Washington Wizards 2013 - 2014 Season Thread - Thanks for a great season!

Where will the Washington Wizards finish this season?

• Out of the playoffs.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • In 8th place.

• In 7th place.

• In 6th place.

• In 5th place.

• I'm delusional and believe the Wizards will finish in 4th place or higher.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lol: My theory is that Ariza knew he was never coming back since last year (after we drafted Porter he made some comments about "the writing is on the wall" or something like that). The only reason he took so long to 'make up his mind' is because he was waiting to see what played out with the Heat. Dude is a laidback, warm weather cat all the way.. he didn't want to stay in DC

I don't know if this is what you're alluding to, but in Ariza's exit interview he was like "Otto is gonna be really good" which I thought was weird given that he'd only seen him in practice. So he must have truly seen the potential, and knew that Otto breaking out would lead to somebody (either him or Web) being traded

He also probably got a verbal agreement from Houston to be the starter.. ie Morey tipped him off that they weren't gonna match Parsons

Exactly. This is why I really wasn't trippin' when he wasn't retained. Gortat was a priority. It would be nearly impossible to fill his shoes had he left. Ariza...well, he was great last year, but a lot of that success is attributed to what Wall was doing. No disrespect to Ariza, but I always felt that his contributions could be duplicated by bringing in cheaper options. Well, EG did just that by signing Pierce. Not to mention that Otto was waiting in the wings. I'm really excited to see what he can do when he gets minutes. The b-ball IQ is there...it's just the other aspects of his game that need fine-tuning. He was the #3 pick for a reason, now he has to show it.

GRJr has a hell of a opportunity in front of him. He's primed to get at least 15 mpg. He's a guy who can fill up the stat sheet. What I've liked seeing from him is his aggressiveness. Dude has no fear going to the rack and loves the contact. I'm sure he'll have his infuriating moments, but the upside is there. We can always use scoring off the bench, and I think he can provide a spark.

*edit*

Garrett Temple re-signed.

Last edited:
Agree 100% DJs I'm really optimistic about our young players. This time last year it seemed like we had an uncertain future, and our only good young player was Wall and *maybe* Beal.

Now we have a nice solid young core of Wall, Beal, Porter, GR Jr, Blair all 25 or younger.

Hopefully Otto really does well for us next year. Someone needs to tell john wall to spend all summer shooting thats the only major flaw in his game

Jan Vesely headed to Turkey. Bon voyage homie
laugh.gif
He been left DC bruh

Our SL team is balling :pimp:

Well really, it's just GR Jr and Otto carrying the squad but still :lol:

Last edited:
Glen Rice Jr named MVP of Summer League, Otto and Glen both named to First Team All-SL

View media item 1089334
BtCI62GCQAAzbzR.png

Here's the company Glen is in of SL MVPs:

aN0RBLh.png

He's also the only second round pick on that ^ list. I think we might have to give EG his credit for that draft pick :lol:

Last edited:
Josh Selby was a 2nd Rd pick.

Both Otto and GRJR did exactly what they needed to do. They were the #1 and #2 players every time they stepped on the floor.

There should be no question moving forward about what both guys are capable of.

Last edited:
I questioned all last year why GRJ wasn't playing.. this guy was putting up great scoring numbers in the D-League and shooting a really high percentage i know he's a guy who can get shots in the NBA also

I questioned all last year why GRJ wasn't playing.. this guy was putting up great scoring numbers in the D-League and shooting a really high percentage i know he's a guy who can get shots in the NBA also

I felt Randy might of not believed in him, he played a couple games tho

GRJr wasn't playing because there were better options in front of him. On top of it all, Randy was coaching to save his job. This is part of the reason why Otto wasn't seeing minutes as well.

As of now, both guys should have a prominent role in the rotation. Martell is officially on notice.

We are really deep. If Wittman can manage minutes similar to Pop's style, (I can only wish), all players should be fresh and stay healthy through out the season. I know its early but our goal should be the Finals, if not 6 or 7 games in the ECF.

It feels weird that we have a team that runs 9-10 deep. This has to be the most depth we've had since I've been alive. This is provided all bench guys play up to their capabilities. Excluding Porter and GRJR...all of our bench guys have started somewhere else before.

I'm a fan of the alternates..that's normally not the case..the shorts are :smokin:smokin

I can't wait for the season..more excited about the Wizards then the upcoming football season (Diplomats)..even I can't believe it.

Wish they had a white stripe on the waistband of the shorts to set apart all that blue. It might make the shorts look too white by themselves, but the uniform like this would be 
pimp.gif
 (yes I added the stripe to a photoshop before anyone asks why it looks off 
laugh.gif
)

Last edited:
I really hate the wizards uniforms now. They should of kept the blue and gold.

I also hate the name "wizards" :lol:

The worst name in sports history

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom