Wanna know who Satan really is?

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

How does sustainable farming strip the earth of resources?

PleasurePhD just said a lot of stupid s_ and y'all are lapping it up.

Totally offbase on the agribusinees rant and some more BS about long life and the inevitability of cancer.

Sustainable farming is just that...sustainable. It requires putting nutrients back into the soil and monitoring the health of the environment in which food is grown.

And there are several rural communities throughout the globe, which have longer life spans than those afforded to Western societies. They also happen to have the extremely low rates of cancer. The more "modern" and 'industrialized" they become, the lower their life expectancy and higher the cancer rate.

The rate of cancer diagnosis and increases in life expectancy are not in lockstep.

Typical brainwashing that comes from conventional education and sources of info.

SMH @ the "Drill baby, drills" of the agriculture and nutrition world.

Y'all are hellbent on destroying the Earth and healthy modalities of natural existence.

How does sustainable farming strip the earth? LOL lets see your plan to sutain 8 billion people AND GROWING, with natural sustainable farming.

I said a lot of stupid $#!%?  This coming from the guy who is a farmer, but thinks he has the credentials or knowledge to speak on cancer biology and incidence rates. BS about long life and inevitability of cancer? That statement right there shows anyone with a basic molecular biology background that you DO NOT know anything when it comes to: 1. cancer, 2. DNA, and 3. mutation/evolution.

DO YOU KNOW where some of the longest living people are? ............... They live in one of the most technologically advanced and industrialized cities/countries in the world....JAPAN!!!!!

SO where is your argument to that FACT?!

I do know of some rural communities with high life expectancy, but I also know of MANY which have much lower life expectancies because they die from lack of medicine.

Who said that the rate is cancer diagnosis is the cause of increased life expectancy? .....?

If you think I did then you are completely wrong, I SAID cancer diagnostic techniques are much better these days, which allows us to detect more incidences, and it seems like incidences have gone up, but really it's just the detection ability. In actually, cancer incidences have gone down in some cases.

LONG LIFE attributes to cancer incidences as well because of random mutations in the genome and shortening of the telomeres. As well as decreased function of DNA repair enzymes and increased accumulation of possible oncogenic "hits" to the genome.

You need to practice your reading comprehension. Or writing.

Typical brainwashing that comes from conventional education? LOL So I assume you haven't had any higher education? You getting all your info from google, tv, youtube, and random strangers who have "authority"? Or just the local shaman on your farm?

Lastly, WOW!!!!! hellbent on destroying the earth?
roll.gif

Omnivores-Dilemma-325-x-500.jpg

The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan addresses these same issues. 

If you are really concerned about how our food is grown then this book is for you.

Its kinda sad how hard you work, trying to convince people that you're smart...

It's kinda sad how we are actually doing something with our lives in which we can say, "I am saving others lives" while you are only farming up your own and local community food, thinking that you can sustain billions of lives with "natural" methods of farming, but haven't done ANYTHING as such to contribute to that idea.

We are living our words and aspirations; you are ALL TALK.

We are trying to create cheap and effective medicine for all those people dying all over the world, and in 3rd world areas, and trying to develop ways of producing cheap and nutritious food (which doesn't bleed the earth of it's resources ei. GMO) for all of the starving children of the world, AGAIN, while you just sit there calling us stupid and throwing out some nice sounding idea, yet haven't contributed in the slightest bit to that idea.

If I am wrong please explain to me how you have contributed to the idea of sustained agriculture ON A GLOBAL SCALE...AND how you have contributed in feeding staving children in 3rd world countries with this method.

You SIR are the sad one, calling us stupid.... I'd like to see you say that to us when you or a family member is laying on their death bed and it's one of our medicines which saves his or her life.

FINALLY  a thread for the mature NTers...

with that being said...

