Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
[thread="573457"]**** a Nick Young. He, McGee, and Blatche shall forever be booed for being memories of a dark past.[/thread]

And it's like that for the Lakers in any arena.

This, last year they had more fans at a Pacers home game then the pacers themselves

They do that in all arenas

And in measuring the worthlessness and how detrimental they were to the wiz it goes

Nick Young>>>>>>>>> Mcgee>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Blatche

wall360.gif

wnene.gif

surprised Nene played so well offensively....Wall played great...but don't see him being able to do this night in and night out...it was against the Lakers.

But glad we got the W and glad to see us close the game out at the end and not completely mismanage it like normal

Team looks dead tonight.. it'd be nice if we didn't have to burn out our starters so much

Swear I'm tired of all these close games but they stepped on the Bucks throat in overtime, good win. Friday against the Pacers will show me what we're really made of

Missed the game, but I'm now getting caught up w/ recaps.

Last night set up to be a typical "trap" game for the Wizards. Team on a lengthy losing streak w/ DC in town. I'm surprised as anything that they pulled it off. I couldn't be prouder of these guys. Tough game tomorrow vs. Indy, but I'll be curious to see if they can keep things going.

Eric Maynor is a giant flaming ball of suck. :lol:

I'm not expecting to win this game or even be close, but it's hilarious how terrible the second unit is when Wall comes out.

After his 30pt Lakers game
“I feel like wine,” Nene said, with a smile. “Get old. Get better.”

Yeah right. Dude is a leaking box of Franzia

Great win. This team has turned the corner, we're finally able to beat teams we should be beating. Even if the wins are ugly and closer than necessary (team blew an 18pt lead tonight smh) last year's team would have lost those games

John played an *elite* floor game today on both ends.. 26 points (9-18 fg), 12 assists, 6 rebounds, and 5 steals. He destroyed Jeff Teague (5-18 fg for 15pts, 5 TOs) on offense/defense. Wall reigns supreme in the Eastern Conference right now as far as PGs go

6-2 in the last 8. Also, might be w/o nene for a while. He was quoted as saying he's "hurting." SMH. So unreliable.

Nene would miss 20 games a season....a college season. Keep that fool aging in the Wine cellar.

The Wiz will be respectable if they can continue to beat the teams they are supposed to beat (especially at home). Keep beating the Bucks, Jazz, etc. and get the Ws they can.

I hope this team is just getting injuries out of the way early. Nice to see them hovering around .500.

Great run of form right now for us.

The thing i hate most about Nene is that when he is engaged and wants to play...dude is an outstanding basketball player. He is a great passer has great hands...handles the ball well for a guy his size. But his inconsistency/complacency and injury issues are what makes it so frustrating.

Last edited:
We're a game under .500 and currently sitting in 5th place in the conference :lol:

:lol: I mean honestly, other than Miami and Indiana, maybe Chicago, what teams in the East are guaranteed to be above :500?

It probably won't happen but the Wizards could very well finish with the 4 seed if they stay healthy and keep playing the way they are :nerd:

Last edited:
I'm not complaining. I'm actually hoping the standings stick like they are now.

I would LOVE to play Toronto in the first round 
laugh.gif

Long as Wall is playing, no way the Wiz miss the playoffs the way the east is this season :lol:

I think most of us figured this team would be floating around .500 for the season. I hope they can keep it up. I still worry a lot about the minutes our starters are playing. Al Harrington and Otto Porter can't get back soon enough.

For y'all that have seen Otto play, can he come in and make plays off the bench or is he more of a defense/spot up type guy? ...would be clutch if he can create a lil offense

From what i've seen in vids and scouting reports

Otto seems to be a defensive player who can spot up for 3s, and is good in transition, is there really no news on him returning? Kinda wanna watch him play already

I think most of us figured this team would be floating around .500 for the season. I hope they can keep it up. I still worry a lot about the minutes our starters are playing. Al Harrington and Otto Porter can't get back soon enough.

our bench is so awful I WISH Wall could get some more rest but Maynor truly does nothing well when he's out there

our bench is so awful I WISH Wall could get some more rest but Maynor truly does nothing well when he's out there
I wonder if there are advanced stats on Maynor, he is historically bad

He was -12 in FIVE minutes of play before Wittman benched him and brought Wall back early.

By contrast Wall is a +17. As soon as he comes in for Maynor (with the rest of the second unit still in) he starts getting bums like Singleton easy buckets.. night and day between him and Manor

Wall has to play close to 40min for the Wizards to beat even the crappy teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom