for like the bixby button (just remapped it to control volume mute) and fingerprint placement don't even bother me. really happy with this phone
Welcome to the fam my dude and congrats :pimp:

Maybe I'm just an idiot. But is there a fool proof way of recording so that it stays recorded horizontal. Obviously I am holding the camera horizontal when I'm recording but when I go to watch, it shows as if it is vertical.

The orientation is vertical as in seeing the black sides when I upload them to the computer, but the video is recording horizontally. I'm probably not explaining it well but if anyone has this issue also please let me know. I hope to not be the only one out there that runs into this.

Good looking out with the bxactions. I used to as next track button, but the phone has to be on. Still like it though. This thread moved so fast sometimes I wonder what tidbits I've missed.

What made you make the switch? I think it's super tough for a iPhone user to make the switch because of how comfortable they get with iOS. The interconnection between a macbook and an iPhone is really convenient. iMessage and facetime as well.

What do you like about the Note 8 that your iPhone couldn't do?

What made you make the switch? I think it's super tough for a iPhone user to make the switch because of how comfortable they get with iOS. The interconnection between a macbook and an iPhone is really convenient. iMessage and facetime as well.

What do you like about the Note 8 that your iPhone couldn't do?

i had the iphone 6 and the battery was gone, so I needed a new phone.I already knew I wasn't going to get another iphone. had the 3g, 4s and 6, was bored with iphone, wanted something new. Out of all the phones I looked at i kept coming back to the Note 8, the look and design of the phone grabbed me. For me iOS felt real limiting especially after knowing what it could do when jailbroken. Iphone is the only apple device I owned so the interconnection you can do with their products was no concern for me. Did think about losing facetime but then I thought about how much I used and it was hardly ever, if at all. Its been a easy switch, much easier than I thought.

i like the user customization you can do with the note 8 (android) over the Iphone (iOS).
how the OS is integrated itself and of course the S-pen

Last edited:
i had the iphone 6 and the battery was gone, so I needed a new phone.I already knew I wasn't going to get another iphone. had the 3g, 4s and 6, was bored with iphone, wanted something new. Out of all the phones I looked at i kept coming back to the Note 8, the look and design of the phone grabbed me. For me iOS felt real limiting especially after knowing what it could do when jailbroken. Iphone is the only apple device I owned so the interconnection you can do with their products was no concern for me. Did think about losing facetime but then I thought about how much I used and it was hardly ever, if at all. Its been a easy switch, much easier than I thought.

i like the user customization you can do with the note 8 (android) over the Iphone (iOS).
how the OS is integrated itself and of course the S-pen

What sort of customization do you get out of the Note that you didn’t have on an iPhone.

This is me genuinely asking. I switched this year from always having an android device to finally trying the iPhone. I like both and see the pros and cons in both. Ultimately I think my next phone will be an android just to switch things up again. So I like hearing different takes.

What sort of customization do you get out of the Note that you didn’t have on an iPhone.

This is me genuinely asking. I switched this year from always having an android device to finally trying the iPhone. I like both and see the pros and cons in both. Ultimately I think my next phone will be an android just to switch things up again. So I like hearing different takes.

i really like how i can theme and change different elements of the phone such as icons and widgets without the need of a jailbreak. Right now i have app which allows you to have the same swipe actions as the iphoneX. Another app that allows you to adjust the brightness by sliding your finger up and down the edge of the screen, little things like that. Being able to download files and apps from the Internet. i really like the UI of the Note 8/android. I like how the control center and notification center are one with the ability to select which system toggles you want. Multitasking with the ability to run 2 apps at once is great.

feels like everything i would jailbreak my iphone for is already on this phone or in the play store

i really like how i can theme and change different elements of the phone such as icons and widgets without the need of a jailbreak. Right now i have app which allows you to have the same swipe actions as the iphoneX. Another app that allows you to adjust the brightness by sliding your finger up and down the edge of the screen, little things like that. Being able to download files and apps from the Internet. i really like the UI of the Note 8/android. I like how the control center and notification center are one with the ability to select which system toggles you want. Multitasking with the ability to run 2 apps at once is great.

feels like everything i would jailbreak my iphone for is already on this phone or in the play store

Yea I get you totally. I'm not the customization type. I'm very simple and always usually keep things stock. The biggest thing that I really liked about my old note was 1) the multitasking ability. I find it insane that my Note 3 was able to have multiple apps running on the screen, while an iPhone never could do this. I wonder why apple never wanted this. Also the notification lights are clutch. Another thing I don't get why apple never implemented. Notification/control center being one was great too. I remember the first time using an iPhone being really annoyed at the separation.

If these bums at android could make a texting system that isn't using SMS, it would be a wrap.

I've been on Android since the note3. If Apple added captive buttons I would probably switch. Being able to imessage pics to my wife of our daughter would be a blessing.

What's this brightness bar app and what's the app to swipe up like the iPhone 10

If these bums at android could make a texting system that isn't using SMS, it would be a wrap.

I know what you meant, but "at android" made me laugh :lol:

The thing is, they (Google) have. Multiple times :lol:

The issue is more complicated than whether or not they've made it and the hold up has, if I'm not mistaken; boiled down to them giving so much freedom in the early days of Android OS that almost any effort of unification becomes liable for an anti-competition lawsuit.

Because of that, all of their attempts just go to the Play Store to sit next to dozens of other optional messaging apps instead of being right in your face when you boot your phone up for the first time.

It's called Google Allo, it's a iMessage/whatsapp compieiter. Me my friends use it but there are alot of chat apps. Some good some bad. Allo is decent it's has built in Google assistant feature that's clutch.

So I'm 2 weeks in on the Pixel 2 XL

It's my work phone and it replaced a iPhone 7 plus and a I carry a Note 8 as my personal.

Head to head I still prefer the Note but it's personal preference. I think it's 300 off on Verizon and it's a steal at that price IMO

Battery is a little better than the Note and the double speakers is something I didn't realize how much I liked.

Also, I can't figure out why it's so much lighter than any larger phone ever.

What's this brightness bar app and what's the app to swipe up like the iPhone 10

1.VolumeSlider for brightness control
2. All In one Gestures for the swipes, but it ask for some wild permissions to observe the text you type, it reads "This includes personal data such as credit card numbers and passwords." Did not read through them all the first time. I liked how it worked but I removed it

Good looks on the first one. I may get the pro version that allows more sections. I had to put it on the top right so it wouldn't interfere with a similar app. Man I swear, android is killing iPhone and it's due to little stuff like this.

So I'm 2 weeks in on the Pixel 2 XL

It's my work phone and it replaced a iPhone 7 plus and a I carry a Note 8 as my personal.

Head to head I still prefer the Note but it's personal preference. I think it's 300 off on Verizon and it's a steal at that price IMO

Battery is a little better than the Note and the double speakers is something I didn't realize how much I liked.

Also, I can't figure out why it's so much lighter than any larger phone ever.

What would you say is faster/snappier? Every Samsung I've had lags/and at times a app takes a few seconds to open up

Back
Top Bottom