I saw Pharrell the other day talking to Obama, I think he may have something to do with it...
pharrell-obama1.jpg

its OBVIOUS that PleasurePhD works for Monsanto

sillyputty......well he's one of the worst members of this site

yo Pleasure, how come they aint servin them thar GM foods in your cafeteria?

http://crisisboom.com/201...d-in-monsanto-cafeteria/

The fight to ban genetically modified foods has won more converts — some employees of Monsanto the company that is doing the most to promote GM products.
The Independent newspaper reports that there is a notice in the cafeteria of the Monsanto pharmaceutical factory is High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, advising customers “as far as practicable, GM soya and maize (has been removed) from all food products served in our restaurant. We have taken the steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve.

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Totally offbase on the agribusinees rant and some more BS about long life and the inevitability of cancer.

Sustainable farming is just that...sustainable. It requires putting nutrients back into the soil and monitoring the health of the environment in which food is grown.

And there are several rural communities throughout the globe, which have longer life spans than those afforded to Western societies. They also happen to have the extremely low rates of cancer. The more "modern" and 'industrialized" they become, the lower their life expectancy and higher the cancer rate.

The rate of cancer diagnosis and increases in life expectancy are not in lockstep.

Typical brainwashing that comes from conventional education and sources of info.

Y'all are hellbent on destroying the Earth and healthy modalities of natural existence.

How does sustainable farming strip the earth? LOL lets see your plan to sutain 8 billion people AND GROWING, with natural sustainable farming.

Isn't this the crux of the problem?
We wouldn't need GM food if our population was smaller.

Increasing the earths productive ability is just going to allow for increases in world wide population.

Seems like we can solve the problems of environmental degradation and hunger by killing off a good portion of the world.

hrm

Originally Posted by 59 Piffy

its OBVIOUS that PleasurePhD works for Monsanto

sillyputty......well he's one of the worst members of this site

yo Pleasure, how come they aint servin them thar GM foods in your cafeteria?

http://crisisboom.com/201...d-in-monsanto-cafeteria/

The fight to ban genetically modified foods has won more converts — some employees of Monsanto the company that is doing the most to promote GM products.
The Independent newspaper reports that there is a notice in the cafeteria of the Monsanto pharmaceutical factory is High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, advising customers “as far as practicable, GM soya and maize (has been removed) from all food products served in our restaurant. We have taken the steps to ensure that you, the customer, can feel confident in the food we serve.

Originally Posted by DwyaneWadeOG

Isn't this the crux of the problem?
We wouldn't need GM food if our population was smaller.

Increasing the earths productive ability is just going to allow for increases in world wide population.

Seems like we can solve the problems of environmental degradation and hunger by killing off a good portion of the world.

hrm
It is, but what is your solution to that problem? We wouldn't need GM food if our population was smaller, but it's not small and it's still growing. So what would you propose?

Killing most of the world off, letting them die off, or limiting the amount of children people can have? Do those seem moral/ethical? Since the ethics of GMOs is always brought up, are those alternatives more ethical and moral?

Or would you rather have awesome scientists who develop pills which can turn into a whole thanksgiving dinner, just add water. Or find a way to colonize space so earth doesn't get over populated? I'm being extreme, but you get the point.

what am i supposed to argue with you about? you're a scientist, you support GM foods. i dont, simple as that.

food should be food. there is no need to genetically modify crops. you grow a tomato in your backyard its a tomato (unless you used monsantos seeds).

farmers have been surviving thousands of years without use of chemicals or hybrid seeds.

i'm well aware of the whole 100% USDA organic....thats why im going to start growing my own foods and try to buy foods from locals where i know the source. GM foods could be organic if the farmers are using hybrid seeds but not spraying chemical pesticides on them so how organic are they really? im very skeptical of the FDA/USDA and how they label something organic. there are farmers who dont spray pesticides on their crops and use clean seeds but dont have the USDA organic certification because it takes a lot of money and time.

of course im attacking monsanto. do you even understand what monsanto does? they control all food from seed to supermarket. they PATENT seeds, farmers cant even save their own seeds without being sued by monsanto. how the hell do you patent seeds........

monsanto started out as a chemical company...... they made DDT, PCBs, and agent orange.

do you know any farmers or have spoken to any?

this video is just a bunch of tin foil conspiracy drivel. im sure all these people were just lying. its a youtube video so you know it doesnt have any credence.

