• U.S. Cellular

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Straight Talk

• Other

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As a long time android user that switched to iphone last year for the 1st time since 2011, Ill say iphone is still missing alot of basic functionalities. In regards to messaging on iphone, did you know you cant search an individual contacts messages.? For example, sometimes I need to reference a text someone sent a few months ago. But instead of being able to search within that specific contacts messaages, Ill have to search every contacts messages and get everyones results. Thats like wanting to search amazon for a product but getting results like a google search. There are so many basic functionalities missing from iphone. Its trash!!!

as a longtime Android head, what are some other things you like/dislike about iPhone?

I've been an Android head since 2011, and strictly Samsung since 2017. I'm getting kinda bored with them tho and itching to try something new. Contemplating getting my first iPhone in the spring :nerd:

as a longtime Android head, what are some other things you like/dislike about iPhone?

I've been an Android head since 2011, and strictly Samsung since 2017. I'm getting kinda bored with them tho and itching to try something new. Contemplating getting my first iPhone in the spring :nerd:

iPhone 13 was my first iPhone after more than a decade on Android. Thing I miss: Volume mixer. Sleeping upcoming alarms. Notifications still kinda suck. Keyboard isn't as good. APKs. Customization. Back button.

It's insane how bad Samsung is at marketing. Instead of running those cringe commercials taking shots at Apple, promote little known features like reverse wireless charging and goodlock, which takes customization to the next level. I really want to sit with the marketing director and ask him what they plan to accomplish with those commercials with the hairstyle mocking the notch. Do you think that will make someone want to buy the phone?

I'm very good with that sort of thing but l just hate corporate America. The thought of tweaking a resume' makes my skin crawl.

iPhone 13 was my first iPhone after more than a decade on Android. Thing I miss: Volume mixer. Sleeping upcoming alarms. Notifications still kinda suck. Keyboard isn't as good. APKs. Customization. Back button.
I never ever considered Apple due to the reason I don't like that dead founder guy.

If you’re bored with android, expect to be more bored with iphone. It’s very restrictive in what you can do.

You can’t arrange your icons how you wish, certain tasks have anywhere from 1-3 more touch points. For example, opening bluetooth or wifi settings it takes more clicks. Sounds petty, but its just cumbersome.

Highlighting and copying text isn’t intuitive and takes more clicks.

If you have multiple icon pages, good luck getting to the app library. There’s no dedicated button or gesture to open it. You have to swipe all the way to the end of your icon pages to access the app library.

Videos dont have a scroll bar which is extremely annoying. You scroll the thumbnail of the video.

If youre scrolling attachments or pics sent within a text message and you go out the app, you’ll default back to the default state when you go back into the message. Basically, iPhone doesn’t save the state you were in when in the message. Ive even lost some of my reply text because I didnt go back into the message soon enough.
Touch screen precision sucks. I cant tell you how many times I clicked the wrong thing.

To name a few
I have an 13 Max Pro BTW

Recently switched from the S21+ to the 15 Pro Max. Good lord I miss having Edge panel shortcuts, universal back gesture, and split screen. Luckily I have a Tab S7+ for DeX when I want to draw and mirror on the TV. Also, Samsung/Google does a better job with username and password auto input and there’s some other Google features that aren’t as capable on the iPhone.

It’s also weird because the Pro Max seems sluggish but smooth while the S21+ was faster yet kinda jittery.

I hate using my wife's iPhone if she asks me to check something on it. I had a iPhone 4s and been android ever since....don't really care too much about phones though tbh like some people

As someone who used to jailbreak phones for people and flash custom firmware, i'm not really into phones like that anymore. Anything I used to try to do to push the phone to the limit, can usually be done out the box now. I'll probably just go on what the family is on in the future which is iPhone.

Kinda outside the topic:

Why the hell does the Apple Watch not have a robust native sleep tracker?! The one that it comes with requires you to manually start it before you go to bed. With all these sensors, you could at least give me a good guesstimate of how well I slept. I had to pay for one and I don’t even think it tracks naps. The Galaxy Watch’s tracker was solid and although it might not be accurate to the T, I’m confident that the information it gave me felt accurate enough where I felt the difference during the following day.

1699314164909.png

Samsung Galaxy S24 series dummies show a familiar design​

gsmarena_001 (1).jpg

gsmarena_004.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231114_075245_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231114_075245_Gallery.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 54
My tab s7 fe has issues updating. Every time l try it loads for a while then says can't connect. Can't remember the last time it updated.

Back
Top Bottom