WARNING to all SERO Sprint users. Vol. Oh no they didn't...

They trying to snake us.

Sprint SERO (Sprint Employee Referral Offer) plan users are reporting receiving recorded messages from a caller ID blocked phone number asking them to email their phone number and the name of the Sprint employee who referred them to an @sprint.com email address.

The message warns users of disconnection or interruption if they fail to do so within five (5) business days.
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by AirMaxin1

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the point of all this?

to find out how many people actually used a real employee name or just a fake one @sprint.com. this is horrible, if it really does happen sprint is going tolose even more customers then it has, horrible P.R.

Originally Posted by Stork

this is horrible, if it really does happen sprint is going to lose even more customers then it has, horrible P.R.
Yep. Well, we don't exactly know what's going to happen, but if Sprint charges SERO users the normal $99.99 for the Everything Plan,everyone will leave, myself included.

and to think i was about to sign up to a SERO plan using that bootleg email thing a couple months ago...sticking with my plan now...

I'm really surprised there are still people willing to get non-GSM phones.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Originally Posted by DL2352

indifferent.gif
If the price is right...
I can understand cost being an issue but phones running on CDMA networks just seem so impractical in this day and age. CDMA phones are completelyuseless overseas and you can't switch phones from carrier to carrier.

O NO!!!!

This means Metro PCS for me which will make me lame!!!!

OK can I get a legit e-mail address

The cause is not lost. Im heading over to a Sprint store if this happens and asking someone for their business card. Legit e-mail

I signed up using an @boostmobile address, does that matter?
laugh.gif

besides, this is BS, Sprint had even changed it to Sprint EXCLUSIVE referral offer before it died out...wth?

Originally Posted by thagreatj

Originally Posted by DL2352

whats GSM?
GSM (Global System for Mobile communications) is a cellular network. It's also the most popular cellular network, with about 80% of the worldusing it. The most popular GSM networks in the US are AT&T (Cingular) and T-Mobile. GSM phones are basically the phones that use SIM cards.

It's really shocking how behind the US is in terms of mobile phones. We all know that the European and Asian markets get all the cool phones Some of whicheventually trickle down to the US markets years later. Us still having a large chunk of the population running on a CDMA network (Sprint, Verizon) is testamentto how behind we are.

the only thing great about GSM phones in the US is the fact you can switch phones.. att and t-mobile cant touch sprint or verizon's coverage.

Was this the plan where y'all were paying $35 for everything?
Damn I'd be pissed I'd I was y'all

Okay, so I'm a gravedigger but I'm trying to find out some info about my SERO plan.

Anyone have concrete info about what happens if I try to change phones on my SERO (500 min + everything for $30) plan? Is it true that they'llautomatically try to change it to this other Employee Referral Plan that's twice as much?

Whatup, ddot. Twas a quiet offseason.

Anyway, I semi-recently switched phones (I have the same plan, switched mid-November) and nothing changed.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

They trying to snake us.

Sprint SERO (Sprint Employee Referral Offer) plan users are reporting receiving recorded messages from a caller ID blocked phone number asking them to email their phone number and the name of the Sprint employee who referred them to an @sprint.com email address.

The message warns users of disconnection or interruption if they fail to do so within five (5) business days.
eek.gif
embarassed.gif

eek.gif

any ideas on what to do!?

Originally Posted by CWrite78

the only thing great about GSM phones in the US is the fact you can switch phones.. att and t-mobile cant touch sprint or verizon's coverage.

Very true...For my senior trip i went to a ski resort in pennsylvania called Nevele Grand..Everybody with a sidekick or other crappy tmobile phone got one barat most...Maybe 2 at the top of the mountain...for some strange reason when i went to St. Vincent i didnt get any service with my verizon phone but u wasgetting service 15 miles away in Barbados

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Anyway, I semi-recently switched phones (I have the same plan, switched mid-November) and nothing changed.
Yeah, looks like Omar's being patient though, which is good. Anyway, that's definitely good news. Did you get the new phone through themor what? How'd you go about it...online?

I think I might try to get the Touch Pro and sell my Mogul, just don't wanna lose the plan because it's my work line and I have no complaintsotherwise.

Originally Posted by ddot7

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Yeah, looks like Omar's being patient though, which is good. Anyway, that's definitely good news. Did you get the new phone through them or what? How'd you go about it...online?

I think I might try to get the Touch Pro and sell my Mogul, just don't wanna lose the plan because it's my work line and I have no complaints otherwise.
I bought the phone on eBay, not through Sprint. Simple activation, really. I even had some trouble with the phone so I called CS after theactivation and everything was fine.

As for the offseason...i'm getting a TAD nervous...all the worthy FAs are getting picked up left and right. More reason to think we're getting...Manny?
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom