Wat does a life coach do?

aight yall real $+%!, i think i may need a life coach. i always been one of the smarter dudes, but i make sum of the stupidest most reckless decisions ever & those decisions normally put me in bad situations. ive known this about myself for a couple years & i been tryna change it but its like im tryna keep from bein myself. i hear alotta people say how they dont give a $%#$ bout nuthin but i dont even have to say it, i really give no $%#$ at all & i just dont care about consequences until its too late. im tryna find out wat exactly a life coach does & where to find one & $+%! like that, cause i honestly believe i need help

aight yall real $+%!, i think i may need a life coach. i always been one of the smarter dudes, but i make sum of the stupidest most reckless decisions ever & those decisions normally put me in bad situations. ive known this about myself for a couple years & i been tryna change it but its like im tryna keep from bein myself. i hear alotta people say how they dont give a $%#$ bout nuthin but i dont even have to say it, i really give no $%#$ at all & i just dont care about consequences until its too late. im tryna find out wat exactly a life coach does & where to find one & $+%! like that, cause i honestly believe i need help

They help people rediscover themselves and aid them in reaching long and short term goals.

They help people rediscover themselves and aid them in reaching long and short term goals.

Originally Posted by eashawty

story of my life. imma need to consider one now

story of my life. imma need to consider one now

They're about that life.

Yo eashawty, what type of folk you hang out around with man? I feel friends and stuff would be of some help if they really cared about you. lol.

Also, I honestly never knew life coaches existed.

They're about that life.

Yo eashawty, what type of folk you hang out around with man? I feel friends and stuff would be of some help if they really cared about you. lol.

Also, I honestly never knew life coaches existed.

Are you speaking about a mentor? or a shrink?

Maybe you should get a shrink and they can diagnose you.

Are you speaking about a mentor? or a shrink?

Maybe you should get a shrink and they can diagnose you.

there's some books out there that elaborate on subjects like this, one book i read that affected me greatly was the road less traveled by scott peck. i highly recommend you check it out.

there's some books out there that elaborate on subjects like this, one book i read that affected me greatly was the road less traveled by scott peck. i highly recommend you check it out.

^^maybe i am thinkin bout a mentor, but i dont like that word. im a grown %@@ man i dont need no damn mentor, & i dont think im crazy so i dont need a shrink
laugh.gif

@hendrix yea my potnas be lookin out & tryna make sure i dont do stupid %@!%, but at the end of the day the decisions r mine to make & i obviously have poor decision makin abilities

^^maybe i am thinkin bout a mentor, but i dont like that word. im a grown %@@ man i dont need no damn mentor, & i dont think im crazy so i dont need a shrink
laugh.gif

@hendrix yea my potnas be lookin out & tryna make sure i dont do stupid %@!%, but at the end of the day the decisions r mine to make & i obviously have poor decision makin abilities

laugh.gif

uhh there is no age limit on having a mentor. 
laugh.gif
 They are there to help guide you during your life. Especially when you have questions that you cant answer or seek a better opinion on. Obviously youre a "grown #++ man" making foolish decisions and mistakes.  I don't see how a positive mentor would hurt you in this state of your life.

laugh.gif

uhh there is no age limit on having a mentor. 
laugh.gif
 They are there to help guide you during your life. Especially when you have questions that you cant answer or seek a better opinion on. Obviously youre a "grown #++ man" making foolish decisions and mistakes.  I don't see how a positive mentor would hurt you in this state of your life.

Originally Posted by DJ Rashy

It's funny because I've only met one person who's a life coach.
And I swear the one book he's ever read is The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck, and it was referred to him by his life coach

Crazy. I need to read it, because my boy, this cat is easily the most respected dude I know, and he swears by this book. 

Anyways, regardless of what you may think or the preconceived notions you may have, therapy/life coaching/mentoring is a beautiful thing my brotha.

Don't automatically just dismiss something because you don't like it's title, brah. That's wild immature.

Unfortunately, it can be pricey to get in with some therapists. I imagine that "life coaches" are much more expensive, though.

In essence, you're paying someone just to talk to them.

The concept of it is fundamentally odd, off top, so I'll give you that.
But honestly, the fact that they're a completely subjective, random third party will give you unbiased attention makes the time you spend with them to be soo beneficial.

Therapy is crazy man. You don't realize stuff until it comes out of your own mouth.

And when you just start completely unraveling, free straming thoughts into words, you'll say some *%#% that'll hit you with a *LIGHTBULB*

Like, damn. I never realized that until now. 

So that 100% trustworthy opening up is made possible through the process of therapy. It's extremely beneficial, and I recommend it for everyone 

Cliffs:

Therapy's dope.

From what you say, you should try it out. Read up top if you want reasons why.

Originally Posted by DJ Rashy

It's funny because I've only met one person who's a life coach.
And I swear the one book he's ever read is The Road Less Traveled by M. Scott Peck, and it was referred to him by his life coach

Crazy. I need to read it, because my boy, this cat is easily the most respected dude I know, and he swears by this book. 

Anyways, regardless of what you may think or the preconceived notions you may have, therapy/life coaching/mentoring is a beautiful thing my brotha.

Don't automatically just dismiss something because you don't like it's title, brah. That's wild immature.

Unfortunately, it can be pricey to get in with some therapists. I imagine that "life coaches" are much more expensive, though.

In essence, you're paying someone just to talk to them.

The concept of it is fundamentally odd, off top, so I'll give you that.
But honestly, the fact that they're a completely subjective, random third party will give you unbiased attention makes the time you spend with them to be soo beneficial.

Therapy is crazy man. You don't realize stuff until it comes out of your own mouth.

And when you just start completely unraveling, free straming thoughts into words, you'll say some *%#% that'll hit you with a *LIGHTBULB*

Like, damn. I never realized that until now. 

So that 100% trustworthy opening up is made possible through the process of therapy. It's extremely beneficial, and I recommend it for everyone 

Cliffs:

Therapy's dope.

From what you say, you should try it out. Read up top if you want reasons why.

I've always thought about being a life coach. In this day and age it's very hard to really get your life together. A good life coach would give you small goals that give you confidence to make a larger change. It's easy to read a book, or say you are going to do something, but it's very hard to create habits. Successful people have good habits. Stupid people have stupid habits. A good first step to overall responsibility is to make a minor change that you can do. Try to do it for 21 days straight. It doesn't even have to be important, it is just a tool for you to learn how to control yourself better. Brush your teeth with your left (offhand) everyday for the next 3 weeks. Used be surprised how ridiculously hard it will be for you to remember, and do it. It is something so small, takes no extra time, and after a few days is relatively easy to do. However, after three weeks you will be amazed at how ritualistic it feels to do it that way. Good luck mang.

It would be great to have a life coach, because it is someone that holds you accountable. However, in my opinion, a good life coach is someone that meets with you once a week for an hour or two. If you have a really close friend, or family willing to do this you really don't need a life coach. It may seem weird and odd to both of you, but having tangible goals is the only way to have a real change.

Spend a week, or a few days writing out your bigger goals. Then break down small individual goals. If you have someone keep you accountable to it, you'll start heading toward success. I've lost 47 pounds in the last year, and all I simply did was first cut out soda, then cut out small snacks, then replace snack urges with fruits/veggies, then eventually limit myself to pizza 2x a week, and finally make a goal to keep it under 1900 calories a day. There are obviously better, quicker ways to get healthy, but I've created a habit of improving my health and now during the little decisions (walk by a vending machine) my slow progress has made my will that much stronger to resist doing something dumb.

Back
Top Bottom