wale on tour with jay z :: album 11/10 release

this is a good look. im sure HALF the nation that doesnt know WALE will know him after this tour.

I wonder if Lupe goes up before him...

Jay-Z has appointed Wale as his supporting act for upcoming tour which is kicked off to promote his September 11 release "The Blueprint 3". Breaking the news to public was Wale himself to Rap-Up TV during 2009 MTV Video Music Awards on September 13.

"College kids like what we do, so we gonna make sure the college kids is happy," Wale said of the upcoming gig. The tour will be started on October 9 at Bryce Jordan Center of Penn State University in University Park, PA.

His recruitment as Jay-Z's supporting act has made Wale pushing back his first studio effort "Attention: Deficit". He is now eying to release the record in U.S. on November 3, around a week after the roadshow is begun. "It got pushed back 'cause I'm going on tour with the biggest rapper of all-time. I'll let ya'll call it, but I'm opening up for him ... the boss," he explained.

Jay-Z 2009 Tour Dates:
09/16 - Glasgow, UK @ Hampden Park National Stadium *
09/17 - London, UK @ Roundhouse
09/18 - London, UK @ Wembley Stadum *
09/19 - London, UK @ Wembley Stadum *
10/09 - University Park, PA @ Wembley Stadium
10/10 - Highland Heights, KY @ The Bank of Kentucky Center
10/13 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
10/14 - Calgary, AB @ Pengrowth Saddledome
10/15 - Kelowna, BC @ Prospera Place
10/16 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
10/17 - Seattle, WA @ Key Arena
10/21 - Ypsilanti, MI @ Eastern Michigan University
10/24 - Providence, RI @ Dunkin Donuts Center
10/25 - Amherst, MA @ Mullins Center
10/27 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena
10/28 - Columbus, OH @ Value City Arena
10/29 - London, ON @ John Labatt Centre
10/30 - Montreal, QC @ Centre Bell Centre
10/30 - Toronto, ON @ Air Canada Centre
11/01 - Ottawa, ON @ Scotiabank Place
11/12 - Champaign, IL @ Assembly Hall
11/19 - Albuquerque, NM @ Tingley Coliseum
11/20 - El Paso, TX @ Don Haskins Center
11/22 - Austin, TX @ Frank Erwin Center Arena

Good for him. Is J.Cole going on tour with them too? I might try to catch the show at EMU, see if I can get out there. If I can't, driving down to U of Ifor the weekend to visit and see Jay would be
pimp.gif

i'll be at 1st mariner arena on the 27th.

front row (literally).

pics coming on the 28th, i promise.

10/27 - Baltimore, MD @ 1st Mariner Arena

Uh oh... HARM in the house..
laugh.gif

Well if Jay is appointing him.. brotha must be doing something right. And he's def. got to be clockin some serious checks doin this tour.

Shoot... If I was a betting man.. unless they are just bending him over, which I doubt, he can make as much on tour as he does on his Album release.

Not to say he wont sell many albums, but just the fact that he might make a good grip on tour.

Wow...things like this make me realize just how much work Wale has put in to becoming successful in this game...son went from being a DC/MD local working inDTLR to worldwide shows and now a tour with the Jigga man himself....all that with a go-go band on his back. Its def a good look for him, the DMV, and go-go ingeneral. cant wait to see how the whole tour turns out

Originally Posted by YoungAnakin

front row (literally).

^Nice. I'll be there too (section 1), not front row but on the floor a couple rows back, back, further back. Honestly though lately when browsing forconcert tickets I haven't been checking to be up close (I mean if I can, fine), but I honestly wanted something in the first couple rows in the 100s or200s but no luck. I'm still looking (hint hint) and can always resell/trade for cost the ones I already purchased.

I will be in Bmore on the 27th.

Working on a Press Pass. And by then, I will have upgraded to that Canon 7D.

"pics coming on the 28th, i promise."

Good to the "the boss" embrace the younger guys he's cool with/approves of.

He's matured last 10 years.

Wish Young Chris was #1 in the group though, but that's another story.

could be a promo tour for him. he can make some nice change from after parties.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

Good to the "the boss" embrace the younger guys he's cool with/approves of.

He's matured last 10 years.

Wish Young Chris was #1 in the group though, but that's another story.
exactly....young chris gets put on the back burner...AGAIN.

Originally Posted by J PayCheck

front row (literally).

^Nice. I'll be there too (section 1), not front row but on the floor a couple rows back, back, further back. Honestly though lately when browsing for concert tickets I haven't been checking to be up close (I mean if I can, fine), but I honestly wanted something in the first couple rows in the 100s or 200s but no luck. I'm still looking (hint hint) and can always resell/trade for cost the ones I already purchased.
tongue.gif
@ hint hint.

only reason i'm up so close is bc the girl i'm going with has access to disability seats (her parents are deaf). i feel kinda bad but i figure i'llbe deaf by the end of the show being that close to the stage monitors anyway... plus i'm the biggest hova fan in the dmv area and i still have yet to seehim in concert. first time up front would be amazing.

front row (literally).

I'll be on the second row. I'm looking foward to the show, I'm sure Lupe will have a good set.

For those Young Chris fans...

I had the opportunity to speak with a member of State Prop. last night.

He basically said that "big homie's" stance is...
His "era" of going to the hood and giving the best emcee an opportunity is a thing of the past, because dudes as a whole didn't have the businessnor strategic sense (i.e. kissing butt) and work ethic to get where they needed to go.

To "big homie" he co-signed Chris at 16, during the 2nd most significant era in hip-hop on the East Coast, at one of the most recognized stations,during one of the most known radio "takeover" segments known to fans. That should have been it. He gave him his opportunity, and he wants to seehim do whatever he can on his own, now at square one.

Just stating what I was told...

As far as state prop goes, with Wale "seemingly" close to the "major" artists in that crew, is there future potential for a Roc Nation-State Property signing?

Also, did the member you spoke with last night mention anything about chris popping up on any of the tour dates since he and Wale do have a few respectablesongs together?

Don't know if an "announcement" was made, but dude is signed to Roc Nation... don't know how loose or tight the signing actually is.

Thus, the nod on opening.

That was weeks ago.

Back
Top Bottom