i only believe what im told by the FDA, USDA, or what comes out of barry soetoro's mouth.

r
monsanto is just trying to help the world folks. we need GM foods to feed the billions on this planet....without them we cant.

just like bill gates is such a great human being for getting vaccines in africa and supporting GMOs.

im just a conspiracy theorist looney

what am i supposed to argue with you about? you're a scientist, you support GM foods. i dont, simple as that.

food should be food. there is no need to genetically modify crops. you grow a tomato in your backyard its a tomato (unless you used monsantos seeds).

farmers have been surviving thousands of years without use of chemicals or hybrid seeds.

i'm well aware of the whole 100% USDA organic....thats why im going to start growing my own foods and try to buy foods from locals where i know the source. GM foods could be organic if the farmers are using hybrid seeds but not spraying chemical pesticides on them so how organic are they really? im very skeptical of the FDA/USDA and how they label something organic. there are farmers who dont spray pesticides on their crops and use clean seeds but dont have the USDA organic certification because it takes a lot of money and time.

of course im attacking monsanto. do you even understand what monsanto does? they control all food from seed to supermarket. they PATENT seeds, farmers cant even save their own seeds without being sued by monsanto. how the hell do you patent seeds........

monsanto started out as a chemical company...... they made DDT, PCBs, and agent orange.

do you know any farmers or have spoken to any?
Your lack of reading comprehension and critical reasoning is... well... I suppose surprising. You shouldn't be arguing with me yet you keep posting in replies to me, with an alternative view? What do you call that then if it's not an argument? Yes, we do not concur on a specific topic, but I backup my argument with facts and suggestions and you on the other hand spew out a SPECIFIC VIEW with out giving any facts or alternative propositions; you just sit there posting back, feeling like there is nothing to "argue" about? I guess that's the way your brain works. You can propose an argument and then don't feel the need to back it with evidence.

Food should be food? GMOs are considered food by may individuals. Hell heirloom tomatoes are basically GMOs. They just aren't modified in a lab. Someone so in touch with farming should know about all the ways we manipulate plant genes to our favor for food production. We have been doing this for hundreds if not thousands of years.

NO NEED FOR GMOs seriously man can you not comprehend anything that I am saying? I just stated reasons why we need them and you just keep choosing to ignore those statements and then say "there's nothing to argue about durp"

A GMO tomato IS a tomato. Like I said we have been manipulating plant genes for a while now, this is just the beginning of doing it in a lab, which provides efficiency.

Farmers have been surviving thousands of years, but guess what buddy 1000 years ago there wasn't 8 billion people and growing living on this planet, all living longer. SO WHAT DO YOU PROPOSE TO FEED THE WORLD, PROVIDE RESOURCES, AND MEDICINE? Organic farming in everyone's back yard is NOT a realistic option. You gonna make your own medicine? Oil? Paper? Clothing? Yes, take advantage of everything else science AND GMOs have provided you, but be pick and choose what else you consider "safe" and "ethical".

AGAIN, fail at reading comprehension. When did I ever say I backed up Monsanto or rallied for them?

I know farmers and have spoken to them AND in addition the farmers, I know ecologists, and I know environmental scientists. How many of them have you spoken to?

this video is just a bunch of tin foil conspiracy drivel. im sure all these people were just lying. its a youtube video so you know it doesnt have any credence.

i only believe what im told by the FDA, USDA, or what comes out of barry soetoro's mouth.

r
monsanto is just trying to help the world folks. we need GM foods to feed the billions on this planet....without them we cant.

just like bill gates is such a great human being for getting vaccines in africa and supporting GMOs.

im just a conspiracy theorist looney
You sound idiotic, I'm not calling you an idiot just your condescending mockery of others who you are arguing against sounds so childish and stupid. Instead of replying to valid comments and questions which are being brought up, you decide to resort to this. Making unwarranted assumptions again about who I listen too or affiliate with. I base my decisions off facts and evidence, you follow youtube videos and religious websites with agendas.

