Waiting tables unnappreciation VOL. You cheap %@@+*+#%##%*%

Always leave a tip.

What some herbs like this J Dilla Himself clown are too ignorant to realize is some places take a percentage of servers sales and put it toward tipshare.

So if tipshare is three (3) percent and your bill is $100, the server pays three dollars if they are tipped or not!

And if you still dont care, think how ballin you look being a cheap @%$

Originally Posted by Ryanbbn1

its so funny when waiters complain that they arent getting twenty percent. i usually tip around 20%, but you waiters act like what youre doing is mad tough. like how waiters have to work their way up. theres no way im not able to write down exactly what someone just said to me.
QFT. I tip just as good as anyone else, but I can't stand how they complain like they EARNED that 20% or something. You keep my drink filledand get me a basket of bread and think you're God? NAH.

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by iMixedi

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

laugh.gif
. I feel sorry for male waiters. Im sorry, but im not tipping a male waiter..idc

indifferent.gif

To you dudes saying you tip 20%-40%, bless you. I wish more people tipped me that amount.

I feel like I give good service. Where I'm from not to many young black males are waiters. On the real, I do feel I get tipped less because of my skin color but that's just something you gotta deal with.

Today was a good day though, made $90
pimp.gif

well with me good serivce gets appreciated. also at some of the places i go to, i drink for free or practiclly free at times and get hooked up with food when i go because they know im going to look out for them at the end of the night.

that stuff is hard to pull where I'm at. Seen a few people get fired for trying to pull that. Had a BADD (
devil.gif
) waitress get fired not to long ago from not ringing up drinks. I see whereyou're coming from though, it's just harder to pull off at some places than others.

yea, i never really ask for it but if they offer it i won't turn it down but i'm all for people hooking me up as best as they can without riskinggetting themselves in trouble at work.

I always tip well when there is good service and can't stand when I get bad service especially at more expensive establishments.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

laugh.gif
. I feel sorry for male waiters. Im sorry, but im not tipping a male waiter..idc

That's pretty lame KFC. What do you get out of tipping a female waitress?

im not giving a man my money for doing such a feminine job.
check your food next time you go to the same restaurant

you may indirectly do a feminine job yourself

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

laugh.gif

check your food for grease next time you go to the same restaurant kfc

i have a question, would you tip even if they already put a gratuity tip on your receipt?

i like to think i tip reasonably (edit - only if they deserve it. people at some cafe or whatever i went to can go %@@% themselves)

im not exactly rich and i realize how hard it is to wait tables. i appreciate their work.

the people at the bars at school dont tip the waitresses at all. i know youre broke %%! students, but come on
laugh.gif

ive never walked out on a bill completely but i have ditched some people at my table while on a "smoke break" cause i was pissed at them. lord knowsif they payed the bill or not themselves

I don't tip..ever and I have some valid reasons for it but I don't want to get into it and have all the servers on NT commin at me like I'm a cheap+!$ er somthin they are good reasons. Nothing against servers or whatever its more toward resturants and the industry although it effects the servers I know

Originally Posted by Cedric Ceballos 1995 Lakers

Originally Posted by shatterkneesinc

laugh.gif

check your food for grease next time you go to the same restaurant kfc

I see what both of you did there.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I'll never do it again.
This.

I worked at Olive Garden for 2 weeks before getting fired, and it was, without a doubt, the worst 2 weeks of my life.
sick.gif

Mad respect for dudes that wait tables. It's just not in me.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I don't tip..ever and I have some valid reasons for it but I don't want to get into it and have all the servers on NT commin at me like I'm a cheap +!$ er somthin they are good reasons. Nothing against servers or whatever its more toward resturants and the industry although it effects the servers I know
Wow.
indifferent.gif

Let's hear your "valid reasons."

i only tip when i get great service and thas once in a while and i dont care you get paid to serve me thats what you applied for not to get tip, some ayo manin here talking bout tipping is manditory #!@* cause some of these waiters be giving sloppy service looking big tip. If you dont like your job and what yougetting paid either you could improve on your service or take your little money your getting paid and invest in a degree. real talk i was 17 making $3 an hryes 3 measly dollars as a bag boy now im 22 with a BA in networking making 10x more you do the math, big come up. So stop crying and do what you have to do

I'm a regular at a cafe right by my work, and since the regular meal is normally only $10-$12, I do $5 as tip. Percentage wise, yea it's about 45% butit's only $5. Been doing $4 recently though. I tip well partly because 2 of my brothers hold waiter jobs in the summertime and I know how it is, so I payit forward....

Originally Posted by Pushak513

I don't tip..ever and I have some valid reasons for it but I don't want to get into it and have all the servers on NT commin at me like I'm a cheap +!$ er somthin they are good reasons. Nothing against servers or whatever its more toward resturants and the industry although it effects the servers I know

quit lying to yourself.

Just know you better be on your job when you're waiting me.
I once took a dollar from a girls tip in her face
grin.gif

I usually tip 15 percent. If service is bad I tip 10 and if service was excellent I leave 20 percent.

Being a server it makes me notice things while I'm eating out . So if they do something extra I would keep that in mind.

To the people saying they shouldn't tip servers because they are getting paid by their employer that isn't true. The restaurant that I work at voidspaycheck for servers that make more money in tip then their hourly wage. You have to understand that servers live off their tips not off their paychecks.

Yea waitin tables is bad but not as bad as bussin tables or hotel security. U get no love tip wise. If the bellman/concierge bring u a pillow, he get a 5 spot.Let security carry out the same action, he gets a half +#% "Thank u" and a quick door to the face
smh.gif
ppl too cheap nowadays

I can't stand waiters, not all but most. Forever complaining about how they live off tips like they didn't choose their jobs. Half of them pick andchoose who they give good service to then complain when they get little tip or no tip. I know it's hard work, but it's your job and you chose it. Thatwhole I gotta live off this is just bs, acting like their all some felons or something who can't find another job. I probably sound like a #%+%, butI've been in their shoes. I used to have to host entire parties, I'm talking taking care of fifty people and sometimes getting no tip. I'll admitit pissed me off sometimes when the people are rude, down your throat every ten seconds and then don't leave a tip, but that never made me think Ishouldn't work as hard. I get more pissed at the fact they're rude, or talk to me in a certain manner then the fact they don't leave a tip. I knewtip wasn't mandatory, they didn't have to do leave anything. If they gave me ten dollars as tip I was grateful, sure the check was three hundred, and Ido have to deal with them for an entire hour and a half, but they don't have that obligation they are already spending their hard earned money. I felt iswas unfair to me after a while, but guess what I didn't blame the customers who were already dishing out their money to the company, I decided that the jobitself was the problem. So I got a new job simple as that, never complained about how I have to live off that, or about how low my pay was and I needed to makea certain amount. Funny thing is I worked just as hard as these waiters, dealt with more people for longer periods, and still got less, and they have the nerveto complain. That's why I take what they have to say with a grain of salt

jerseymizzle wrote:
Pushak513 wrote:
why would you bother putting that out there and then being like "but y'all wouldn't understand, these are GOOD reasons."
smh.gif

just say it, if they're valid fine. but you sound like you're lying to yourself.

He kinda already did say it just didn't go into detail. He has a problem with the restaurants, and industry, so I'm guessing he's referring to theshadiness of them paying so little so he has to pay their employees.

Back
Top Bottom