~~~+++Warning April Fools Day Virus+++~~~

man im starting to think Norton 360 is a scam... I've done 3 liveupdates today and
it keeps saying Norton was updated...

nerd.gif

Originally Posted by sole vintage

Originally Posted by Mrhankey123

What exactly happens to your comp, when u start it and its been affected?
it supposedly disables your firewall antivirus, and doesn't allow you to boot the pc into safe mode
yeah my computer at work got it yesterday. it disabled the virus protection and if i try to search how to fix it it takes me to a fake site.

I'm getting my computer ready. Downloaded Malwarebytes and the Malaicious program from Microsoft. Anything else I should do?

Originally Posted by donpoppa

it supposedly disables your firewall antivirus, and doesn't allow you to boot the pc into safe mode
yeah my computer at work got it yesterday. it disabled the virus protection and if i try to search how to fix it it takes me to a fake site.
if you go to Microsoft.com they have a tool to get rid of it best of luck.

this is to get your mind off of what obama is doing... don't believe the hype ... i fix computers for damn near free.!!!

frown.gif

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

So exactly how do you block the virus if you don't already have it?

Disconnect your computer from your internet connection
laugh.gif

I did 2 antivirus test to make sure i dont have it and so far nothing. I dled AVG and about to run that now than disconnect my cable modem for the night
roll.gif

I'm turning my computer off at midnight and leaving it off until thursday

not taking any chances

Originally Posted by TeflanDon

So exactly how do you block the virus if you don't already have it?
some usb drives that have been used on a infected computer could transfer the worm by allowing the option Open folder to view files on auto run,even tho this is not supposed to be an option. it looks for PCs that are not running up to date protection if you have your firewall and windows update up todate your most likely safe

Ok someone help me update my windows and firewall. Where do I do that at? I don't know any of these things and I haven't touched my PC in forever.

Originally Posted by lurkin2long

i dont even know..........

if this isnt a hoax this is some messed up stuff............
Nah, this is not a hoax. People have already been infected. A newsroom wing of CBS was infected like last week and it took them around 5 days toget it back in order.

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

If you want to check if your computer's been infected already, go to sites like www.microsoft.com or www.f-secure.com

The conficker virus blocks your computer from going there so if you're able to load the site, you don't have it... yet

Also turning off your computer won't help. But I'm still doing it anyways
laugh.gif

Some conficker removal tools:

Microsoft Malicious Software Removal Tool:

http://mscom-dlcecn.vo.ll...indows-kb890830-v2.6.exe

F-Secure removal utility

ftp://193.110.109.53/anti-virus/tools/beta/f-downadup.zip

McAfee's removal tool

http://67.97.80.71/vil/co...ger/Stinger_Coficker.exe

This $@!! is not touching me
pimp.gif
Went to www.microsoft.com and it loaded!!!! Yes mothagdfgrojuf!!!!!
laugh.gif

I'm turning the whole thing off tomorrow and probably for a week. Heck even my tv...you never know
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Julian Wright

Ok someone help me update my windows and firewall. Where do I do that at? I don't know any of these things and I haven't touched my PC in forever.
to update windows hop on internet explorer go to safety on ie8 and hit windows update or on ie 7 go to tools and update. for your firewall go tooptions and hit update

Back
Top Bottom