I'm done with you. Keep TALKING THAT TALK without contributing one bit to anything of use to ANYONE else in this society and in the world, you're not even helping your own cause/views, ALL TALK. Keep pushing for "organic" and "natural" foods and medicine, draining the earth of resources, and allowing millions of people to die every year because "that's the way things are meant to be food is food etc..., God told us too, or because it's hip and cool to be "green"'. Whatever your reasoning it keep talking that talk.

I'll stay in my lab trying to save lives. Who know maybe even yours.

One company does not need to be responsible for the whole worlds food. We need variety and local farmers market. Everybody in the world shouldn't be eating the same lab modified apple for the sake of it being mass produced like a car part.

PleasurePhD, you dont seem to get it

i think goldenchild said it best here:

ok you and the multinational companies want GM foods. fine. i want them to be LABELLED in stores but monsanto lobbies the government to not enforce GM labels since they are the government. dont we have freedom and choice in america? FDA makes manufacturers label ingredients, so they should make them label if they are genetically engineered ingredients. if GM foods are so great why is there such an uproar in europe about them?  most countries in the EU have banned GMOs and there ar burnings of fields with GM crops. i'd venture a guess that europeans are a hell of a lot smarter than americans. they eat real food over there.

i guarantee if companies were forced to label GM foods people wouldnt buy them. look what happened with monsanto's own bovine growth hormone when walmart took rBGH milk off their shelves after customer outcry.

how can you have "facts" that GM foods are perfectly safe when there is no significant testing of them? you havent provided any facts just drivel.

cross pollination in nature is NOT the same thing as GM foods. farmers try to prevent cross pollination , some species are more self pollinating than others. heirloom is more of a niche "market" term.....what you really want are open pollinated seeds.

your argument is the same "we cant support _ billion people without GMOs". there is no proof that GM crops have significantly higher yields than conventional organically grown crops. tell that to farmers in india....ever heard of BT cotton?

we have the resources and technology on this planet to feed 20 billion people yet alone 7. why are people starving? its called human GREED. making salmon in a lab aint the solution play boy.

how about more community gardens, people with their own home gardens, and greenhouses. heck you can grow sprouts with seeds, a jar, and water. aquaponics can grow food during winter. yeah there are a lot more people on this planet now....theres also a lot more people to grow food.

religious website?
laugh.gif
what religious website? i took the article from a random site, there a dozen other sites with the same article.

trust me, you wont be saving my life in a lab.

One company does not need to be responsible for the whole worlds food. We need variety and local farmers market. Everybody in the world shouldn't be eating the same lab modified apple for the sake of it being mass produced like a car part.

this is all there is to it

mr government scientist here wants monsanto, dupont, novartis, dow to control all the farms

It's kinda sad how we are actually doing something with our lives in which we can say, "I am saving others lives" while you are only farming up your own and local community food, thinking that you can sustain billions of lives with "natural" methods of farming, but haven't done ANYTHING as such to contribute to that idea.

We are trying to create cheap and effective medicine for all those people dying all over the world, and in 3rd world areas, and trying to develop ways of producing cheap and nutritious food (which doesn't bleed the earth of it's resources ei. GMO) for all of the starving children of the world, AGAIN, while you just sit there calling us stupid and throwing out some nice sounding idea, yet haven't contributed in the slightest bit to that idea.

If I am wrong please explain to me how you have contributed to the idea of sustained agriculture ON A GLOBAL SCALE...AND how you have contributed in feeding staving children in 3rd world countries with this method.

You SIR are the sad one, calling us stupid.... I'd like to see you say that to us when you or a family member is laying on their death bed and it's one of our medicines which saves his or her life.
please respond.

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

please respond.

Nah. Im good.

PleasurePhD, you dont seem to get it

i think goldenchild said it best here:

ok you and the multinational companies want GM foods. fine. i want them to be LABELLED in stores but monsanto lobbies the government to not enforce GM labels since they are the government. dont we have freedom and choice in america? FDA makes manufacturers label ingredients, so they should make them label if they are genetically engineered ingredients. if GM foods are so great why is there such an uproar in europe about them?  most countries in the EU have banned GMOs and there ar burnings of fields with GM crops. i'd venture a guess that europeans are a hell of a lot smarter than americans. they eat real food over there.

i guarantee if companies were forced to label GM foods people wouldnt buy them. look what happened with monsanto's own bovine growth hormone when walmart took rBGH milk off their shelves after customer outcry.

how can you have "facts" that GM foods are perfectly safe when there is no significant testing of them? you havent provided any facts just drivel.

cross pollination in nature is NOT the same thing as GM foods. farmers try to prevent cross pollination , some species are more self pollinating than others. heirloom is more of a niche "market" term.....what you really want are open pollinated seeds.

your argument is the same "we cant support _ billion people without GMOs". there is no proof that GM crops have significantly higher yields than conventional organically grown crops. tell that to farmers in india....ever heard of BT cotton?

we have the resources and technology on this planet to feed 20 billion people yet alone 7. why are people starving? its called human GREED. making salmon in a lab aint the solution play boy.

how about more community gardens, people with their own home gardens, and greenhouses. heck you can grow sprouts with seeds, a jar, and water. aquaponics can grow food during winter. yeah there are a lot more people on this planet now....theres also a lot more people to grow food.

religious website?
laugh.gif
what religious website? i took the article from a random site, there a dozen other sites with the same article.

trust me, you wont be saving my life in a lab.

this is all there is to it

mr government scientist here wants monsanto, dupont, novartis, dow to control all the farms

Your statement in response still show how bad your reading comprehension is. You still accuse me of supporting corporations when I've said countless times that I DO NOT, and you still sound like a babbling idiot who, just like goldenchild, is throwing out nice sounding ideas without actually contributing to any of them. I on the other hand live up to what I "preach".

Just keep saying what your saying and allowing to let millions of people die instead of realizing there will ALWAYS be a market for natural/organic food AND GMOs. Natural foods can be bought and grown by people like you and GMOs can continue to support and save the lives of those less fortunate who cant grow their own food and cant afford to buy $10 organic burgers. 

Continue you to just stifle GMO progression and allowing children to starve to death.

I never ONCE said ONE corporation should rule the world and all of the food that we consume and that, that food has to be GMOs, NOT ONCE DID I SAY THIS. THIS IS WHERE YOUR READING COMPREHENSION FAILS.

I've only stated that with the growing population of people AND YES the GREED of people we need alternative ways to support the starving and sick and poor, and ONE VERY GOOD WAY TO DO THIS CHEAP AND EFFECTIVELY IS THROUGH GMOS!!!.

WTH DO YOU NOT GET ABOUT THAT? YOUR METHODS WILL NEVER BE PLAUSIBLE BECAUSE WE ARE GREEDY AND THE EARTH CAN NOT SUSTAIN THIS MANY PEOPLE. PROVE TO ME HOW IT CAN!!!! IF YOU BELIEVE SO. TELL ME YOUR PLANS AND IDEAS THAT WILL ACTUALLY WORK. DON'T JUST SAY EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE THEIR OWN GARDEN....WTH IS THAT CRAP? SHOULD WE ALL HERD AND BREED OUR OWN CATTLE? SO TELL ME GENIUS WHAT IS YOUR PLAN? BECAUSE I'VE TOLD YOU MY SOLUTIONS AND THAT IS GMOs. GMOs are not up to where they need to be right now, we still need to do a lot of research, but that's why I push so hard for the support and all you do is talk crap and stifle the research which can save lives. Spewing out more BS about how "oh everyone should eat natural grown food" but without throwing out a plan as to how in the hell that could work. And you have yet to address my other questions about the need for medicine and other things we get from GMOs. You suggest we all grow our own medicine too?

Let me tell you something about Europe, one of the most popular food chains over there is effin McDonalds and guess what kinda plants and animals they make their food out of.... GASP GMOs, you know where else McDonalds is poplar? Japan, which I can't remember who I responded to about, but they still haven't addressed how a country our industrialized AND eats GMOs can live so long. hmmm......?

I'm all for labeling GMOs I don't give a crap about the corporations and I would like regulations placed on them including forced labeling. I also like the organic/natural industry I've shopped for unique kinds of natural products all the time, which you could make with GMOs, but the natural market is where you can find them now. AGAIN, I am not even talking about those corporations. I am talking about a need for GMOs to produce cheap and effective medicine and food. YOU STILL FAIL TO REALIZE THIS NO MATTER HOW MANY TIMES I SAY IT.

If companies were forced to label them and people didn't buy them then that's there prerogative. YOU ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE THAT CHOICE, unlike the millions of people who are starving and will eat anything, and if we can support them with nutritious food that are GMOs then why not? At least they can eat and live, and have good nutrition. It's so important to the health of a population and to the proper development of a child. BUT, YOU WOULD RATHER THEM STARVE TO DEATH.... OR IM SORRY YOU EXPECT A BROKEN INNER CITY FAMILY WITH THE SINGLE PARENT AT WORK ALL DAY AND NIGHT TO GROW THEIR OWN PRODUCE AND CATTLE HUH?

And, actually there has been extensive studies on the safety of GMO food products and those studies are on going. If you knew anything about genetics you would realize that the very fact that these organisms can even survive to a full adult and fertile plant or animal is a pretty crucial sign that they are not going to "poison" us and that they do not contain any aberrant genes. As well as you would realize that consumption of food does affect your body very much so, but genetically modifying a plant or animal will not allow for those genes to affect your body, nor does consumption of growth hormones which can only recognize and bind to the receptors of those specific animals, they are nonreactive to human growth hormone receptors. Lastly, those growth hormones, like all protein, have a finite life time and quickly degrade in the body of the animal. There will be no residual hormones in a piece of steak for example.

The fact that we are all living longer while consuming GMOs is some what of an indicator that they aren't killing us. I know thats correlation, but still if we were all dying from consuming GMOs why are we all living longer?

cross pollination is the forced manipulation of a plants genes, GMOs are genetically modified/manipulated organisms it's like taking evolution into our own hands. Let me guess you don't believe in evolution? LOL I won't make that assumption, i'm just kidding. Speaking of that though I don't realize how people can't believe in evolution yet there are countless examples of it seen everyday, including the manipulation of plants genes through cross pollination.

BT cotton does have higher yield, its been studied, calculated, and reported on through non biased peer reviewed journals? Unless there has been an update to the field since mid early 2000s. So what's your point? You proved me right?  I CAN LINK SEVERAL PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES WHICH HAVE ANALYZED THIS AND PROVE HIGHER YIELDS THROUGH UNBIASED QUANTITATIVE STATISTICAL ANALYSIS. JUST ASK ME.

I DO NOT agree with that statement of being able to sustain 20 billion people without depleting the earth, but if you can prove me wrong then I will listen. We both agree on the greed, but the difference is I acknowledge the greed and propose ideas around it that are very possible and are currently being worked on. You throw out nice sounding ideas without an actually plan or evidence of if those plans will work, all you say is everyone should grow their own foods..... LOL?

Really? I won't? You better hope you never get cancer, diabetes, a neuro degenerative disease, CNS disease, stroke, or need an organ transplant because those are all of the fields my work has supported, and more actually, but those are the specific diseases I strive to find cures for during my graduate career.

Mr. can't read here wants to keep allowing millions of people to die; he is in the death party. Let us all praise his ingenious plans of sustained farming and saving lives. What a smart guy who hasn't said "a lot of stupid s_ THAT y'all are lapping it up". His evidence is solid and his plans for saving the world are incorruptible and fail-safe. 
laugh.gif
I'm being such an *** but oh well.
wink.gif

I agree with PleasurePHD that GMOs might be necessary to sustain our massive and growing population.

However, overpopulation is a serious issue and one that needs to be addressed. Growing more food is a short term solution. Space colonization is a fantasy (with what we know about space now.) People need to be educated that having 4+ children in the family is unsustainable in 2012 and beyond. We simply live too long now with the advent of modern medicine and technology.

Back
Top Bottom