***Washington Wizards Offseason Thread....Wall now 6'5" 201 pounds...***

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

What other teams are tapped to get new unis next season?

I'm wondering myself.  Honestly, the only teams I can think of in severe need of a uni makeover are PHX and NJ.  Most other teams have already changed within the last few years and the rest are classics that won't ever change.  Those are the only two that stick out, IMO.

Originally Posted by lobotomybeats

What other teams are tapped to get new unis next season?

I'm wondering myself.  Honestly, the only teams I can think of in severe need of a uni makeover are PHX and NJ.  Most other teams have already changed within the last few years and the rest are classics that won't ever change.  Those are the only two that stick out, IMO.

Ted on a name change....

Link

Didn't say yes, and didn't say no....if nothing was in the works, he could have flat out said "this is who we are."

nerd.gif

More

Ted on a name change....

Link

Didn't say yes, and didn't say no....if nothing was in the works, he could have flat out said "this is who we are."

nerd.gif

More

They're cool with me. As for a name change...

The Wizards

The ensuing contest was indeed run through Boston Market, and the restaurant reportedly received 500,000 name suggestions involving around 3,000 separate names. Some of them were classic.

They "ranged from what you'd expect, like the Washington Generals or Washington Stars or Washington Monuments, to some strange ones," team spokesman Matt Williams said at the time. "Antelopes, Astronauts, Geckos--that's a lizard, I believe--and the Funkadelics. You wouldn't believe it."

I still have hope.
laugh.gif

They're cool with me. As for a name change...

The Wizards

The ensuing contest was indeed run through Boston Market, and the restaurant reportedly received 500,000 name suggestions involving around 3,000 separate names. Some of them were classic.

They "ranged from what you'd expect, like the Washington Generals or Washington Stars or Washington Monuments, to some strange ones," team spokesman Matt Williams said at the time. "Antelopes, Astronauts, Geckos--that's a lizard, I believe--and the Funkadelics. You wouldn't believe it."

I still have hope.
laugh.gif

Not bad, the franchise needed a facelift. But that Wizard logo? Trash, and always has been.

Not bad, the franchise needed a facelift. But that Wizard logo? Trash, and always has been.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Ted on a name change....

Link

nerd.gif

More
Good links.
I think the blatant color changes and fonts signal the Bullets name will be back in a couple years. In one of those links, Ted mentioned they went far with the changes without crossing the line. They did. Got as close to being the Bullets again without actually using the name. Ex. the Bullets-like reaching hand "dc" logo slapped right on the shorts. 

People will scoop up new merch now and then re-buy 2 years from now. The changes now are just to whet the fans' appetite. Just gonna make people want "Bullets" even more. 
laugh.gif

Was never a big Bullets fan but as I said, having lived in MD for a long time, I can state with certainty that the Bullets name means A LOT to basketball fans in the area. People here think the Wizards name is a joke, which makes them feel the team is a joke. Gotta reconnect permanently with history.

Some teams' colors and logos - Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, 76ers, Knicks, even Spurs - you just don't change. They're timeless. Washington hasn't exactly been that successful but I'd throw them in that group, too.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Ted on a name change....

Link

nerd.gif

More
Good links.
I think the blatant color changes and fonts signal the Bullets name will be back in a couple years. In one of those links, Ted mentioned they went far with the changes without crossing the line. They did. Got as close to being the Bullets again without actually using the name. Ex. the Bullets-like reaching hand "dc" logo slapped right on the shorts. 

People will scoop up new merch now and then re-buy 2 years from now. The changes now are just to whet the fans' appetite. Just gonna make people want "Bullets" even more. 
laugh.gif

Was never a big Bullets fan but as I said, having lived in MD for a long time, I can state with certainty that the Bullets name means A LOT to basketball fans in the area. People here think the Wizards name is a joke, which makes them feel the team is a joke. Gotta reconnect permanently with history.

Some teams' colors and logos - Celtics, Bulls, Lakers, 76ers, Knicks, even Spurs - you just don't change. They're timeless. Washington hasn't exactly been that successful but I'd throw them in that group, too.

Very nice 
pimp.gif

..although someone already pointed out theres too many teams in this color scheme

I wonder what the court would look like

Back
Top Bottom