Wasted Away Again in Margaritaville... Vol. Vacation Pics

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I saw this post earlier today and was gonna come in here and hate for some reason because the place looks too boring for me, but I went through the pics and it looks like a very peaceful place to relax and get away from people and things.

pimp.gif

I'm guessing your indianish?

also you kinda dodged the question on how much the trip cost you, and your probably consider yourself some sort of gentleman that doesn't disclose prices...but your not so can you give us a rough estimate of how much you paid?
laugh.gif

I'm West Indian.  I don't like to talk costs because what I consider expensive might be cheap for others or vice versa.  If you stay on the island in a place on the beach you will pay anywhere from $90-$250 per night.  The room I got was $100 per night.  Food bought at the grocery store was like $50 for 4 days for 2 people (majority of this cost was the fresh Gulf shrimp we bought)..alcohol..$50..this is more than the actual cost because we had stuff left over.  Eating out casually (not fast food) is like $15-20 per person. If you go for a nice dinner it's $40-50 per person...more if you order wine.  The cost of all that depends on how many times you eat out so it varies. You can do the math and add everything up
smile.gif
  I didn't fly so my travel expenses was about 1.5 tankfulls roundtrip driving. 

A similar trip can be replicated for a lot more or a lot less..depending on what you want.  You could stay off the island at a hotel for $50 a night and drive to the beach everyday..that cuts your lodging stay in half...and just eat fast food when you go out to eat..will save you money.  You can also get an ocean view suite for $200 per night and eat out every day which will will probably double your costs of everything.  All depends on how much you want to spend...but you get what you pay for. 

The place is definitely not a party atmosphere.  It's not a place where you drink until 4am and wake up 12 the next day hung over. But it is a great place to relax and do nothing for a few days.

Originally Posted by GrimlocK

I saw this post earlier today and was gonna come in here and hate for some reason because the place looks too boring for me, but I went through the pics and it looks like a very peaceful place to relax and get away from people and things.

pimp.gif

I'm guessing your indianish?

also you kinda dodged the question on how much the trip cost you, and your probably consider yourself some sort of gentleman that doesn't disclose prices...but your not so can you give us a rough estimate of how much you paid?
laugh.gif

I'm West Indian.  I don't like to talk costs because what I consider expensive might be cheap for others or vice versa.  If you stay on the island in a place on the beach you will pay anywhere from $90-$250 per night.  The room I got was $100 per night.  Food bought at the grocery store was like $50 for 4 days for 2 people (majority of this cost was the fresh Gulf shrimp we bought)..alcohol..$50..this is more than the actual cost because we had stuff left over.  Eating out casually (not fast food) is like $15-20 per person. If you go for a nice dinner it's $40-50 per person...more if you order wine.  The cost of all that depends on how many times you eat out so it varies. You can do the math and add everything up
smile.gif
  I didn't fly so my travel expenses was about 1.5 tankfulls roundtrip driving. 

A similar trip can be replicated for a lot more or a lot less..depending on what you want.  You could stay off the island at a hotel for $50 a night and drive to the beach everyday..that cuts your lodging stay in half...and just eat fast food when you go out to eat..will save you money.  You can also get an ocean view suite for $200 per night and eat out every day which will will probably double your costs of everything.  All depends on how much you want to spend...but you get what you pay for. 

The place is definitely not a party atmosphere.  It's not a place where you drink until 4am and wake up 12 the next day hung over. But it is a great place to relax and do nothing for a few days.

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

This trip looks pretty boring to say the least.
looks like he has a gf/wife and they went away for a few days to get away from it all and relax

mission accomplished

might be boring if youre looking to party and go clubbing but that clearly wasnt his intent

wow there are more west indians on this board then I thought...
pimp.gif

those prices you posted Ghenges were very helpful it actually makes me want to go there...when I find a decent girl to bring down there.

I can def. find enjoyment in a place where there isn't a party atmosphere. much appreciated for the info.

wow there are more west indians on this board then I thought...
pimp.gif

those prices you posted Ghenges were very helpful it actually makes me want to go there...when I find a decent girl to bring down there.

I can def. find enjoyment in a place where there isn't a party atmosphere. much appreciated for the info.

Back
Top Bottom