Washington State teen beaten, robbed in shoe sale gone wrong

30t6p3b.gif

Kicks is serious!

Originally Posted by BOMB SQUAD RECORDS

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

Take that reseller. I know it's wrong but with some of his comments I just can't feel bad about this.
C'mon man...

It should never be that serious....EVER

Your right but people who are in this hobby for nothing more then money have made it that serious. This once harmless hobby has turned into a very scandalous big buisness and if you can't protect yourself from this type of stuff you should prob find another line of work.

naive much?

this "once harmless, hobby"... oh word? lol you must be pretty young.

pull the wool made-in-Chinese-sweatshop Nike beanie from over your eyes, b.

This should be a lesson for him and every other person who agrees to sell(or even buy) ANYTHING to someone you meet online. Never agree to do a meet up dolo. Even if its in a public place in broad daylight
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

. He said he makes money by buying expensive basketball shoes when they’re first released and then reselling them on Craigslist or Facebook, often for twice the price. He showed KIRO 7 some of the 70 pairs of basketball shoes he has stuffed in his closet.

“I like the shoes, but I’m more in it for the money,

Originally Posted by maldonado

Originally Posted by Elpablo21

C'mon man...

It should never be that serious....EVER

Your right but people who are in this hobby for nothing more then money have made it that serious. This once harmless hobby has turned into a very scandalous big buisness and if you can't protect yourself from this type of stuff you should prob find another line of work.

naive much?

Great here comes "Nike's are made in sweatshop by kids guy". 

This sucks. I feel bad. I don't like resellers but they are just opportunists and they fuel the industry just like us as sneakerheads.

naive much?

That doesn't make it any less true. 
And there was nothing harmless about buying and wearing expensive kicks and clothes back then. Dudes were getting shot and killed for their jackets and Jordans. Here's the article published in Sports Illustrated in 1990:
http://www.chucksconnection.com/articles/your-sneakers-or-your-life.html

the thing is, this is serious business. He was selling 3 pairs, thats what $200-300 a piece ( Im assuming he's selling Jordans and Lebrons) thats real money. He'll learn his lesson and be smarter, but just because you arent selling something illegal doesnt mean people will "follow the rules".
but also, he had 70 pairs? Did he take out a loan or smething to be able to get all of them. What kind of teen has at least 7 grand to blow on shoes ( if he also says he needs the money)

Originally Posted by Gry60

naive much?

And there was nothing harmless about buying and wearing expensive kicks and clothes back then. Dudes were getting shot and killed for their jackets and Jordans. Here's the article published in Sports Illustrated in 1990

I'm not sure how old you guys are but I'm in my 30's now. I remember those days very well. Let's not act like people were getting killed left and right for shoes. It happened to a few kids in a few city's where crime was already a huge problem. If Sports Illustrated never ran a story most of you guys who lived outside of the major cities would of never even known this was going on. In 99% of the country you were safe to wear Starter coats or Jordan shoes which would make it nothing more then a harmless hobby. 

And there was nothing harmless about buying and wearing expensive kicks and clothes back then. Dudes were getting shot and killed for their jackets and Jordans. Here's the article published in Sports Illustrated in 1990

I'm not sure how old you guys are but I'm in my 30's now. I remember those days very well. Let's not act like people were getting killed left and right for shoes. It happened to a few kids in a few city's where crime was already a huge problem.

Maybe "only a few" kids got killed, but thousands got robbed, jacked, or had their stuff stolen. This wasn't just happening in major cities, I'm from Newport News, VA and i know 2 kids who got robbed at gunpoint for their starters, and a few more who had theirs snatched/stolen.

Kids still getting robbed for iPhones and stuff. It's not the shoes it's the environment. Shoes don't make people rob someone just like guns don't make people kill.

heatking wrote:

Reselling shoes is no different then, Scalping tickets to concerts/sports events, drug dealing small amounts of work, buying up collectors edition video games to resell etc etc list goes on, thats all bum shi* . if you do any of this^ to pay bils you are a bum in my books. Anything with RESELL is bum sh** plain and simple man. 

I suppose that doesn't apply to Foot Locker Inc and Blue Ribbon Sports in your book, does it? 

Anyone who has an issue with a consumer good being sold at a profit is an absolute cornball. Get over your self/hobby, you're grown, you should understand supply/demand.

heatking wrote:

Reselling shoes is no different then, Scalping tickets to concerts/sports events, drug dealing small amounts of work, buying up collectors edition video games to resell etc etc list goes on, thats all bum shi* . if you do any of this^ to pay bils you are a bum in my books. Anything with RESELL is bum sh** plain and simple man. 

I suppose that doesn't apply to Foot Locker Inc and Blue Ribbon Sports in your book, does it? 

Why would it? Reselling is buying at or from retail and selling for more. Those company's do not sell for more then retail so they can't be considered resellers.

Meet up in front of a police station. That's how you know if the buyer is legit or not. No goon is showing his face around a precinct.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Anyone who has an issue with a consumer good being sold at a profit is an absolute cornball. Get over your self/hobby, you're grown, you should understand supply/demand.

i dont have a issue with i dont do %#$% to stop resellers or anything  but complain once or twice on NT after a big release. but what is that doing? nothing. no one gives one %#$% what anyone says on here, it just the internet bro. 

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

Back
Top Bottom