Walking into a shoe store isn't the same anymore (Vol. Champs, Footlocker)

So back in the day when I was just a little lad I was really excited walking into stores like World Footlocker, Champs, Finishline etc. There were many fresh shoes to choose from, such as Jordans, Iversons, T-Macs, VC's you name it. The T-Mac III's are currently my sought after shoe now, almost impossible to find in my size. Always looked forward to visiting when my parents drove me. But now, at 24, it just doesn't feel the same anymore. I seriously walk inside the store and I'm out no more than 1 minute max. None of the current shoes stand out to me anymore, and to top it all off, $200 for some Lebrons? Nahhhhh I'm coowidit. KD's and Kobe's are meh..... Derrick Rose, also meh....... Almost every dam shoe looks related somehow. The last signature I actually purchased were the Kobe V's. Those are one of my all time favorite ball shoes by the way. Other than that everything looks like pure #$%@ and boring to me. Does anyone else feel this way?

End Rant.

PS, whoever says John Wall's sigs are somewhat decent should go die.

Just felt like posting these :smokin

View media item 400324

Last edited:
I know tat feeling bro, not to mention every shoe now has some kind of fruity colorway. I miss that feeling when I would drive to the mall to buy a pair of shoes not knowing what I was going to walk out with, back then we had choices. I miss going in there and trying on several pairs of sneakers before making my final decision.

RigZigs are hideous 
laugh.gif

Yeah man those vibrant cotton candy shoes gotta go.

It's like I would never be able to pinpoint a shoe that I would like anymore cuz theyre all the same look

Man, from a FNL employee perspective, I just don't like all the policies they slap on us.

From the second you walk through our doors till the second you walk out they want us to be on your nuts like a dope fiend.. Y'all not suppose to breathe without us being around to hear it. I don't like having to hound people like that, would make me feel hella uncomfortable if someone was doing that to me.

On top of that, we have to BOMBARD you with all this **** to up sell. You came in for shoes, we gotta throw the water proofer, the cleaner, the oxy sport stick, the insole, if you say no to the insole the gel heel pads, the 2 for 1 socks, the sports illustrated subscription, and a donation to special children or some **** all at you.. Just ****** up man. Feel like a greasy *** car salesman.

/endrant

Last edited:
Man, from a FNL employee perspective, I just don't like all the policies they slap on us.

From the second you walk through our doors till the second you walk out they want us to be on your nuts like a dope fiend.. Y'all not suppose to breathe without us being around to hear it. I don't like having to hound people like that, would make me feel hella uncomfortable if someone was doing that to me.

On top of that, we have to BOMBARD you with all this **** to up sell. You came in for shoes, we gotta throw the water proofer, the cleaner, the oxy sport stick, the insole, if you say no to the insole the gel heel pads, the 2 for 1 socks, the sports illustrated subscription, and a donation to special children or some **** all at you.. Just ****** up man. Feel like a greasy *** car salesman.

/endrant
thats retail everywhere though

can't remember the last time i actually went into a footlocker/finishline...

/endrant

Man i fell for that Sports Illustrated crap once, talkin about its a free trial i dont have to cancel and you wont be charged, :smh: next thing you know i start getting a magazine every other week and a monthly bill for like $18 bucks...

The days when you could walk in a week or two after release date for kicks and cop.

They need to retro the whole Mike Vick line

Blame the hype and shoe companies, not the stores.

Last edited:
or how about going into the store and actually copping the shoe like 2 weeks after release?

only go in to see if any flynits are on sale like once every 3 months

all that hounding stuff you said is why i dread walking into shoe stores nowadays. i don't need 3 dudes coming up to me when i wanna just see what these kobes feel like.

That's why when I am not with my chick, my earphones stay in my ear... Not really into kicks as much as I used to be unless vans or runners, only reason I go into stores anymore to see if I like them in person then I dip back home and just order online ftw

What's hot about that shoe? Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgement.

Now those Vicks up there were crack.

That's why when I am not with my chick, my earphones stay in my ear... Not really into kicks as much as I used to be unless vans or runners, only reason I go into stores anymore to see if I like them in person then I dip back home and just order online ftw

so u drive all the way to the store to trythem on and if u like them u go home buy them online and pay for shipping?

smart guy :smokin

What's hot about that shoe? Don't let nostalgia cloud your judgement.

Now those Vicks up there were crack.
those tmacs are clean and simple. i actually wanna get a pair of 1s or 2s just cuz tracy was my favorite in the L at that time. those were the good days.

so u drive all the way to the store to trythem on and if u like them u go home buy them online and pay for shipping?

smart guy :smokin
Yea if you know the sites that have free ship smart guy, try better for a laugh next time

Back
Top Bottom