Wasn't New York City More Grimey In The 80s & 90s In Constrast To Now

The Bronx is THE BRONX, westchester is WESTCHESTER I don't care if I can spit on a Bronx street from where I live....
laugh.gif
and what i was saying is yonkers and mount vernon are in economic conditions not unlike da bronx, and they're both in westchester county.
laugh.gif
look at you upset

Son trying to act like the heights is some upscale community

laugh.gif
mean.gif

Oh he mad
you got me confused with someone else troll.

if da heights was so "bad"gentrifiers sure dont act like it

thats why they're all DYING to go to brooklyn and live in bedsty and bushwick and live in these "upscale communities"

eyes.gif
laugh.gif

come back and post on you're real account.

I Remember Me & My Family Left South Bronx To Move Uptown To Co Op City (Which Is Known To Be One Of The Peaceful Neighborhoods In The BX) To Be Around A Better Atmosphere , It Was 50/50 , Wasn't As Hectic As South BX , But Still Had Crime , Shootouts Etc , The Gun Raid Of 2005 Was A Big Wake Up Call , ATF Came Into The Buildings & Ceased Numerous Firearms and Nacarotics , But The Reason I'm Mentioning This Because Is To Show That Crime Is Every Where , It's Right Under Your Nose & You Wouldn't Even Know , So Idk If This Whole Generification This Is Going To Solve Anything , People Always Find A Loophole ..

Bro...before I get confused...are you implying Yonkers and MoneyMakinMtVernon are in the same shape as the BX economically....chill bro..

Some areas need gentrification to survive. It breathes new live into the community.

Harmless hipsters over gangsters and criminals any day of the week.

This
laugh.gif

Majority of businesses in the Heightz

3-4 barbershops per block
2-3 bodegas per block
2-3 restaurants per block
Random sneaker store
Random chill spot

Half of those got funny money going thru it
laugh.gif

Ain't nothing too crazy
laugh.gif

The reason it does so well is also the overpopulation of the area. You got 5/6 people in a 2 bedroom that never leave the area
laugh.gif

Lets not pretend it's some economic plan that should be spread everywhere
laugh.gif
LOL. People don't understand. How you think Miami was built? 

You know what's the point of gentrification correct?

To move out the current residents and take it out and turn it the way they want it.

The gentrifiers don't want to Iive with you in da heightz, they want the area / housing and want you out.
laugh.gif

So they could have their imprint inthe area, that's pretty much the whole point of this thread and gentrification.

Google it.
Correct. And as stated like all other NY areas, Da Heights is no different. I give it a few years.

To move out the current residents and take it out and turn it the way they want it.

The gentrifiers don't want to Iive with you in da heightz, they want the area / housing and want you out. :lol:

So they could have their imprint inthe area, that's pretty much the whole point of this thread and gentrification.

Google it.

As much as I disdain pretty much everything I can recall seeing JJ Watt post, this is correct. While notions of a neighborhood's "authenticity" can play a role in some situations, this primarily applies to middle-class people of the same racial or ethnic background whose families had moved away from these neighborhoods but who now want to return and economically gentrify the area (for example, Harlem or Bronzeville in Chicago). Even in these cases, however, the major catalysts for such efforts are geographic location, the relative cheapness of property, etc.

Correct. And as stated like all other NY areas, Da Heights is no different. I give it a few years.
Exactly, no one gives a damn about your culture. People are just flocking to the last few semi-affordable places in NYC left. It's a shame really but rent control can't hold people down forever. Eventually all of these small neighborhoods will get priced out and people will leave the city.

The flight from NYC has contributed to the come up in many cities down South. For people barely making it here, it sure seems like better quality of life is possible elsewhere.

Exactly, no one gives a damn about your culture. People are just flocking to the last few semi-affordable places in NYC left. It's a shame really but rent control can't hold people down forever. Eventually all of these small neighborhoods will get priced out and people will leave the city.

The flight from NYC has contributed to the come up in many cities down South. For people barely making it here, it sure seems like better quality of life is possible elsewhere.
This woman I know used to live in a roach infested, run down apartment in the Bronx.

Now she in a suburb just outside of Atlanta in a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a huge backyard.

This woman I know used to live in a roach infested, run down apartment in the Bronx.

Now she in a suburb just outside of Atlanta in a nice 3 bedroom 2 bath house with a huge backyard.
paying half the rent she used to pay and breathing clean air.

My parents live 4 houses down from the Christmas house on Pelham Pkwy for the past 30 years, would never want to live in any of the other 4 boroughs.

Lol @ Westchester County and Mount Vernon being one foot step away from being The Bronx and thinking it's better than it :lol: :lol:

The gentrifiers don't want to Iive with you in da heightz, they want the area / housing and want you out.
laugh.gif

Google it.
so whats it gonna be troll? that?^^

or
Originally Posted by JJ Watt  

*shrug*

The people who complain about gentrification are the people who enjoy living in the filth and poverty of it an more than likely will never leave that hood and continue the cycle.
its pretty obvious you know what it is, but since since you're too coward to post with your real SN you can pop all da **** you want.

i smell your secretions from over here...

Still mad
smokin.gif

Name callin because you don't have a proper argument or rebuttal
smokin.gif
Get help fam. Please.
seriously, gentrfiers can stay in those "big houses" that no one wants in west bubble ****
laugh.gif

can't have it both ways b, calling my hood wack and at da same time advocating that hipsters come and move in...so its wack for

my peoples but great for hipster gentrfiers right? what a dweeb....

this is why chinatown & washington heights dont go anywhere.... "control our own businesses, with our OWN money"
nthat.gif

Last edited:
Damb why JJ going at ninja like that...I can understand Ninjas pride and love for his neighborhood...you going for homies jugular man...chill :lol:

Last edited:
I know it's hard concept to understand.

So here, read really slow.

They want to move to your "hood" AKA "da heightz" because of the buildings / rent / space / to live in NY.

Don't they want your aspects of the "hood".

They want the area.

Once they get that, you get the boot.

Or you think the "hipsters" want 100 barbershops / bodegas ?
what happened i thought da suburbs and home ownership was where its at, and people who are opposed to gentrification are people who wanna live in

poverty?

laugh.gif
disgusting troll...

Damb why JJ going at ninja like that...I can understand Ninjas pride and love for his neighborhood...you going for homies jugular man...chill
laugh.gif
he's a troll who's too moist to post on his real SN...

he ain't hurting my feelings, after all gentfiers want what i ALREADY HAVE
laugh.gif
nthat.gif

for every ninjahood room joke there is there's 100 hipsters that wanna live 5 at time here head to foot on a mattress cramped in my apt.

what happened to da american dream with da big house & white picket fence? why ya trying to suck off downtown brooklyn instead of getting

a "better life" in da suburbs?
nerd.gif

This thread is about gentrification, now he's talking about the subs and living in houses
laugh.gif
this is what YOU dont undertand troll...you know WHY gentrifiers are trying to live where i live? instead of

going after da american dream of "owning a home and having a backyard" because da american

dream is dying, and houses are too expensive and far away for people now, and having a car with gas prices that are too high

has become unappealing...THATS why.

there's 2 sides to this story.

this is what YOU dont undertand troll...you know WHY gentrifiers are trying to live where i live? instead of

going after da american dream of "owning a home and having a backyard" because da american

dream is dying, and houses are too expensive and far away for people now, and having a car with gas prices that are too high

has become unappealing...THATS why.

there's 2 sides to this story.

Back
Top Bottom