Watch out for the *** on ebay auctions.

Lot of shill bidding going on now on ebay with bidders like a***l, d***n, and so on. I've seen atleast 5 auctions like the ones below on Jordans were theseguys are running the auction prices up. Does anyone know how to turn these auctions into ebay. I tried but I can't get a response from them.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBids&item=150178577751&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:BIDN

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120179331768&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=002

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=150178571603&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=005

That's not shill bidding. Ebay doesn't show full names of bidders anymore unless your the seller to protect from spoof emails being sent.

^ Bullcrap, So they'll show the winners complete name, but just so happens everyone else just has 5 letter names?
smh.gif

Its a scam, people have finally figured out hot to get more money on there auctions....

YES! Sometimes you can't see the winners' name. But sometimes you can.

Look it up on the website. It tells you in plain english.

That is not eBay protection... those members are bidding on almost every item i see on eBay... its crazy.

I remember reading something about it. It said that those names were shown to protect the identity of someone buying expensive merchandise or something likethat.

Who knows if you can actually sign up for the name a***1.

When you look up one of the names, it says page not found:
http://myworld.ebay.com/a***l/

Their shill bidding boys, plain and simple. You don't have that many people with 5 letter names bidding on the same item. And in the auctions everyoneelses name is shown complete.

If your denying this it's probably you.
laugh.gif

^These auctions are NOT shill bids.

On "higher" priced auctions, the mask out the non-highest bidder to protect against the losing bidders getting solicsited by other potential sellers.

Every masked named has 5 characters with 3 stars in the middle.

And no, these are not my auctions.

But because of this new eBay policy, it will make shill bidding easier. Go figure.

It's not necessarily shill bidding, it's meant for privacy on that auction, but it sure promotes potential shill bidding.

Wait, how did this topic get into the JB forum??

They say it protects bidders. I think that it takes the first letter and last letter of your ebay name and just puts three *'s in between.

If you ask me I think it is bullish.

Why do they bid against itself then? For example, a***l has the highest offer and it still bids again and again.

^^^heat23, a***l has the highest offer but still bids cause he knows others are trying to bid on the shoes, which if those other bidders really want the shoesthat bad, will bid higher. That IS shill bidding. Hello? How can people not see this? By ebays own definition of shill bidding, this is a prefect example ofit. Theres no reason to bid again and again if you already have the highest bid. 3thaman, i've tried notifying ebay about this stuff, but ebay turns itsblind fn eye. The higher an auction goes, the more profit ebay makes off its final sale %. Its all bs and theres nothing you can do about it. Just try and wina legit auction. All shoes being sold should really go into a special auction area where this is not possible.

^^^2396Bulls^^^ that is not shill bidding because how do you know that the bidder isn't just trying to increase his or her chances at winning the auction?yes some might be shill bidding, but its not certain; unless you can track their i.p. address and back up your statement with facts, everything is still up inthe air.

well all i know is that fake ebay emails do come out from these types of auction because some moron decided to send me a spoof second chance offer....problemwas, i was the freaking winner of the auction so why would i need a second chance offer!! hahaha what dumb!**#@@. just reported the email to ebay and that wasthat. so it could be to protect but there is a point, why would they show the winners name? i think it is some kind of shady game going on but who knows why ormaybe their ebay name really does contain asterisks

grow the fuk up kids. shill happens. scam happens, just be smart and live w/ it.
if $20-$50 is gonna break u on a pairs of shoes you want, then u shouldn't be even buying..

but if u no wanan take it in, just move elsewhere.

sounds like a sore loser...so exactly which item did you bid on and didn't win? there's an option to keep the bidders id hidden when you are listing anitem for auction. not to mention, ebay has the sellers ip address, so that when shill bidding does occur from the same ip, there are able to catch it.doesn't necessarily mean that they can't use another id at another location, but thats just life. sometimes we do the ******, most time, we are theones getting fuked

This thread is stupid.
It's to protect highest bidder's ID.
It sometimes could be revealed when auction has finished.

Does anyone know how to turn these auctions into ebay.

This is like you are calling 911 to report a police undercover who's acting as a gangster.

This was taken straight from ebay- That is not shil bidding

Bid safely: eBay limits how your bid history information is displayed by usinganonymous names. When the highest bid, reserve or Buy It Now price on an item reaches or exceeds a certain level, other members cannot view yourmember-specific information-such as your User ID-on the Bid History page. Your complete User ID is shown to the seller of this item only. Bidders are assignedanonymous names, such as a***b. These anonymous names are used consistently across all auctions that exceed a certain level.

Regardless of the current high bid, when the reserve or Buy It Now price is initially set at or above $200.00, your User ID will appear as an anonymous namethroughout the duration of the auction, even if the seller lowers the price.

Note: Anonymous names may appear more than once in the bid history and may represent different bidders from different auctions.

I am sorry 3thaman , but that is NOT shill bidding .... i thought it was a couple weeks ago , and looked into it .... its one of ebay's new stupid ******edchanges

even if the names werent stared you could still shill bid your auction up if you wanted to

Back
Top Bottom