Waiter returns lost check worth $424,000 to a customer who didn't tip..VOL.. DO THE RIGHT THING?

There are definitely people you could give that check to for say $200k and they would make it work.

Cashiers check payee lines ARE NOT LEFT BLANK.

Not sure why some of you think you can just scribble your name on the payee line and call it a day. Let alone an almost half a million dollar amount like the banks just gonna be all okie dokie about it.

Even if some how some way you did get to deposit it.. there will be at least a week long hold on the check to verify funds.

Its the same as finding someones paycheck from their employer.

And she gets a gift from the pizzeria
He didnt apologize for his comment.

Dude could have taken a little dough but his comment sounded ignorant.

It pays to be nice sometimes.

If i knew I definitely couldn’t cash the check i would have just kept it and keep my mouth shut and let her suffer. The bank will eventually give her the money back after 3 months, but knowing she had to suffer almost losing half a mill is enough pleasure for me.

Apparently the woman asked why there weren't any women in the photos on the wall. And she was ticked off with his response? :rolleyes
4 women on the wall, quinn, mccray, viverito and walters. Dont know how she aint see that, but how the waiter not see or know that

307A0623-CA4B-4F0F-948C-4DE40FE7B9C7.jpeg

Would’ve been on my Preston steez and signed the check as Macintosh

If it was Cash the person would be a saint
I’m a broke a hole who took so many Ls that if I saw even 1k in cash in front of me knowing someone left it I would take it

But I DO NOT mess with paper money ( checks, cashiers checks, even money orders)

They can get you caught

A cashier's check is essentially walking around with cash, anyone could cash it. But really the only person who could actually cash one without issue is exactly an old white lady.

A cashier's check is essentially walking around with cash, anyone could cash it. But really the only person who could actually cash one without issue is exactly an old white lady.
exactly
also ur second point
u have a point
but it can be done

Why a cashier's check to put money down on a condo? Regular checks or transfers are a thing too.

Something isn't adding up

I hear of horror stories of older people traveling and driving with cash, and the cops seize all of it. Civil forfeiture.

Wasn't there a guy who had the cops called on him for trying to cash a $100,000 check at Citibank? Citibank sounds terrible.

Why a cashier's check to put money down on a condo? Regular checks or transfers are a thing too.

I hear of horror stories of older people traveling and driving with cash, and the cops seize all of it. Civil forfeiture.

Wasn't there a guy who had the cops called on him for trying to cash a $100,000 check at Citibank? Citibank sounds terrible.

Cashier's check is guaranteed money, it won't bounce like a regular check.

some folks dont carry checks
i dont
so when i pay rent for example
i use a cashiers check

If the check was made out to John Smith, how are you, Mark Anthony, going to cash/deposit it?

Yeah it's not a news story if it wasn't possible.

The moral of the story was more so even though she was a super **** and naughty'd him on the tip, dude still went way out of his way to give her back her possession. It could've been her purse with $20 in it and it still wouldve made it to the news. Its a feel good do the right thing type of story.

Last edited:
If the check was made out to John Smith, how are you, Mark Anthony, going to cash/deposit it?

The moral of the story was more so even though she was a super **** and naughty'd him on the tip, dude still went way out of his way to give her back her possession. It could've been her purse with $20 in it and it still wouldve made it to the news. Its a feel good do the right thing type of story.
Changing the name is probably the easiest part of that, if it even had a name yet.

Back
Top Bottom